• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smoking is a common cause of leukoplakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

H Niemand

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Philly PA
I have not been here for over a year. I was doing great with the E-Cigs and then all H*** broke loose and I was back to over a pack a day.
I began losing my voice about two months ago. Went to an ENT, got scoped and was told I have leukoplakia of the vocal cords. That is, white patches like some people get inside their cheeks and on their gums. It is a pre-cancerous condition primarily cause by smoking.
So, I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago and was checked aging today. There is a 50% improvement already. I can hear my voice returning.
Now, when I get an urge, I puff on my e-cig. That's why I'm back.
Hello everyone. How have you been??

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I have not been here for over a year. I was doing great with the E-Cigs and then all H*** broke loose and I was back to over a pack a day.
I began losing my voice about two months ago. Went to an ENT, got scoped and was told I have leukoplakia of the vocal cords. That is, white patches like some people get inside their cheeks and on their gums. It is a pre-cancerous condition primarily cause by smoking.
So, I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago and was checked aging today. There is a 50% improvement already. I can hear my voice returning.
Now, when I get an urge, I puff on my e-cig. That's why I'm back.
Hello everyone. How have you been??

Welcome back! Glad to see that you have improved! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread