Not open for further replies.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Howdy vapers,

After wasting a few brand new Smoktech 1.5ohm tank cartos trying to get the dang thing to work, I think I now understand why I was seeing an almost immediate flood condition (yeah, lame I know). My theory is that it has to do with the amount of free space available in the tiny 3.5ml tube to produce the proper evened out vacuum necessary to allow correct operation. After seeing the super tiny pre-punched hole, I tried to open it up, slot it, whatever I thought would work the best with my favorite juice which was heavier on the VG side. I even ran the stock punched hole once, but only filled the tank half way. Glub glub glub. I was nearing wit's end with it. Almost ready to crush it with a hammer, I tried one last thing which I hadn't tried before. I filled it to capacity with my favorite juice without altering the small feeder hole. Low and behold, it started working as designed. No alterations what-so-ever, but just filled it to the brim this last time, and without going past the top cap sealing area.

Now it works as designed on my eGo 1000mAh passthrough device. Hey hey! Hope this helps others trying to figure out the right 'chemistry' with the Smoktech DCT 3.5ml tank and 'matched' cartomizer. Don't hold back with filling it up to the limit, that appears to be the key. This inexpensive DCT combo really works quite well when functioning properly.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Most flooding is caused by positive pressure inside the tank. Most common cause is taking the end cap off to fill. When you put the end cap back in the air can't escape. If you just push the carto down so that you can put juice into the tank beside the carto you won't cause that pressure.

DCC's are known to be a little leaky, IMO it's caused by trying to suck the battery up through the carto. A nice easy draw is your best friend.

Last edited:

Flyer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 13, 2012
    Illinois
    Most flooding is caused by positive pressure inside the tank. Most common cause is taking the end cap off to fill. When you put the end cap back in the air can't escape. If you just push the carto down so that you can put juice into the tank beside the carto you won't cause that pressure.

I definitely think you are right about this. for filling convenience, I was taking the top cap off. After reading replies from other, I now leave it on.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2012
    Mesa
    Actually, I believe the issue can be too much pressure in the tank, and not enough pressure in the tank. When I try to fill the tank without pulling the wick hole down past the tank seals it will flood extensively too. I also have a 6ml tank which I have proven this theory. The 6ml tank with a larger wick hole in the carto acts the same way without enough juice.

My 6ml tank is a lot less susceptible to the flooding for some reason.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    I agree. Whenever I filled my tank I always placed my finger or thumb over the open end of the tank while pushing tank down over carto. The pressure seal in the carto allowed NO juice to be forced from tank into carto and never had flooding. Pressure plays a huge part in the proper operation of tanks IMO. Either that or use a tank with a side screw/ filler hole.

DCC's are known to be a little leaky, IMO it's caused by trying to suck the battery up through the carto. A nice easy draw is your best friend.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2012
    Mesa
    Seriously, with this small tank, it's a hit or miss thing with filling it without flooding the carto. I always use the process of sliding the carto down so the wick hole is below the lower cap seal. The only difference I have found is that if you fill the whole tank before pushing the carto back into the tank it will work as designed. Appreciate the comments though, just voicing what worked for me.

Vape on y'all.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Although using clearos now the best tank I've found that avoids the pressure issue is Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop Doesn't look so great but easy non messy filling cuz of the side screw. Have many friends that love it compared to other tanks.

Happy Vaping.

Seriously, with this small tank, it's a hit or miss thing with filling it without flooding the carto. I always use the process of sliding the carto down so the wick hole is below the lower cap seal. The only difference I have found is that if you fill the whole tank before pushing the carto back into the tank it will work as designed. Appreciate the comments though, just voicing what worked for me.

Vape on y'all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread