Smoktech Dual Coil Carto 3ml Tank only working on one of my eGo Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbVisions

Feb 22, 2012
Canada
Hey, quick question I have just recieved my Smoktech DCCT today, and it works....alright I suppose. Draw is extremely tight, and it leaks like a ..... Other than that though, it is working on ONE of my eGO batteries. The other, it screws on tight...but it is not sending any power to the tank. This is the only attachment that doesn't work on only ONE of my batteries. Can someone shed any light? Please and thank you!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Dual coils often have a tighter draw compared to other cartos. Which is one of the reasons that I hate them in general. The leaking is due to the hole that was punched. More then likely they overdid it and the air flow tube was punctured. Allowing juice to enter and coming out of the connection. Another reason can be that the o-ring is damaged allowing juice to come out of the bottom.

As for your other problem. It is most likely the connection pin is too recessed to make contact with the battery. Most people use a paperclip to pull the center pin out a bit. Personally, I use a small flat head to unscrew it a bit. Be careful with bringing out the center pin. Too much and that can short out your ego or mod.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
From an experience I had with mine last night, I can almost guarantee that the over-tight draw you're describing is causing extra juice to come in the hole from the tank, moving up the carto and spilling down the center tube. I've done it too many times to count. Try backing it off 1/4 turn and see if the draw gets better after getting rid of the excess juice (no, there really isn't any good way to do this, lol).

From what I've read, most flooding problems are due to pressure rather than hole size. If you're creating a vacuum (tight draw), more liquid is going to enter the carto than should, even if the hole is very small. A little bit of vacuum on draw is a good thing, keeps the carto moist, but too much will definitely flood it.

Also, when filling, make sure you're letting all air escape from the tank before sliding the carto through the gaskets...if there's pressure on the tank end it will flood as well. If the tank is functioning properly the only time juice will really be transferred into the carto will be on draw.

And I guess another edit is in order. I did this video, shameless plug:

Anyway, I did this video right before going to bed. In the morning, ALL of the remaining liquid in the tank had drained out onto the paper towel I set up on my desk. I had overfilled the tank, and didn't allow enough time to let the liquid soak up into the carto before I sealed it. After sealing it, it just kept draining at it's initial rate because it was creating its own vacuum as it flooded the center hole in the carto and flowed down. Just be gentle with it and patient...I was in a hurry and lost a decent chunk of juice because I wasn't careful with it. Vaping definitely has a lot of conveniences in comparison to smoking...but man, I never lost a pack of smokes because it leaked all over the place. I'm putting this down to new things requiring practice.

OH, and I just picked up some Smoktech 1.7ohm Single Coil XL cartos, and definitely prefer them to the 1.5 DC. Slotting them myself so I don't have the convenience of the little bib that keeps the tank from sliding off the bottom, but I can adjust hole size for some thicker juices. My DC carto stopped firing "sometimes" on my KGO about a week after I started using it, sometimes cleaning the threads would help it, sometimes not. It died altogether on me yesterday. For a 3.7v device, I'd say stay away from the dual coils...they just haven't worked well for me. When my ProVari comes in, who knows what my opinion will be.

Last edited:

HerbVisions

Feb 22, 2012
Canada
Hah, that's great. Thanks so much for all the input :). What you are saying about the vacuum makes a lot of sense, I was thinking something along the same lines myself at one point. I am a pretty simple dude though and this is just too much work for too little outcome. Ya know? So I have switched back to my standard EGO tank set-up and am vaping happily. I also have a Provari in the mail on the way to me, maybe Ill try out one of those SS Lil mama tanks I think they are called? quite expensive but have heard great things! And as the dual coil as well, I think unless your very particular on the warmer vape, is not necessary. Though I am very open to suggestions for VV with them, I don't know too much about that world. I've got some boge 3.0's coming at the same time as my Provari. I hear they are quite deliciously......functionable. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread