SmokTech Dual-Coil Cartos: First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
I ordered 4 of these from GotVapes and received them after a few days (with slow shipping!).

I opted for the 510 threads, seeing as they were out of stock of the 808d/901 threaded cartos. In fact, their inventory was rather depleted across the board.

Anyway, I stumbled upon these cartos, and thought "well, my Cisco 1.5 ohm 901 is dead, and I want a potent hit without loss of flavor". That's usually not easy to do without some sort of modification, so I was apprehensive about these cartos, hence the reason I only bought 4.

I tore open my package, pulled the soft rubber tip, and dripped in something like 2ml or so of FSUSA's Dark Vapur. This is a strong juice to begin with, and has a great flavor at 5v w/ 2 ohms, so I know this flavor can handle the heat. I used my 901 to 510 adapter, put it on my 5v mod (with 2 high-drain batts), and let it rip.

Oh my, what an impressive hit! No burning like so many cartos I've tried, no loss in flavor, and the throat hit? It was too much for me. I almost coughed out the biggest lung-full of thick vapor I've ever had. On 5v, it doesn't burn, it doesn't ruin the flavor, but it's a very potent hit.

I used the same adapter and put it on my [only remaining] Riva battery, and pulled the trigger. Again, holy cow, vapor galore and the flavor is amazing. It takes a bit of "revving up" to hit its potential (a primer puff or two does this carto a lot of good) while on the Riva, but it's still a solid performer at 3.5v or whatever the Riva runs at.

Last edited:

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Hmmm...I got some 1.5ohm from COV, put in my favorite 5V flavor (The Vanillaz! from Digitalciggz) and popped it on my GLV2. I have to say I was not impressed with the flavor. Seemed muted to me, as compared to the same juice in a V4L coolcart, but than again, I only tried one dual so far. I do agree that these perform very well at high voltage, in that they do not burn. I'll have to try another, maybe stronger, flavor to see if the "muting" is constant. I haven't seen these available in 808 threads, either, yet.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I have found that creamy flavors do better at lower voltages -- the higher the heat, the less the subtle flavors like vanilla and creams are noticeable (become lost or muted).

I am really enjoying these types of flavors on my DCs 1.5ohms at 3.5-3.7. Coffees,some caramels and fruit flavors really seem to pop at 3.9 or even higher.

Excellent carto. I am waiting on an 808 version, myself.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
I have 2 packs waiting for me at home. One from MadVapes and one from Avid (X2's - still don't know if there's a difference). Can't wait to try them. I even tried to time the dying of my current Boge LR with this shipment's arrival. Alas, I had to chuck that one on Monday - it was starting to give me the skeevies *shudders*.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Yeah. And I don't understand the reason for those warnings. It delivers a 1.6 ohm vape, but each coil is 3.2 ohms: 1 amp current on a 3.2V eGo. As pbusardo demonstrates at the 14:30 minute mark in his video review, these are stressed much less than a 2.0 ohm Boge LR.

Or is it that the eGo's mosfet is double stressed by the two coils? 1 amp + 1 amp = 2 amps current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread