Smoktech dual coils not feeding juice from my DCT tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'm having an issue with my Smoktech DCT cartos not sucking up juice from the tank. One feeds the juice perfectly, the others I've used don't seem to at all. The cartos end up drying up on the top and don't suck up the juice in the tank.

The other tank I have set up always stays wet on the top of the carto and sucks up juice great.

I always make sure when I lay down the tank when I'm not using it that the juice is near the hole in the carto so it can suck up juice, but it doesn't. I'm still really new with tanks and was just wondering if anyone could help me out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or I could poke around inside the hole with a sewing needle? I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, and all juices I'm using are between 70PG/30VG - 60PG/40VG, so the juices are quite thin.

Link

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
SmokeFreeville usa
i have had this problem recently. solved it by punching a second hole with a nail and a hammer. now it works perfect.
that being said. its only 1 or 2 of my juices that cause the slow-wicking, i think because some juices are thicker than others.

so if the juice youre using seems thicker than others, just pop a hole in carto before you load it up. my thinner juices, i havent had the need to help the juice flow.

*punching a hole make the carto a little difficult to slide into tank...just push it, it'll go.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
It's actually the same juice in two different tanks (BWB Casablanca). One feeds fine, but the other always dries out at the top. I recently put KPB from Vermillion in one of the tanks which isn't thick and has the same issue. I think I'll try punching a second hole and see if that helps. If not, maybe I'll try the triple hole cartos.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I'm having the same problem but it was mentioned to me that maybe I have a faulty carto. That could definitely be the case considering the brand of carto I am using.

I have 4 holes punched in the carto. The draw is loose when I take dry hits. For some reason the juice doesn't want to go in the holes. Hopefully the new cartos I have coming don't have the same issue. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread