SmokTech Winder VV 1300 mAhs: Less "umph" as you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I'm using 2 SmokTech Winder VV 1300 mah batteries and a Kanger VV 1000 mah battery with T3S and Aerotank clearomizers. Love the setup which generally work well. Lately however, the Smoktechs seem to loose some umph (especially with the dual coil Aerotank) about half way through its charge. It's like it just doesn't have as much "fire" as it does when it first comes off the charger. It's happening with both smok batteries which are about 3 months old. This doesn't happen with the Kanger battery even though it is less mah and older.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm also thinking about trying out the Vision Spinner II as a replacement. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Rich

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm using 2 SmokTech Winder VV 1300 mah batteries and a Kanger VV 1000 mah battery with T3S and Aerotank clearomizers. Love the setup which generally work well. Lately however, the Smoktechs seem to loose some umph (especially with the dual coil Aerotank) about half way through its charge. It's like it just doesn't have as much "fire" as it does when it first comes off the charger. It's happening with both Smok batteries which are about 3 months old. This doesn't happen with the Kanger battery even though it is less mah and older.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm also thinking about trying out the Vision Spinner II as a replacement. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Rich

Hard to say. The T3S single coils aren't going to run the batt down as fast as dual coils which use up batts and eliquid :)

If you can find batts that have a 'constant mode' like the Joye eGo-c upgrades, where the batt doesn't go through the same voltage curve as a regular 3.7v batt, you'll get longer times from your mAh. You have to find the right coil for 3.4V though - usually 1.8ohm works well with most except really light flavors. In constant mode, you don't get the drop off that you experience in non-regulated batts.

For the VS2 have a look here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tery-life-performance-vision-spinner-2-a.html

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Hard to say. The T3S single coils aren't going to run the batt down as fast as dual coils which use up batts and eliquid :)

If you can find batts that have a 'constant mode' like the Joye eGo-c upgrades, where the batt doesn't go through the same voltage curve as a regular 3.7v batt, you'll get longer times from your mAh. You have to find the right coil for 3.4V though - usually 1.8ohm works well with most except really light flavors. In constant mode, you don't get the drop off that you experience in non-regulated batts.

For the VS2 have a look here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tery-life-performance-vision-spinner-2-a.html

Thanks Kent.
So, are you saying that the Smok batteries may not be 'constant' while the Kanger is? I thought all the newer ego type batts automatically adjusted for the 'voltage curve' and were made to discharge evenly over the life of the charge. Then again, I don't know much about this stuff anyway.

BTW, my single coils are generally 2.2 or 2.5 ohms which I run at 4.0 to 4.2 volts. The dual coils are 1.5 ohm, I think, which I run at 3.6 to 3.8 volts.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks Kent.
So, are you saying that the Smok batteries may not be 'constant' while the Kanger is? I thought all the newer ego type batts automatically adjusted for the 'voltage curve' and were made to discharge evenly over the life of the charge. Then again, I don't know much about this stuff anyway.

BTW, my single coils are generally 2.2 or 2.5 ohms which I run at 4.0 to 4.2 volts. The dual coils are 1.5 ohm, I think, which I run at 3.6 to 3.8 volts.

I was talking about the non-vv eGos, so you're probably right - that the voltage dialed in is constant until near out of charge. I know from other reports around here, the mAh's aren't always that accurate but much depends on how one vapes too. I get about 6 hours from my 650's and around 8 1/2 hours from a 900mAh batt with the 1.8 and 2.2 ohm coils. The higher mAh's are more but I don't think they 'track' as well just from what people have reported - like with the link provided on the VS2.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Ozzy:
Thanks for the info on the Vision Spinner II. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one and see how it goes. I have been using the 1300 mah Smok Winders since I "re-quit" analogs last December and had no complaints until recently. Maybe I just need to switch it up. I also agree you can't beat the T3S's for reliability and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread