SMT's Caffè Latte and Cookies

FA Cappuccino 0.5%
CAP Vanilla Milk Froth 1.5%
FA Milk 1%
SSA Whipped Cream 0.6%
FA Oatmeal Cookie 2.5%
FA Vanilla Cookie 0.5%
WF Crumble Topping 0.5%

Suggested steep time = 4 weeks. Creams and bakery dictate a longer steep. YMMV. Off the mix it is tasty but it's much better with a good steep.

For this recipe I wanted a subtle coffee note yet one that was easily identifiable, and experienced, in the mix. What to do? Simple. Make a latte with its luxurious creaminess. I also wanted a delectable cookie note with my latte.

Balancing the latte and cookie so both profiles were easily distinguishable took some time.

FA Cappuccino was the perfect choice for the coffee note in the latte. It's a mild coffee with some creaminess. Mixing with DIY coffee flavors can be a challenge. Using too much of any coffee flavor can (will) easily overpower other flavors in a mix. At 0.5% FA Cappuccino delivers a tamed coffee note yet one that is experienced in the mix.

Lattes are originally from Italy. A proper latte has a silky smooth creaminess (foam) that helps to tame an otherwise bitter espresso. FWIW, an experienced barista is able to craft a wide variety of tasty lattes.

For my latte I used CAP Vanilla Milk Froth, FA Milk and SSA Whipped Cream to create a velvety foam texture. They tone down FA Cappuccino's coffee note without drowning out its excellent coffee flavor. The vanilla milk froth, milk and whipped cream combination add a very nice mouthfeel.

FA Oatmeal Cookie, FA Vanilla Cookie and WF Crumble Topping make a fine tasting cookie base.

I made the latte and cookie recipes on their own. Tweaked each to my liking and then did a combined mix. Further tweaking was needed to balance the latte with the cookie.

When vaping this recipe the latte, and its velvety smooth creaminess, is experienced up front. That's followed by a rich tasting cookie on the backside.

I also mixed this recipe with 1.5% VTA Dark Chocolate. Adding a chocolate turns the recipe into a mocha. The addition of VTA DC created a very nice tasting mocha.

Once again, this is two different recipes (or bases). One could mix the latte and enjoy a good coffee vape. Or mix the cookie and have a rich tasting cookie vape. Each could be used as a blank canvas for adding other flavors. Easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread