Snails - Response on Threads Part 8

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
never judge some old bald guy (HE/HIM) playin' w/HIS nuts, as an old bald guy... cuz, well... HE could be a steroids taking body builder with a full head of hair (a flag AND very dated socks from the 80s :lol:)... but i know full well @Uncle could have [would have] posted a shirtless HIM in a thong (or less, but with a much more colorful flag) :greengrin:

I would never ever do such a thing. . . . NOPE - NOT HAPPENING - NA DA . . . Not @SilverBear all . . . Maybe a 'friend', but not "Him" . . . Just Sayin ' . . . :rolleyes:

BTW: NO SIN BIN FOR "ME" - BEEN THERE , DONE THAT . . . :img:

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Me not knowing who Tom Of Finland is decided to look him up.

"Touko Valio Laaksonen, best known by his pseudonym Tom of Finland, was a Finnish artist known for his stylized highly masculinized homoerotic art, and for his influence on late 20th-century gay culture."

As I alluded to in my last post... I strongly believe in and fully support acceptance of all people (as it should be). As a straight man, I am for full equality for the LGBTQ community. I also fight for the rights of women to control their own bodies (as it should be). FWIW, my youngest daughter is gay and very happily married. :wub:

Not illustrations, as Bear asked for, but I reckon these will do...

View attachment 981931 View attachment 981932
That is so far and away from Tom Of Finland I can
hardly stand it. No... you need to go to his library
of illustrations. But be careful of what you may
copy and paste here.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I'm pretty certain all here might agree that there are a fair number out there these days, certified or not, doing lousy repair work and getting paid for it.

Not long ago I had a highly recommended contractor do some work on my garage. I checked out some of their work in the city. All looked good. The work they did on my garage was shoddy. Small claims court awarded in my favor, but as I knew all along, good luck collecting. Eventually I found another contractor who repaired what the first should have.

I miss the contractors and repair folks many of us had excellent experiences some however many years back. Those folks took great pride in doing a job correctly and then some.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
good for you, bear! but i still can't figure out how that guy expects to get paid without your signature documenting he was actually there repairing :?:
unless they take a video now?
I have zero clue, @tiburonfirst

He was working...
I had to take a whizz...
He was no longer in the house

That's all I can tell you.

I also have the part he removed, so it
cannot be presented as proof.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
I'm pretty certain all here might agree that there are a fair number out there these days, certified or not, doing lousy repair work and getting paid for it.
OK...

COMPLETELY IGNORING all the health ramifications
and deaths and ongoing illnesses :rolleyes:DUE TO THE
PANDEMIC:rolleyes:... leave all that out...

... the OTHER disaster left behind is what has
happened to the consumer experience and customer
service.

Companies, stores, and restaurants found out exactly
how far they can push US with regard to what we get
for our money. I really do believe THAT damage will live
long beyond masks, hand sanitizer and distancing.

The virus may still be around, but so will crappy
service. I do not even have to leave my home to get it.

To be frank, that polyanna attitude of "going with the
flow" further exacerbates the problem. It does NOT
help whatsoever. It infuriates me that people can
simply accept it without question.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
What ? Excuse "Me" . . . NO LUSTFULL THOUGHTS HERE . . . :facepalm:

I wasn't insinuating anyone was thinking lustful thoughts. Saw that guy in jeans and thought, oh okay. When I saw those I didn't think sex. Just looked like a dude in jeans to me modelling clothes on a motorcycle. I thought they were fairly innocent pics.

To me, those photos are no different than this gal modelling short shorts, work boots and sunglasses.
women_motorcycle_underboob_sideboob-301156.jpg

Tibs posts riskier, but tasteful, photos in the Evolving thread.

I best shut-up now... flow SMT... flow...
<remember, what would Dale, Fran, Katya and Tibs do>
FLOW :lol:

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
To be frank, that polyanna attitude of "going with the
flow" further exacerbates the problem. It does NOT
help whatsoever. It infuriates me that people can
simply accept it without question.
And I'm not saying or promoting that at all.

"Going with the flow" for me, only, means my personal Flow in Life and flowing with it. My personal equilibrium in Life. Which has nothing to do with work we hire people to do or poor levels of service. Two different and unrelated things altogether.

And it does not mean "flow with whatever crappy work people do and accept that".
No. We need to hold those we hire accountable.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
I miss the contractors and repair folks many of us had excellent experiences some however many years back. Those folks took great pride in doing a job correctly and then some.
I have not even TOUCHED on what's going on with the
tree service guy. But, I will. I have another call to make.

<muzak playing> We'll be with you shortly. We are
experiencing a higher than normal call volume.

(Get it, yet?) (Just guess.) (Brace yourself.)

Refer to the avatar.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Here's my take...

People have been conditioned to "accept" substandard "everything".

I get it... I, like all of us, have to "experience" waiting on the phone listening to some crappy music for a human being to pickup. When one picks up I can't complain about the wait time or they get "offended" and hang up. Been there, done that.

So... I sit on hold, and hold some more, after 20-30 minutes I get "accidentally" disconnected by some "glitch" in technology and then have to start all over again. I won't let myself get upset about it for the simple reason that I have zero power to change how a company chooses to do business.

My getting upset ultimately serves me no purpose. A lesson that took me some time to learn and put in practice. Do I still get upset, sure, I'm human. But I am getting better, all the time, at catching myself... and then laughing at myself for drifting from my point of Balance... and then ultimately reengaging my Balance, my Center.

For my own well being, I refuse to get upset with the way things "are". I don't know how to change the multitude of substandard things we experience daily. My suggestions over the years have fallen on deaf ears. I still make suggestions, though.

Companies will only change when they're hit hard, $$$. Money is the only thing they worship and understand. It's their main Focus.

Sure, I can get upset with much in our world. At this point in my life it isn't worth depleting my energy for the things, or people, I cannot change.

And that's not the same as saying "accept and go with the flow". One has to do with my well being, which happens to be one thing I do have control over. The other, lousy and substandard service, looks like it's here to stay and from all appearances looks like it has been accepted by great numbers as the "norm". That's not to say we shouldn't hold companies, service people and governments accountable, we must.

ETA: Sorry, that got longer than I initially intended. :greengrin:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Make the move go small!
    For example only!

That means a tiny house, e-bike or walking shoes that will get you from point A to point B. Eat less and you'll spend less. Forget about that fancy new machine that breaks down once out of warranty that we don't need and buy something more practical. :greengrin:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Here's my take...

People have been conditioned to "accept" substandard "everything".

I get it... I, like all of us, have to "experience" waiting on the phone listening to some crappy music for a human being to pickup. When one picks up I can't complain about the wait time or they get "offended" and hang up. Been there, done that.

So... I sit on hold, and hold some more, after 20-30 minutes I get "accidentally" disconnected by some "glitch" in technology and then have to start all over again. I won't let myself get upset about it for the simple reason that I have zero power to change how a company chooses to do business.

My getting upset ultimately serves me no purpose. A lesson that took me some time to learn and put in practice. Do I still get upset, sure, I'm human. But I am getting better, all the time, at catching myself... and then laughing at myself for drifting from my point of Balance... and then ultimately reengaging my Balance, my Center.

For my own well being, I refuse to get upset with the way things "are". I don't know how to change the multitude of substandard things we experience daily. My suggestions over the years have fallen on deaf ears. I still make suggestions, though.

Companies will only change when they're hit hard, $$$. Money is the only thing they worship and understand. It's their main Focus.

Sure, I can get upset with much in our world. At this point in my life it isn't worth depleting my energy for the things, or people, I cannot change.

And that's not the same as saying "accept and go with the flow". One has to do with my well being, which happens to be one thing I do have control over. The other, lousy and substandard service, looks like it's here to stay and from all appearances looks like it has been accepted by great numbers as the "norm". That's not to say we shouldn't hold companies, service people and governments accountable, we must.

ETA: Sorry, that got longer than I initially intended. :greengrin:
    30 minutes on hold?? You have more patience than me.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    [...] a tiny house, e-bike or walking shoes that will get you from point A to point B.
    Does that Tiny House have solar panels for powering all the essentials and charging things like that eBike and vape batteries? :greengrin:

Users who are viewing this thread