Snarf joins the Army, cowers in the corner, needs 100% VG vaping help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Hello Army! I was very happy to receive my first HHV order 2 days ago. From placing an order to my mailbox in Texas in just 5 'working' days, not bad at all. I ordered 30ml of Legend(24mg) and 30ml of Oompa(18mg), both in 100% VG. I recently realized my health issues (horrendous eczema)were possibly due to a PG allergy 2 weeks after getting enough DIY PG base nic and flavors for a couple of years. I also have 200ml of various flavored juices that are all 50/50 mix and unusable for me. Doh! I was vaping unflavored for about a week while waiting for the HHV order, so I haven't been able to let it steep properly yet. I liked Oompa as soon as I got it loaded up, but I think Legend might take more time as I find it just OK so far. Both bottles have been in a dark place breathing with the lids and droppers off for 36 hours now, getting a good shaking every few hours.

The Legend is too fruity or perfumey for me on day one, probably the alcohol(?). I have always been pretty flavor sensitive, even more now that I haven't smoked in months. 24mg was probably much more nicotine than I needed, so I cut a little of it down. I put 3ml of it in an empty bottle with 3ml of straight VG, shook it a long time, warm bath, shook it again, you know the routine. This tastes better to me, the uncut needs more steeping before I can make a better judgement on it. If I had anything else safe to vape, I would let this stuff steep for weeks, but I don't have the luxury.

As I said, I like the Oompa just fine before it had any steeping other than the 2 days in the mail. I can't imagine how much I'll like it in a week or two, if there is any of it left! Good stuff! I would appreciate any advice on 100% VG flavors to try on my next order (no tank crackers), as well as help on my real issue...

I don't seem to have the right equipment to vape 100% VG, I never needed it before now. I know I could add a little water, but I don't want to kill the flavor! It's wicking acceptably in a Kanger T2, 2.2ohms at 4ish volts on an Ego VV passthrough. I usually prefer cartos and cartotanks, but I can't get this 100% VG to wick properly in a Boge carto. I can fill it, eventually, but barely get one drag and it's going dry. I have a cartotank and 2 hole, pre-punched carts, but those little 1mm holes are too small for 100% VG. After wasting a perfectly good cartomizer on a botched attempt to put a bigger hole in it, I ordered a Line Tap Valve which should be here within the week. I do have plans to get a Drunker tank, maybe an Octopus RBA, and a mod of some kind, but the universe decided to break my fridge, cloths dryer, hard drive, and put the car in the shop for a few grand. I am way over my vaping budget right now, but any advice for the future would be greatly appreciated as I am playing the VG only game from now on.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Schnarph, welcome to the ECF subforum. There is a lot of information here on HHV juices, so spend some time reading the threads and you'll find recommendations on juices and which ones require the least steeping.

Legend is one that needs a lot of steeping. If you like it ok now, you'll love it after it steeps for a month (or even 2 weeks).

My best recommendation for a Purity line juice that can be vaped quickly is Dragon's Fire. It needs a few days of steeping and is better after a couple of weeks, but it's pretty darned good right out of the mailbox. Dragon's Fire is probably the favorite of more people on this subforum than any other HHV juice.

Oh, and instead of cutting your Legend with VG, I'd suggest ordering a bottle of 9mg or 12mg Legend on your next order so you can cut that 24mg down to 15mg or 18mg by mixing half and half.

Last edited:

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Oh, on the wicking issue for 100% VG. The only 100% VG juice I vape is Boba's Bounty. It wicks just fine in my Vivi Nova tanks. If you don't have a Vivi Nova, you might want to try a couple of them. I love them. Affordable, rebuildable, no leaks and they work. What's not to like.

If you buy one, just be sure it is a genuine Vision brand Vivi Nova. There are lots of copycats out there, and most of the complaints I hear about Vivi Novas are coming from people who got duped or intentionally bought a knockoff in order to save a couple of bucks.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
There are quite a few here that vape 100% VG. Hopefully they might be able to help with wicking issues in your carto's. Shadow is another that is good right after the cap off time. It will get better as most of them do.

Like Pappy said, vision Vivi Nova's work great with Heather's 100% VG.

Welcome to the Army :)

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Thanks guys! I'm not really so impatient that I need a liquid that is good on day one, I just went without anything for a few days and had to get into my first HHV experience in a hurry. Legend won't be on my next order, but if it's good in a month I might get more later. I know it's weird, but I cut just a few ml of it with straight VG both to reduce the nicotine and the flavor. I have found more than half the flavors I have tried so far to be too strong for me. That's where I'm coming from.
In regards to the Vision Vivi Nova, I know that the Kanger T2 is not nearly as popular, but it is working. Those mop heads that HHV has on sale now look promising, but I don't really want another top coil clearomizer unless it's an RBA that I can stuff with a bunch of fat wicks or SS mesh. I see a BCC in my future, as I'm into the cooler vape from cartotanks over the heat from a top-coil system. I hope to find a cure for these Boge cartos since I have quite a few waiting for juice, tank or no tank. I find that nothing is safer than a cartomizer for travel, so if Smok Tech or some other brand wicks better I will try that. Again, thanks for the advice!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hi Schnarph I use Kanger T2's, eGo Twist and the 100% purity VG HHV juices and find it works great for me. I do however use a very cool vape for these, - 3.7 or 3.4 and even 3.2 occasionally on a 2.4 ohm. Welcome to the army and I sure hope things get better for you on the home front, that's a miserable lot of breakdowns.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Hi Schnarph I use Kanger T2's, eGo Twist and the 100% purity VG HHV juices and find it works great for me. I do however use a very cool vape for these, - 3.7 or 3.4 and even 3.2 occasionally on a 2.4 ohm. Welcome to the army and I sure hope things get better for you on the home front, that's a miserable lot of breakdowns.

Aloha fellow T2 user! Sometimes I use 2.5 ohm heads in the Kanger T2 on an Ego-T 2 upgrade passthrough (unregulated 4.15v), sometimes 2.2 ohm at 3.3v, depends on the juice and my mood. T2's on a T-2, tee-too tee-too, sounds like Swahili. Have you tried swapping the flavor wick out for something longer or a different material? I've been considering trying some 1mm cotton or just longer silica so I don't have to tip it quite so often when it's getting empty. Still hoping some bigger holes in a Boge cart will let the VG in from the tank, I miss using those!

Last edited:

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Update: The bullet piercing valve came in today, I can now make perfect 2mm(?) holes in a carto, and the cartotank is up and running! No more problems with 100%VG! I'll try a Vision Vivi Nova sometime soon, but first I need a few more bottles of HHV juice to put in it! All I have tried so far is Legend and Oompa, next up is DF, Huntsman, and Heavenly Army.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
How about the Octopus? Really easy to rebuild and my vape is 100% vg - it works! Get Ekowool wicks and you'll be happy - I know I am! :)

Great to hear, it's dirt cheap and I'm a sucker for something with a good name. I have watched a few videos on rebuilding them and they look like they are easy to deal with. I have nimble fingers and great eyesight, which should help with any RBA.

That Ekowool is a bit too hard to find. I was hoping to try some cotton before a better quality silica, but thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread