(Snarky) How I resolved my Protank II flooding/gurgling issues ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
... I went back to my beloved PT I's.

After weeks of "drinking" or absorbing more ejuice through my skin, rather than vaping it, I was desperate this morning. I searched for all PT II solutions here, and also watched every YT video on the subject, but still no longterm improvement.

After placing a new Aspire tank order today, I went rummaging through the old stockpile for other options. I was really just looking for some drip atomizers to keep me going, but stumbled on some old PT I's and remembered how much I loved them. Cleaned one out, put in a new coil, and I have been gloriously vaping without a problem all day. No flooding, no gurgling, no leaking.

I cannot prove it, but I believe the lack of airtight connections between the glass tank and the top and bottom fittings contribute greatly to the everchanging neg/pos air pressure in the tank. I can blow juice out of the PT II tank and still need to clean a slight amount of juice from the outside PT II body. (Just a greasy feeling.)

Anyway, don't let my membership date influence you because I am still a hardware novice. Just wanted to throw this out there for the other disgruntled PT II members to let them know that they are not alone.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Take your working Base/coil head from the PT1
Install in the PT2
Vape

If it starts leaking, you have a Seal issue. Possibly deformed or damaged o-ring. Even heard of people not realizing they lost one.
BBC Tanks work on Vacuum - Must Maintain a true Seal with only exit through Wick to function properly.

Other possibilities could include deformed Tank glass, bent/damaged center pipe, Tank not tightened properly.(kayfuns are good for this one)

Logic says a tank is an inanimate part of the Atomizing device - a storage container
Crack in Base to top section

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
@crxess - I actually removed the base/coil head from my malfunctioning PT2 this morning, blew it out, and it is what I have been using successfully all day on my PT1. I am out of stock on PT coil heads at the time, but luckily have saved many that I blamed for bad performance on the PT2.

Good deal. Sounds like you should break down the PT2 and start looking for something out of spec.
Definitely indications of an air leak. Might turn out to be a simple fix.
Air in = liquid out

Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread