The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Snow tonight?

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by Mary Kay, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    I can't believe they said we may get snow flurries tonight and talked about WIND CHILL! Good grief..Where are those long johns8-o

2. Cielo

Cielo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Florida
    brrrr its cold out there! My sanuk's dont keep my toes very warm :(

3. Kattdaddy

Kattdaddy Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Strange weather we are having... It has turned off cold for the past month or so... and I thought I lived in Florida... Might have to move to Aruba if this keeps up...LOL

4. Shining Wit

Shining Wit Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2008
    North of England UK
    You are sooooo spoilt Mary Kay!!;)
    We haven't seen our road since before Christmas, up to 3 feet of snow locally, recent overnight temperatures of MINUS 15C and a wind chill factor that would freeze the nutz off a brass monkey!!!!8-o
    There's a village not too far from us called Cowark which has been cut off for three weeks, farmers have had to ferry food etc using quad bikes. See their story here, 'The Forgotten Village'.

Day 1, Poppy builds a Snowman:)

[​IMG]

Our Road 7am....shaking with the cold!!!

[​IMG]

Suzuki Power has kept us going when so many simply gave up! :D

[​IMG]

The beast unveiled!

[​IMG]

At the end of our road (a cul-de-sac) is one of the steepest and longest hills around but Suzi just ate it up!

[​IMG]

Suzanne and me heading back to work from the butty shop and the view at
    the bottom of Intellicig Street showing the snow-covered trees against the viaduct.

[​IMG]

5. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    I lived in Wyoming..so snow is no stranger! But I have to say..if I never see that mess again, I will be happy!
    Today My husband and I drove 100 miles down to Tampa and ran into some sleet..of course it just melted as it hit the road, but still...
    Spoiled, YOU BET!:) I may have to move..souther..

6. MissVapor

MissVapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2009
    Vapin Hot Florida
    So Tampa has its coldest night last night I think...I woke up this morning and there were ice cycles on my lawn chairs! i wish I could've seen snow, that would've been cool for my kids anyways..

7. Cherice

Cherice Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2009
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Per the weather report, tonight is supposed to be even colder than last night for us!!

8. MissVapor

Apr 25, 2009
    Vapin Hot Florida
    oh really? hmm better get some more duralogs at the store today..OH and our power went out last night for almost an hour! There were 1500 homes in my area who lost power but thankgoodness it came back on!

9. Bubo

Bubo Super Member ECF Veteran

I've found that it's hard to start fires now that I don't carry lighters... :-(

I was hoping for that dusting of s now in Brandon - my son would have loved it... Too bad it was in Lakeland... But I read in the paper that it didn't even hit the ground.....

10. Flowersoul

Flowersoul Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2009
    NE Florida
    Shining Wit....just looking at those pics sent shivers up my spine.

Being reminded of the extreme cold very acutely this past week or so made me realize how much I haven't missed it.

Looks like tonight, we'll be down to 28o here in Palm Coast, and 33o tomorrow night. By Wednesday, it looks like we may have a reprieve......

11. Wench

Wench Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Pensacola, Fl.
    We have a pond out back of our house and a windmill.
    The pond was frozen and icicles were hanging off the blades of the windmill , geez.
    We've been having to run our pool pump to keep the pool from freezing and busting pipes.
    Omg make the cold stop, I can't stand it lol

12. Bubo

Bubo Super Member ECF Veteran

:-( My water conditioner pipes froze solid outside this morning... No shower!
    Gonna leave a couple faucets dripping tonight!

13. Flowersoul

Flowersoul Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2009
    NE Florida
    We have a small fish pond on our lanai, and because we kept the pump running 24/7, my fishies are OK.......I had a hard time believing it even though I knew why.
    I'm already hunting on my garden site where to find replacements for my hybrid plants, cause even though most plants come back after a freeze, this freeze attack has been too long.

Gracie

14. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    This was my backyard at 7am this morning..last day of winter tonight...right?

Frost:
    [​IMG]

15. MissVapor

Apr 25, 2009
    Vapin Hot Florida
    Hey Mary Kay..thats pretty much what my backyard looks like too

16. Mary Kay

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    That Orange tree is full of oranges! I hope they are ok to juice..they will now be too pulpy to eat. Ratz!

17. seminolewind

seminolewind Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Corydon Indiana
    I get out of work at 7 am last week, and have to scrape my windows and thaw them out for 20 minutes to drive 1 mile home!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.