• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Snow tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
I can't believe they said we may get snow flurries tonight and talked about WIND CHILL! Good grief..Where are those long johns8-o

You are sooooo spoilt Mary Kay!!;)
We haven't seen our road since before Christmas, up to 3 feet of snow locally, recent overnight temperatures of MINUS 15C and a wind chill factor that would freeze the nutz off a brass monkey!!!!8-o
There's a village not too far from us called Cowark which has been cut off for three weeks, farmers have had to ferry food etc using quad bikes. See their story here, 'The Forgotten Village'.

Day 1, Poppy builds a Snowman:)

snow01.jpg

Our Road 7am....shaking with the cold!!!

snow02.jpg

Suzuki Power has kept us going when so many simply gave up! :D

snow03.jpg

The beast unveiled!

snow04.jpg

At the end of our road (a cul-de-sac) is one of the steepest and longest hills around but Suzi just ate it up!

snow05.jpg

Suzanne and me heading back to work from the butty shop and the view at
the bottom of Intellicig Street showing the snow-covered trees against the viaduct.

snow06.jpg

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Shining Wit....just looking at those pics sent shivers up my spine.

Being reminded of the extreme cold very acutely this past week or so made me realize how much I haven't missed it.

Looks like tonight, we'll be down to 28o here in Palm Coast, and 33o tomorrow night. By Wednesday, it looks like we may have a reprieve......

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
We have a small fish pond on our lanai, and because we kept the pump running 24/7, my fishies are OK.......I had a hard time believing it even though I knew why.
I'm already hunting on my garden site where to find replacements for my hybrid plants, cause even though most plants come back after a freeze, this freeze attack has been too long.

Gracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread