snus: a question of vanity 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

workeded

Feb 23, 2011
adelaide
Hey guys, I posted this in the new members section a few days ago as i didn't have enough posts to post here. Just after a bit of knowledge about how snus works in regards to aging. Have become a big fan of general onyx this year and have found that its the only thing that truly gets me off cigarettes.

Basically i just want to know how bad snus is for your skin and appearance etc. After smoking very heavily for 11 years i now look around 35, when i'm only 25. I've read that by quitting smoking your appearance can improve / regenerate but i'd like to know if this is still possible whilst using snus as a nicotine replacement therapy or if its only possible going cold turkey. Is it the carbon monoxide etc. that makes your skin age or is it pretty much nicotine as well?

Thanks in advance.

KathyD26

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Calif.
Well, Iam not a expert but from what I've read I would say it's the carbon monoxide plus the other 3000+chemicals in the smoke that causes most of the free radical damage to the skin. (along with not using sunscreen and your particular genetic makeup) Iam sure someone else on the forum can point you to some studies on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread