meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
....I have determined that I do not like dual coil vaping.
I have figured out, after using several different devices (i.e. tanks, drippers, rba's) that I prefer a simple 1.8 - 2.5 ohm single coil build.
Has anyone else come to this conclusion?
please discuss and vape while you do

:D

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
the only rebuildables i will use is a dripping atty. i care more about vapor production than flavor or throat hit. when i first started building duel coils, i was not a fan. and went back to single coils (around 25 watts)
seemed like for less work and time i could make a single coil that would rival most duel coils in terms of vapor production.
after a while i started trying to duel coils again and it was not a quick and easy process. but once i got it down i could make duel coils that worked so well it made to much vapor for me to vape on a regular basis. it was just crazy amounts of vapor. (for me at least) at that point i was around 60 watts. so then i got the power down around 40 watts and i am a very happy with the results.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
I'm thinking that's what I'm going to stick with too. 2.2 ohms seems to work pretty well for the juices I like, primarily dessert and tobacco flavors with a higher vg ratio. I can't seem to get a good vape with the bdc coils, I have a Davide King but t doesn't seem to like the thicker juices, just leaks all over the place. I have learned to rebuild the PT single coils so I'm just more comfortable with them and the high vg juice wicks just fine in them.

Typed while vaping SteamCo's The Gentlemen's Reserve...:vapor:

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Nothing wrong at all with single coils. While I do run 0.7 - 1.0 ohm dual microcoils (with 28 gauge Kanthal wrapped around a 1/16" or 5/64" drill bit and a cotton wick) on my mechanical mod, my MVP 2.0 gets a single 2.0 ohm microcoil. 10 wraps of 30 gauge Kanthal around a 3/64" drill bit with a cotton wick.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I've only tried two or three pre-built DC toppers, and I've built a couple of dulas myself in an RDA. I just don't like care for the vape. To me, the flavor isn't any better than a single coil setup, the throat hit was harsher than I like, and the vapor production wasn't any better than a good single coil build. Tastes vary, of course, but after more than a year of vaping, I think I can safely say that I prefer single coils, in the 1.8-2.5 range as well. Maybe that will change later, but for now I'm happy with my single coils.

GaG8tor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Acworth, Ga. United States
I've only been at it about 3 months now. Started out with a couple of T2s. I like the top coil design and the ease of refilling them.I don't like the way dark liquids gunk them up so quickly though. I have begun dry burning an gonna try rewicking soon. I also bought a couple of Aspire BDC'S last week and really like them as well. I feel they produce more vapor and a stronger TH. I'm thinking the coils will last longer but I've yet to try my Blackberry Bourbon in them. Just my 2c.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I enjoy the added taste from dual coils, but like many here, I don't think it's quite worth the amount of juice they go through. Double the amount, for what doesn't appear to be double the flavor. I much prefer my single coil cartos in carto tanks. The juice lasts longer, the batteries last longer, and I get better taste from a carto then I have from any clearo thus far.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I, for one feel that dual coils are very overrated ... whether it is a PT style device, and an RBA, I don't see, or feel the benefit of dual coils. And contrary to common belief, I don't feel that they produce more vapor at all ... a warmer vape perhaps, but not more vapor ... or flavor. A 1.2-1.5 single coil is plenty warm for me, and with adequate air flow it produces a ton of vapor.

I truly believe that most of the "dual coil hype" stems from the placebo affect of mass conditioning ... you say anything around here more than once, some people seem to just pick it up, take it as law, and repeat it without any actual discernment within their own direct experience.

photon9

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
Capital Region NY
I built a dual coil once. Stacked style cause I didn't want to drill a second hole in my RBA. It was good actually but just too much of a hassle. I didn't notice increased juice use or battery drain actually. Might have been pressing the fire button down less long. I'll probably build another sometime for kicks but a well built and placed 1.1 - 1.6 ohm micro coil is completely satisfying and far easier and quicker to build and less fickle too.

Cazan

Mar 16, 2010
Pueblo, CO.
It seems some of the major players on Youtube have similar opinions: I am abandoning my quintuple-coil experiment after this....Like everything else, there will be 2 schools on this who will rabidly defend their choice, however if dual coils do not have obvious & immediately apparent benefits, I'll take simpler and more efficient. New at all this, but have tried many options & am inclined to agree with your findings so far OP. Cazan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread