So are Nivel and OKR-T/6-W12-C basically the 2 best choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
Wanting to build a single 18650 box mod to use with re-buildable atties. So far, 4.18 is the highest I have used (flashlight mods, Riva eGo[3.6?], ePower 18650 unregulated and now an indulgence 18650 mod) and my GTUS, Phoenix clones and Bulli clone all are using approx. 1.5 ohm coils with 400 SS mesh.

I do not want something too big or heavy so figure a single 18650 boosted is the way to go, and have been searching through threads but want to verify if I am on the right track!!!

The Nivel is way too expensive for me! Might as well buy a ZMAX.

I found this on eBay: LM2577 DC-DC Step-Up Module 3-34V to 4-35V DIY Module | eBay

...wondering if it is worth it or should I just spend more on the OKR-T/6-W12-C...
OR something else?

Thanks for your expertise! :)

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
The USA distributor for The Nivel Chip will be my guest on Click, Bang! Tuesday January 1st at 9PM EST.

In our interview, he will discuss all of the relevant details for buying The Nivel Chip. Nivel chips will begin shipping on January 2nd.

You can listen to the interview live on Tuesday January 1st at 9PM EST here:

Vapers Place – Listen Live – VP Radio Live

If you are listening on a mobile device, use this link: VP-LIVE View

If you are unable to listen to the broadcast live, a link to the replay will be posted.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Wanting to build a single 18650 box mod to use with re-buildable atties. So far, 4.18 is the highest I have used (flashlight mods, Riva eGo[3.6?], ePower 18650 unregulated and now an indulgence 18650 mod) and my GTUS, Phoenix clones and Bulli clone all are using approx. 1.5 ohm coils with 400 SS mesh..
You haven't come close to "So far, 4.18 is the highest" using a 1.5Ω atty. Loaded/vaping volts is all that counts.

You are probably averaging ~8W. A truly regulated 4.18V will provide about 50% more Power (watts). That is significant and quite noticeable and depending on the PV ahould remain there the life of the charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread