So attached to vaping... After the ban is in effect... I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
So I heard that the ban in New York will take effect even after the small delay. I'm wondering how I will be able to cope soon. vaping for me does great things as it keeps me off cigarettes. But one major thing it also does for me is that it lowers my stress level and it relaxes me. Being that I have vaping I have no need to try other things that can be complicated. Someone once told me that my vape is like my pacifier because I always have it in my mouth and I turn to it whenever I am stressed and have anxiety. Truthfully it's terrible that I will be forced to use my pods because Juul couldn't keep their products out of corner stores and leave them for vape shops. When these kids have health issues they blame it on vaping when their parents ask them how it happened and they wanted a high out of school. Even though there is something called deep breathing and vaping isn't done that way I know it cools me off. Many times I was stressed and sweating because, I started to vape and it had it that I was finally able to feel the temperature of the air outside. People need to understand that going with this ban is All Or Nothing thinking, things one is told in therapy to avoid. Now that "it affected a minority" people take it away completely from those who are benefiting from it. Those who are banning - please use common sense - vaping is a lot safer than cigarettes and people are constantly dying from smoke. Vaping was the best thing that has possibly happened in a really long time. Tobbaco plants had a misconception that it was supposed to be smoked until technology introduced a safe method. If it was vaped from the beginning of time people would have lived much longer lives and more people would be born. Those who are cracking down please take this into account.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
If you haven't already, now is a good time to grab some extra gear if you can afford it, for future-proofing. Wouldn't hurt to learn to DIY and stock up on some nic base as well. Doing these things now will negate the impact of these bans on you in the future. But the problem is, even if we set ourselves up to continue vaping as long as we want and need, future smokers won't have the same golden opportunity that you and I had when we switched to vaping. At least, not in the same way.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So I heard that the ban in New York will take effect even after the small delay. I'm wondering how I will be able to cope soon. Vaping for me does great things as it keeps me off cigarettes. But one major thing it also does for me is that it lowers my stress level and it relaxes me.
yep. Nicotine is a class 1 anti anxiety drug. There are stronger ones but they all last a lot longer. Also they’re all addictive.
Being that I have vaping I have no need to try other things that can be complicated. Someone once told me that my vape is like my pacifier because I always have it in my mouth and I turn to it whenever I am stressed and have anxiety. Truthfully it's terrible that I will be forced to use my pods because Juul couldn't keep their products out of corner stores and leave them for vape shops.
“keep them”? They fought like mad to get them into corner stores. That’s where 70% of the market is. Getting them into corner stores in the first place is what turned them from just another company into a giant. They loved it
When these kids have health issues they blame it on vaping
turns out the “kids” thing might mostly be crap, though I haven’t confirmed it myself. There were claims on the forum that all the actual deaths were older people. The kids all got better. There were a lot of teens initially, but according to a poster here right now they’re only 16% of the actual number of people being studied
when their parents ask them how it happened and they wanted a high out of school. Even though there is something called deep breathing and vaping isn't done that way I know it cools me off. Many times I was stressed and sweating because, I started to vape and it had it that I was finally able to feel the temperature of the air outside. People need to understand that going with this ban is All Or Nothing thinking, things one is told in therapy to avoid. Now that "it affected a minority" people take it away completely from those who are benefiting from it. Those who are banning - please use common sense - vaping is a lot safer than cigarettes and people are constantly dying from smoke. Vaping was the best thing that has possibly happened in a really long time. Tobbaco plants had a misconception that it was supposed to be smoked until technology introduced a safe method. If it was vaped from the beginning of time people would have lived much longer lives and more people would be born. Those who are cracking down please take this into account.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
So I heard that the ban in New York will take effect even after the small delay. I'm wondering how I will be able to cope soon. Vaping for me does great things as it keeps me off cigarettes. But one major thing it also does for me is that it lowers my stress level and it relaxes me. Being that I have vaping I have no need to try other things that can be complicated. Someone once told me that my vape is like my pacifier because I always have it in my mouth and I turn to it whenever I am stressed and have anxiety. Truthfully it's terrible that I will be forced to use my pods because Juul couldn't keep their products out of corner stores and leave them for vape shops. When these kids have health issues they blame it on vaping when their parents ask them how it happened and they wanted a high out of school. Even though there is something called deep breathing and vaping isn't done that way I know it cools me off. Many times I was stressed and sweating because, I started to vape and it had it that I was finally able to feel the temperature of the air outside. People need to understand that going with this ban is All Or Nothing thinking, things one is told in therapy to avoid. Now that "it affected a minority" people take it away completely from those who are benefiting from it. Those who are banning - please use common sense - vaping is a lot safer than cigarettes and people are constantly dying from smoke. Vaping was the best thing that has possibly happened in a really long time. Tobbaco plants had a misconception that it was supposed to be smoked until technology introduced a safe method. If it was vaped from the beginning of time people would have lived much longer lives and more people would be born. Those who are cracking down please take this into account.
Putting a couple of liters of 100 mg nic in the freezer will improve your sleep. You don't need to start using it until your prefered alternatives aren't available. The normal market price for 100mg liter bottles is $50.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That would be a good and proper option to consider. One issue I may have is storing the nic. I don't think those who own the refrigerators and freezers in my house would allow me to use them for this. It is spacious here but full of things so I'm not sure if I can buy a miniature one to use.

Can't you buy a small freezer and have it by your bed - nightstand style?

I can't imagine that would be in the way or bothersome..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That would be a good and proper option to consider. One issue I may have is storing the nic. I don't think those who own the refrigerators and freezers in my house would allow me to use them for this. It is spacious here but full of things so I'm not sure if I can buy a miniature one to use.
Nic breaks down from heat and light. The darker and colder it is the better it lasts. Freezers are convenient because they provide both. It doesn’t actually NEED to be kept super cold. It can prolong its life though. By a lot. Years. As it ages it will go from clear and odorless to yellow and smelly. The moreso it is the older or more poorly purified it is. If you can get even a dark cool place you can prolong its life a good bit. It’s good for a few months on a warm shelf, so it’s not a fast process. Freezers are for long term storage.

They make some real real small freezers btw. A 1 liter bottle is the size of a one liter bottle, so one of those larger but still not full size bottles of soda.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    This is what a 2.1 cubic foot freezer with 8L of nic looks like, for reference. You could probably squeeze all that or maybe a little bit less into a 1 cubic foot freezer.

UJuopzK.jpg

EIHYPI

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2017
    This is what a 2.1 cubic foot freezer with 8L of nic looks like, for reference. You could probably squeeze all that or maybe a little bit less into a 1 cubic foot freezer.

UJuopzK.jpg
    I know it sounds weird that I actually cannot have one of these freezers now but I really cannot, not because I can't afford it. I'm not scared of getting into new things and I am very capable of mixing my own juice. I'm hoping I can change my situation soon and I won't look back.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    I know it sounds weird that I actually cannot have one of these freezers now but I really cannot, not because I can't afford it. I'm not scared of getting into new things and I am very capable of mixing my own juice. I'm hoping I can change my situation soon and I won't look back.

Totally understand. Is there anyone else with a freezer who might store it for you? Relatives/good friends? If not, here's hoping your situation changes and you are able to get some.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    turns out the “kids” thing might mostly be crap, though I haven’t confirmed it myself. There were claims on the forum that all the actual deaths were older people. The kids all got better. There were a lot of teens initially, but according to a poster here right now they’re only 16% of the actual number of people being studied
    The youngest age was one 17 year old, prior to that the youngest age was 27. Bronx Teenager’s Death Is the Youngest Vaping Fatality in U.S.

• Informative
    Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The youngest age was one 17 year old, prior to that the youngest age was 27. Bronx Teenager’s Death Is the Youngest Vaping Fatality in U.S.
    Dated oct 8.
    The issue it seems is that our data samples aren’t frequent enough.
    My data sample was very early and the only people affected were teens. I was contradicted and told there weren’t actually any teen deaths and most of the issues were with older people by, maybe, @Jebbn ? Not sure. It’s in here somewhere. His data sample was later than mine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread