So confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaBlu

Feb 17, 2013
NC
20 year smoker here..been clean for a month now and am stoked. I started off trying out disposables and then bought a blu starter kit. Although one of my ecigs broke after one day, I have been continuing to use my other that came with the kit. I really like the blu product, but the cartridges dont last long enough and are too expensive. 17 bucks for 5 pack at walgreens and 10 bucks if you buy on their site. Thats barely cheaper then the real thing. I have two friends at work that buy from myfreedomsmokes, and am thinking about making the switch due to cheaper liquids. Although all these acronyms,terms,mixing etc..is making me weary. when purchasing flavors it asks :

PG/VG Mix: <<<<<what is this?

I love blu-vanilla, but i see myfreedomsmokes has whip creme, vanilla and tons of other flavors. I read up on here that some who bought from freedom cant see vapor smoke after they inhale?
I want to make a switch where I am not spending so much money per week on refills. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Oh, you have come to the right place joining up here on ECF! :) Welcome to the forums!

Let me ask you this, are you locked up on keeping something that looks like a cigarette? Or are you open to a pen style vaporizer?

The "cig-a-likes" are often limited to whatever you can get from the pre-filled cartomizers, and you're right they don't last long at all... If you're open to something a little different that uses refillable cartomizers, or clearomizers, that will open up a world of eJuice liquids, of which there are literally hundreds of flavors, many many vendors, and we're talking boutique stuff! For a lot less than smoking! :)

With the right set up you can get your costs down to $10 a week, or even less...

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
You can simply refill those Blu cartomizers. Each one should last a close to a week or more with refilling.

Johnson Creek makes the flavors for Blu. The ones on their site use different recipes, But it's the same ingredients. If you want something that's going to taste closer to a Blu, try flavors from their Red Oak line.

PG is propylene glycol and vg is vegetable glycol (glycerin?). They're the liquids which hold the nicotine and flavors in suspension. PG is thinner and dryer, and will give a scratchier hit in the back of the throat. VG is thicker and wetter, and will give a smoother hit. The liquid in Blu cartos is 100% VG, as is the liquid in JC's Red Oak.

The setups your friends are using works on the same principle. Their batteries probably last longer than what you have between recharging, and they have more options for what they put their liquid in. It really comes down to personal taste and preference on what you use.

I always say if what you have works for you, then stick with it. But there's nothing wrong with trying new things. :)

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Hah! No need to get anything extravagant right off the top... There are a lot of pen style, or eGo vaporizers out there. Th eonly issue with refilling a cartomizer, especially one that came pre-filled, is that they tend to hold their flavor. So you need to refill it with whatever you filled it with the first time, or it can get tainted and nasty. Cartomizers aren't as easy to clean out as a clearomizer. Perhaps a small pen style battery with a cartomizer and small tank would be acceptable... Something like this:

(This is for visual acceptance only, not necessarilly a recommendation)

The ecig granddaddy

Would something like that be too hooka like?

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

Tango550

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Devon
Yea get yourself 510 ego set it's great for beginners I still use them myself as for cartomisers well I'm still looking for a good long lasting one myself (and advice would be appreciated from users) I just bought a 510 - Vision 'Redux' there look a bit like a tank but when you put them on the battery they look cool. You can also replace the atomizers so it saves money, they give a good hit and hold a lot of juice. I looked at a review and they say one will last up to a month a bit skeptical on that but wee will see.

Keep on vaping

VanillaBlu

Feb 17, 2013
NC
I think you will find that a blend of 70pg/30vg or 80pg/20vg will work better. PG gives more of a throat hit and VG produces more of the visual effect of smoke, vg also smooths out the throat hit more.

The site really allows some VG at 15% or extra VG at 40%.
I am still bit confused about the VG/PG thing. VG is more the vapor smoke, and PG is more of the flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread