So did you all see this in the News forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
It's not about public safety, it's about the government's wallet.

Jules hit it right on the head. They don't know how to tax PVs. Seriously, how do you tax it? They can't, so they ban it. All the while PM and RJR are laughing in our ....ing faces because they win once again.

This is disgusting. The government damn well knows that these things are saving people. But they don't want that either. They want to keep the sick sick. There's no money to be made off healthy people. In Europe and Canada, Doctors are rewarded for having healthy patients. Here, in the US, Doctors are rewarded (by big pharma) for putting people on meds. In fact, I've talked to my psych directly about this because it pisses me off and that's just what was on my mind that particular session. These damn drug reps (see:drug dealers) drop off samples with the doctor. If the samples are gone in 'X' time and a specific number of scripts are written, guess what? Paid vacattion for the Doctor and his family from the medicine company (Lily, Watson, Pfizer, etc.) Absolutely disgusting. Our whole system is backwards.

Sorry for the rant.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
It's not about public safety, it's about the government's wallet.

Drug companies do and can offer benefits to physician as long as it is not cash. The drug companies sponsors a fishing tournament for our local physician and the winner get big prizes. These practices need to be stopped. There needs to be a law that physicians cannot receive any benefits from drug companies.

Yep. Pretty much the same thing I was describing. I read my post and it got my blood boiling again.:mad:

But the link in the op goes straight to the artical, guys. I don't understand why you cant see it. Did the OP edit the post?

I see this as a good thing. Finally someone with a freaking brain is bringing to light that the same damn thing these groups are upset about is openly listed in the ingedients of cigarettes. Goes back to my point of BG not getting theirs.

Vlynn

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Indiana

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Shatner, my thoughts and feelings exactly..

Who can't see it?

The substance "diethylene glycol" that is being used as a reason to ban electronic cigarettes, is openly reported as being a non-tobacco ingredient in Philip Morris cigarettes via their website.

OfficialWire: Electronic Cigarette Bans Seriously Questioned By The Public

I found it on the Phillip Morris website:

FILTER ADHESIVES

Filter adhesives are used both to secure the plug wrap to the filter and to secure the filter to the tobacco rod. Like sideseam adhesives, filter adhesives are used in very small amounts.

DIETHYLENE GLYCOL, DIBENZOATE - 0.3

For each ingredient, the list includes the “quantity not exceeded,” calculated from the highest level of use in a single brand and expressed as a percentage of the total weight of the cigarette.

We would need to covert the percents to an actual measurable quantity to get an idea of whether 10 to 20 cigarettes at 0.3% per cigarette contains a total amount of DEG less than, equal to, or greater than 1% of a ml. of fluid.

Since the DEG is used to glue the filter to the cigarettes, probably little if any DEG gets into the smoke. However, it has also been discussed that DEG has never been detected in vapor, and probably would not get into the vapor, given the temperature at which DEG vaporizes.

Non-Tobacco Ingredients - Philip Morris USA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread