So frustrated, my coils are burning to fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoeticChaoss

Jun 1, 2018
Arkansas
I am so frustrated. For some reason I have been burning through my coils at a faster rate than what I should be and can't figure out why. I have a VOOPOO mod and have been having to change coils about every 2 days. The coils are the ones made for the Mod 0.40 so I am not sure why this is happening and its really starting to make me think that this is not going to working for me. I have only been vaping for about 2 weeks now and haven't touched a cigarette since I started and really don't want to go back to them. The juice I am using is 80/20 but I have mixed a couple of them together to get a couple different flavors going at the same time. My drag time is between 2.5 and 4 seconds so I don't believe I am drawing to long but if I am please let me know. Very frustrating because at the rate I am going its going to cost me just as much to vape as it was to smoke and that was my whole reason for starting to vape is to save some money. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but my Volts read a 0.00. Any advice would be great and thank you in advance.

1st off, good for you making the switch! What model Voopoo do you have? It sounds to me like the wattage is too high. Also what 'mode' the mod is in. Set it up using the manual for wattage mode first up, and start at say 10 Watts and adjust it upwards until you get to what's called the 'Sweet spot', not too high to get a yuck taste, somewhere just below that. This also depends on what type coil you have, SS, Kanthal, ceramic etc. The voltage may only have a reading when the button is 'fired'. I hope this helps you stay on the healthier road.

PoeticChaoss

Jun 1, 2018
Arkansas
1st off, good for you making the switch! What model Voopoo do you have? It sounds to me like the wattage is too high. Also what 'mode' the mod is in. Set it up using the manual for wattage mode first up, and start at say 10 Watts and adjust it upwards until you get to what's called the 'Sweet spot', not too high to get a yuck taste, somewhere just below that. This also depends on what type coil you have, SS, Kanthal, ceramic etc. The voltage may only have a reading when the button is 'fired'. I hope this helps you stay on the healthier road.

I only have it set to 48w ( coils says between 40w and 80w use ) and I have the VOOPOO MoJo and the coils I am using are the VOOPOO Uforce U2 0.40 coils

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
I only have it set to 48w ( coils says between 40w and 80w use ) and I have the VOOPOO MoJo and the coils I am using are the VOOPOO Uforce U2 0.40 coils
i am no expert by any means but you could be getting fake coils , i buy many of those from china aka ebay and they go out fast not so fast as yours , try buying from somewhere else , or maybe your batteries are drawing more than it says on the screen (watts) this has happened to me once had a faulty vape

wish you the best of luck

PoeticChaoss

Jun 1, 2018
Arkansas
i am no expert by any means but you could be getting fake coils , i buy many of those from china aka ebay and they go out fast not so fast as yours , try buying from somewhere else , or maybe your batteries are drawing more than it says on the screen (watts) this has happened to me once had a faulty vape

wish you the best of luck
Ok thank you, I will try to buy direct from the maker and see if that helps.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The u force tank on top of your mojo is designed for a DTL inhale style ( hard, strong, fast, deep, direct to lung inhale method).
Trying to MTL ( slower, smooth, kinda collect vapor in mouth then inhale) a DTL style tank will cause reduced head life & funky burnt tastes.

Always prime new heads by dripping drops of liquid on all exposed wicking material until fully saturated.
Then install in base, fill tank, thread tank & base toghether, let sit for few minutes.

Always start off a new head at a low power setting & graduly work your way higher. When you find what you like best stop. Using a head marked 40-80w I'd start off around 25w.
The recommended power ranges on the head are more of a guaranty you'll buy more.
Always vape to what tastes best to you not to a number/recommendation.

Your Vg % may be too high to wick / fully resaturate the wicking material as fast as you're vaping.

Dark, or colored, or overly flavored and especially sweet liquids tend to clog wicking & gunk coils rapidly.

PoeticChaoss

Jun 1, 2018
Arkansas
The u force tank on top of your mojo is designed for a DTL inhale style ( hard, strong, fast, deep, direct to lung inhale method).
Trying to MTL ( slower, smooth, kinda collect vapor in mouth then inhale) a DTL style tank will cause reduced head life & funky burnt tastes.

Always prime new heads by dripping drops of liquid on all exposed wicking material until fully saturated.
Then install in base, fill tank, thread tank & base toghether, let sit for few minutes.

Always start off a new head at a low power setting & graduly work your way higher. When you find what you like best stop. Using a head marked 40-80w I'd start off around 25w.
The recommended power ranges on the head are more of a guaranty you'll buy more.
Always vape to what tastes best to you not to a number/recommendation.

Your Vg % may be too high to wick / fully resaturate the wicking material as fast as you're vaping.

Dark, or colored, or overly flavored and especially sweet liquids tend to clog wicking & gunk coils rapidly.

Thanks so much for the info, no one ever told me to start low and build up with each coil, I have been starting them out at the 48w that I usually go with. So how often should I raise the watts after putting the new one in, should I do a few hits every time I change the wattage before upping it again. As for the DTL and MTL I have been doing the DTL but thinking I may not be inhaling hard enough. The juice I bought was a brand called Pop Clouds and the flavor was a cotton candy pop rocks and yes it is a darker colored juice, it is see through but does have a brownish tint to it.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
After priming/thoroughly saturating all exposed wicking material on a new/unused head, best to start low, take 3 -4 vapes, turn it up 2w - 4w take a few vapes, continue to gradually raise over about the first half tank or stop raising the power when you find what you like in vape quality.
During this process you may not get a satisfactory vape for the first dozen vapes up to a half tank, also you should see a few bubbles rise from the wicking holes.

Cotton candy pop rocks sounds like a very sweet liquid and could be the main problem with short head life.
If you meant 20% Pg / 80% Vg that might be too thick to wick quickly enough for the time you wait between vapes, take a couple vapes & let it sit for a few minutes to re saturate or try 30pg/70vg, 40pg/60vg which is thinner.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks so much for the info, no one ever told me to start low and build up with each coil, I have been starting them out at the 48w that I usually go with. So how often should I raise the watts after putting the new one in, should I do a few hits every time I change the wattage before upping it again. As for the DTL and MTL I have been doing the DTL but thinking I may not be inhaling hard enough. The juice I bought was a brand called Pop Clouds and the flavor was a cotton candy pop rocks and yes it is a darker colored juice, it is see through but does have a brownish tint to it.
Any cotton candy juice is going to reduce coil life. When you first quit smoking the sweeter strongly flavored juices just work. Take the above advice and be prepared to buy coils more often for a few weeks. Your taste in juices will change as your body and senses adjust to not smoking. You can buy authentic coils cheaper from FastTech in China. If you buy 5 packs at a time you get an added discount. They also generally have a coupon code available as well. Takes an average of 15 days to deliver if you pay the extra buck for e-packet shipping.
Just hang in there it gets easier fairly quickly. Would also extend coil life to pick up a couple more tanks so you can switch around and rest the coils. There are many good budget tanks around on clearance.

After priming your new coil with liquid (most important to not ruin a coil), start at 10-15W then go up in 1-2 W steps until you get the sweet spot. It won't take you long to get the hang of it. The really sweet juices will funk up the coils quicker than others too. Buy the coils marked as "Authentic" to avoid cheap wannabees too. Good luck.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
What the company marks the coil as "Best At" is not necessarily what it is going to be best at for you. I have used coils with the 40-80 suggestion and finally discovered that they work best in a device that has Variable Power Control or a Curve option where you can ramp the wattage slowly or preheat the coil.
Hth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PoeticChaoss

Jun 1, 2018
Arkansas
After priming/thoroughly saturating all exposed wicking material on a new/unused head, best to start low, take 3 -4 vapes, turn it up 2w - 4w take a few vapes, continue to gradually raise over about the first half tank or stop raising the power when you find what you like in vape quality.
During this process you may not get a satisfactory vape for the first dozen vapes up to a half tank, also you should see a few bubbles rise from the wicking holes.

Cotton candy pop rocks sounds like a very sweet liquid and could be the main problem with short head life.
If you meant 20% Pg / 80% Vg that might be too thick to wick quickly enough for the time you wait between vapes, take a couple vapes & let it sit for a few minutes to re saturate or try 30pg/70vg, 40pg/60vg which is thinner.

Thanks for all the great info. Any suggestions on juices companies I can buy a 30pg/70vg juice from. I am going to try what you said and see how that works. Hopefully I will get this right soon because that nasty burnt taste in my mouth is disgusting. I am beginning to think I might be doing it to much. I swear i am sucking on this thing more than I did a reg cigarette.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

PoeticChaoss

Jun 1, 2018
Arkansas
Any cotton candy juice is going to reduce coil life. When you first quit smoking the sweeter strongly flavored juices just work. Take the above advice and be prepared to buy coils more often for a few weeks. Your taste in juices will change as your body and senses adjust to not smoking. You can buy authentic coils cheaper from FastTech in China. If you buy 5 packs at a time you get an added discount. They also generally have a coupon code available as well. Takes an average of 15 days to deliver if you pay the extra buck for e-packet shipping.
Just hang in there it gets easier fairly quickly. Would also extend coil life to pick up a couple more tanks so you can switch around and rest the coils. There are many good budget tanks around on clearance.

Thank you I will look for their web site for the coils.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Vaping does have a learning curve, at first it is quite a bit more 'work' than lighting a smoke.
Until you start to understand what it is your looking for & how to get it from vaping it can be frustrating and equally expensive as smoking.
It does take some experimentation to find what works best for you, vaping is all about individual/personal preferences.
You might find you prefer MTL delivery devices (tanks) or a different pg/vg ratio or flavors with less or no sweeteners or any one or more of the hundreds of variables.

This is normal and temporary.

On edit; What nic mg/ml are you using?
If you've just recently quit smoking or even dual using 6mg/ml would be a good place to start with DTL mid-high watt vaping style. You may even need a small tank of 8mg/ml nic for intense cravings.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for all the great info. Any suggestions on juices companies I can buy a 30pg/70vg juice from. I am going to try what you said and see how that works. Hopefully I will get this right soon because that nasty burnt taste in my mouth is disgusting. I am beginning to think I might be doing it to much. I swear i am sucking on this thing more than I did a reg cigarette.
That is normal. More tanks do help. If you like fruits Zeus e juice is good and if you subscribe to the newsletter and like them on fb they give out good coupon codes.
E-Liquids - Home | Zeus E-Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread