The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

so frustrated please help(longest lasting ecig battery)

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by jacqui, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jacqui

jacqui Guest

hi vets, i am new here, i started using th e cigarette, with eliquid, i did not like it, battery problems,very weak vapour etc so i changed to the njoy duo, the same thing battery problems not lastin 2 hours, so many£££££££££££ later i ordered more batteries and charger to have a couple on the go, still no joy, i have spent so much money on these things my head is away, my question is what is the best 1 out there that lasts long and very strong vapour, as i am a heavy smoker, i dont want to spend any moe on crap ecigs, i am very frustrated i hope u can help ,,thanks:(

2. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Jacqui, I understand your frustration. What you have is one of the small e-cigs that I'm pretty sure uses cartomizers (a one piece atomizer that is usually prefilled with liquid). Problem is, the small size doesn't hold much e-liquid and if you don't know how to refill them fairly often, the vapor will reduce to nothing.

This thread could help you to understand more about your model. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-veterans/90476-npro-duo-cartridges-refillable.html

If you are sure you want to invest in a new model, I'd suggest looking into the eGo (or the variants of that model) which runs on the 510 atomizer (everything you need except for some extra atomizers and e-liquid will be in the kit). It lasts for a long time (both battery and atomizer life) and most find that it is the perfect unit to stop smoking with or replace most of what they are currently smoking. The 510 really helped me when I purchased my first one.

Be sure to purchase plenty of e-liquid when you buy anything. Most use between 2-5ml a day so a 30ml bottle can go quickly.

Photos and some info of what the Ego is: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clouds-vapor/107685-ego-talk-cov.html

Some of the ECF UK sellers with the eGo:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ivapour-uk/61135-janty-ego-here.html

The Electronic Cigarette Company - TECC - E-Cigarette Forum

JantyWorld - E-Cigarette Forum

Totally Wicked E-Liquid - E-Cigarette Forum

Cloud 9 Vaping - E-Cigarette Forum

Be sure to look for discount codes before you order! ;) Online Vendor Coupon Codes VapeWithPuff EU sellers links are half way down the page.

If you need help finding parts for your NJoy, PM me and I'll help.

Happy Vaping :vapor:
    Hellen

3. K.P.

K.P. Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hi Jacqui-

I agree with Helen. If you want to try a different model, you should try an eGo (also known as a Tornado). If you act fast you can get one from The Electronic Cigarette Company for 50% off (sale ends at the end of the month or until they sell out). The model you have has very small batteries in comparison, and getting 2 hours out of them sounds about right. The larger batteries on the eGo/Tornado will last considerably longer.

If you feel that you need something that looks and feels like a cigarette, the Titan (available from the same link) is a good alternative. It uses the same 510 atomiser (which runs hot and produces a lot of vapor), but the batteries are still small and will only last a few hours. That is the trade-off that we all live with.

You may also want to check your inhalation technique. If you take short, sharp, strong inhales then you won't get a lot of vapor. You need to take a very long, slow inhale that matches the same constant speed of the atomiser vaporizing the juice. And if your model has an automatic battery (one that turns on when you inhale, as opposed to one with a button) it helps to take 1-2 quick puffs followed immediately by a long, slow inhale to get it going. You can look on YouTube and see this being demonstrated by many people.

If you have any money left over, you might want to try some of TECC's fancier liquids while they're on sale. The low resistance atomisers for the Tornado are also good (even more vapor) but you do have to be careful to keep them wet with juice (but not too wet) or they will burn out fast.

Don't be too frustrated. Most regular users started with an inferior model before discovering the 510-based models (Titan/eGo/Tornado/etc), and just learning how to use the things (inhaling, refilling) required a little time to learn by experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.