So how is the Aegis working out for people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Back in August I picked up a Jac DNA75W and that is the mod I use at home because of the odd shape I haven't been able to come up with a good case so I can hang a lanyard on it so I can wear it around my neck (tends to be dropped less often that way) Well The folks at Jac Vapour are real nice because they are sending me out my 2nd replacement unit...yesterday it kept asking new tank yes/no almost every time I tried to vape...and started getting a message to check the atomizer...put a new coil in it no change... swapped tanks with my old Provari...and the Provari tank on the Jac started doing the same thing, so it isn't my brand new Kayfun 5 (yup spent the $125 for it and like the way it vapes... just with they made a clear plastic tank section not glass...glass scares me lol)

My Provari 2.5 is almost 4 years old, and its a beast...been dropped so many times onto cement I have lost count... so because I have a physical job, and am a pretty physical person I want something sturdy, that will handle getting wet and being dropped occasionally. The Aegis looks like it would do the job, but wondering since they have been out for several months how they are holding up for people.

I am open to suggestions for other mods that are pretty solid. I generally vape around 12 watts 1.8 ohms.

thanks

deryk

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
I bought on black friday sale Serpent's Grip Serpent's Grip® King Cobra Pack I contacted the company and they recommended putting it on the tank, but at least I can hang it around my neck. I did after watching a video where they destroyed an aegis that where the micro usb plug is, the 2 screws you remove to access it, well it does go deep into the metal body frame...I did think about buying a pair of screws a little longer and 2 small o-rings and attaching a lanyard directly to it... just an idea. I will stitch up a leather case that I can wear on my belt when i need to put it away at work.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Being that today is a holiday in the United States there might not be a ton of traffic on the forum today. You might get more responses tomorrow or this weekend. Tomorrow is a big shopping day in the US as well. From what I can tell a lot of people own it and I haven't seen a ton of complaints about it. Do a search for it I am sure there are plenty of posts about it. Heck there is probably thread dedicated to it. I personally don't own one. I looked at it fairly recently but it just wasn't my thing. A bit too big for me and I didn't care for the leather on it. Seems like it would be a hassle and a mess if you got E juice on it. And with me that happens quite frequently lol.

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
the Aegis is gonna be my mod to take to work. The Jac 75 is unreliable. I am on my second replacement since I bought it in august... same problem with #2 as #1 check atomizer message and always asking if it is a new tank before I can vape...doesn't matter which of the 4 tanks I try does the same thing...but works fine on my other mod's. I have a physical job and things get bumped around...and my old Provari 2.5 is almost 4 years old... prefer to have that as the backup mod...and I am discovering I like a little higher wattage to vape at.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I absolutely love mine. I only vape at 11w, so a single charge on a 26650 lasts me a really long time. 5-7 days on average. I bought it for the waterproofedness, but thankfully, I haven't had to find out if it works or not yet. Updating the firmware took care of the only problems I initially had with the Aegis, so that's another positive.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Electrician here, I work in some pretty bad conditions, think cold temperatures, dust and of course the occasional drop. My Aegis doesn't seem to mind the extreme cold (then again my dna devices don't either) or the dust (silica and fiberglass particles). It has a thick rubber coating on the body so there's no concern about scratches although oil WILL eat rubber so keep that in mind.

The board is itself is meh, battery life is defiantly worse than my dna 75, temp control is smooth but not consistent I have to change the temp throughout the day. FYI that's because it monitors the resistance of the coil but unlike Evolve's boards it doesn't take the ambient temp into account.

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Well couldn't come up with a good lanyard design, but made this last night to carry it around at work
photo.php
01162017ECigHolster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread