Status
Not open for further replies.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Yeah...I don't think you're going to get very far trying to mathematically calculate it like that. There are just too many variables.

I'd recommend worrying less about trying to dose yourself to the level of a red/white/whatever cigarette, and simply experiment with different nic level liquids to find what's satisfying for you personally. Just always think, the lower (nic), the better.

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
For me I needed to start with a nicotine of 36 mg/ml over a year I'm down to 3 mg/ml
As to how much juice I used it was difrent each day , when smoking you smoked a cig and then you where done now on ecig you take 2-3-8 pufs till you stop then move on to the menny things you deal with in life.
Even now I may take two pufs and put it down or I may thee or four not the same as smoking .
I DIY juice so how much I use isn't a big deal .

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Yeah...I don't think you're going to get very far trying to mathematically calculate it like that. There are just too many variables.

I'd recommend worrying less about trying to dose yourself to the level of a red/white/whatever cigarette, and simply experiment with different nic level liquids to find what's satisfying for you personally. Just always think, the lower (nic), the better.

I agree with this EXCEPT the last sentence. There is no right level of nic. In fact, if you go too low, especially at first, you may fail at transitioning to vaping. Most new vapers who were PAD smokers are recommended to start in the 18mg+ nic level. You can always lower the strength of an e-liquid if needed, but you can't make it stronger.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
I find it better to compare financially.......
With stinkies, would buy 3 packs for around $18, last me a day and a half. That's about the same price as 30ml juice at the nearby vape shop. That 30ml will usually last 5 days depending what mod I put it in.

So a very rough transpose shows 30ml about equal to 9 packs of stinkies. For me anyway.

Course it all goes out the window with my diy brews at pennies per ml :)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Geeze, can't anyone think outside their boxes anymore?

For YOU, roughly, what is your Cig to nic juice equivalent?

Mine started at about 4ml a day @ 18mg (protank unreg'd) compared to 1.5 PAD. Now at 12mg juice 5ml a day with a Kayfun 8watt. So I started at about 72mg a day now at 60mg on the juice compared to I guess 27mg on the sticks. I think starting with a cig equal nic level is a bad idea. I see why quitting is so easy, when using such High nic juice. I know vaping is better for me than smoking.. Don't really think using 2x the nic is though.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway

I somewhat disagree. I believe the nicotine to possibly be the least harmful (among pretty harmless) substance in e-liquid. Then again, vaping less of higher nic liquids fits my preferences perfectly. Maybe I'm just justifying my choices. I like 18-20mg/ml liquids with low flavor content. If I was to worry, I would worry a lot more about flavorings than nic. I don't worry. I just prefer the weak (flavor) sauce.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I vape 36 nic juice... 100ml lasts me about a month when I was smoking... 3 PAD
math time:
3X 3.96 X 30 = 356.40$ per month ( gas to get to store not included)
HHV 100ml juice = 44$ ( shipping included)

this means I now have 312.40$ more to spend on beer :) with that much more beer to drink... who cares about ml per ciggie :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread