So I accidentally quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

james28

Jun 14, 2011
england
Well the story goes a little along the lines of:
I have had an e cig before but it was a cheap thing that had a cotton type filler that I was forever filling up. So after giving up and going back to cigarettes for a year or so I got to talking with my better half who suggested that I went back to vaping. So after a bit of looking and thinking I decided to buy an e roll. I know that is probably not the way most would go but being a 20-25 a day smoker and working long days it's not likely to go flat on me as my breaks aren't that close together and I don't mind filling the thing up. The intention of the whole idea being smoke cigs at home vape at work. So three days in and I haven't had a cigarette at all. I honestly don't know what's different from the many times I have "quit" before and been miserable by now but it's working for me and vaping feels better than smoke. I am loving the fact I am feeling a bit better and I have to say that the e-roll is perfect for me, even down to taking it out the packet (or PCC) each time I have a vape. Let alone being able to smoke inside (a long lost privilege). To anyone thinking that this may be a way to stop I would honestly say yes but invest, research work out what you like and want out of an e-cig and then research again.
I do however have a question. I am uk based and where are people buying their kit from over here? There is a shop near by that stock totally wicked e-liquid in a couple of flavours. I am half way through my free 10ml bottle and looking for new flavours and a good stockist of both e-liquid and parts. I would also like to say a big thank you for the multitude of information on this forum that helped me know end in picking a setup.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Awesome story! I had a similar experience - I didn't really intend to quit, but thought I'd try one - and after almost 40 years of smoking that was all it took and I've not had the desire for an analog! Make sure you have backups of everything though, because I know if I didn't I'd probably be looking for butts in friends' ashtrays LOL

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
Same situation here.

I only tried it because my wife wanted to quit, and asked me to do it at the same time so that it would be easier for her. She still has a couple of smokes a week. I don't.

Shhhhhhh!!! Watch your back, James. There's gonna be dudes in black trench coats that work for BT and BP following you around if you keep spreading false information like that around. PVs are NOT smoking cessation devices.

Last edited:

james28

Jun 14, 2011
england
Good to hear I am not the only one who stopped when their new toy popped up in the post. I have to say how amazed I am, the difference between a proper e-cig type divide and a cheap knock off has definitely made it worth the expense, made slightly more satisfying by the "I can't believe you still haven't had a cigarette" conversation. Thanks for the wa welcome guys and girls. I am still trawling the forum and trying not to overwhelm myself with the various carts mods etc.

Jenn Perry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
WeLCOME WeLCOME James. I watch a program called vapetv and on there is a dude from england who would probably be able to help you. They are super nice and a fun time. it airs 7 days a week 5pm to 12am EASTERN. I would check that out for some information. Also once you get your 5 post in you can read and post in the other forums and I do believe there is an area for different countries.

GOOD LUCK and keep it up

Laylel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Victoria, BC, CA
James congrats and keep vaping. No help with a question, sorry.
About same story here. Only my hubby wanted to quit. Hi got all bunch new shiny toys... I did like them, so went and got all bunch for myself. His stuff sitting on shelf and collecting a dust and I'm off for almost a week (from 22 years of smoking 25-30 cig a day in 1 day with no issues).

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Over a year ago I heard about e-cig and seen one in a store tried it out and to my surprise I didn't grave a cig that whole day and I like it. So I tried a few other brands and found out that it's the menthol I graved more than the nicotine. Went online and bought a Vea from Johnsoncreek that turns out to be pretty good I guess beginners luck than last Nov went for Vamo V2 more beginners luck yea once in awhile I sneak a STINKY but find it taste horrible and put it out pretty quick.

I still have that mind thing of graving a cig but no big deal. I hear from people that have stopped smoking years ago and they say sometimes they grave to light up and fight the graving until it passes.

I DIY my coils/wick and juice and I'm in control now not the stinkies and I don't smell no more.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread