So I Bought A 26650 Mech Mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
It comes with a sleeve that allows me to use an 18650 instead. I'll be doing that at first as I have no 26650 batteries. I grabbed it because it was on sale, and it perfectly fits a very large rba that I also bought. I'll be putting two coils on the deck and aiming for about 0.75 Ohms. I'm looking around at 26650's but the info I am finding seems to be kind of old. A lot of stuff from 2016, I suppose because the 20's and 21's have been all the rage this year. Is the iJoy still about the best looking 26650 out there or are there others that I should consider?

Reactions: stols001

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The mooch fact sheet remains the best data anyone has

Thank you. I was just worried that it was behind because I saw a 2016 date on the 26650 section. I am leaning towards the iJoy (4200 mAh and 30 Amp CDR) because it seems to offer a really good mix of battery life and safety for me since this will be my first mech mod. I'm sure that I could get away with using a battery at a substantially lower Amp limit - but I see no benefit in doing that to eek out a few 100 more mAh. I probably won't be going below 0.75 Ohms even using two coils on the thing. In fact after playing with my Ohm's Law app I'll probably go more like 0.90 Ohms, because I want to feel it when the battery gets low. I do MTL and my idea is that I want it to hit an unsatisfactory vape before I get my battery drained too low.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you. I was just worried that it was behind because I saw a 2016 date on the 26650 section. I am leaning towards the iJoy (4200 mAh and 30 Amp CDR) because it seems to offer a really good mix of battery life and safety for me since this will be my first mech mod. I'm sure that I could get away with using a battery at a substantially lower Amp limit - but I see no benefit in doing that to eek out a few 100 more mAh. I probably won't be going below 0.75 Ohms even using two coils on the thing. In fact after playing with my Ohm's Law app I'll probably go more like 0.90 Ohms, because I want to feel it when the battery gets low. I do MTL and my idea is that I want it to hit an unsatisfactory vape before I get my battery drained too low.
It might be. I dunno. I still see him updating though. Anyway one way or another it’s what there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread