So I bought one of these here Zeniths today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Having discovered that His Terminator Squonk Box had developed a new and interesting hobby of ripping off the tops of His battery wraps as He removed them, when in Fuengirola today, Your Correspondent betoook himself into the vape shop and purchased a Zenith Mini tank and some coils for it.

He got it home, unpacked it and had a go at setting it up - and was less than best pleased to find that the instruction leaflet , or what passed for one, couldn't be read with His aged eyes and so He had to resort to the Interwebby thing to get some instructions ... yes He well remembers His friend saying to him on one auspicious occasion as He was about to throw His first computer out of the window - "Gerry you are a nice guy, but for God's sake RTFM!" ... but, when he bought His first Nautilus he didn't have to do that, and He was then a raw tyro and got a booklet wot made sense and wot He could read!

OK on the video He found that he needn't have worn His fingernails down trying to unscrew the fitted coil to get into it, all He had to do was haul the darn thing out ot prime it and stuff it back in.

All that done, as a comparison he fitted His Nautilus Mini with a new primed 1.6 Ohm coil set His iStick at 6.8 watts and did the same with another iStick topped with the Zenith and fired up.

Intial thoughts? The Zenith's OK but it'll not set the heather alight; it produces more vapour than the Nautilus even with just two holes open, and to This Writer's mind on the flavour stakes the verdict is open. The Zenith will not however fit on a Pico without maybe a heat sink.

Yes it'll get used, as to get coils for the Nautilus Your Correspondent will have to order them online and take His chances with the Spanish Post Office, whereas Zenith coils can be had here readily.

I know the Zenith gets a lot of love on here and I wouldn't wish to rain on anybody's Parade but put it this way I amn't at this stage over impressed with the thing - sorry and all that - but I can only report as I personally have found.

Stands by for Hate Storm!!!!!

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Everyone is different, has differing wants/needs, sense of taste, opinions.

With vaping there are thousands of delivery device options each one with a following, no such thing as good - better - best other than individual opinions.
What's important no matter the delivery or power device used is what it is that works best for you.
Seriously why care what anyone else thinks about what you use to vape or the method you prefer.

I don't understand why you're expecting a 'hate storm' unless you hoped to encourage one with your post, seems silly.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
What's important no matter the delivery or power device used is what it is that works best for you.
Seriously why care what anyone else thinks about what you use to vape or the method you prefer.

I don't understand why you're expecting a 'hate storm' unless you hoped to encourage one with your post, seems silly.

There is a lot of love on here for the Zenith. I don't find it super impressive. I have said so. Many fans will disagree with me.

Your last sentence, which I find rather patronising, says it it all.

If you had read my previous posts you would have noticed that I don't normally do controversy and in fact always try to find the middle ground where it might exist.

You might also wish to note that I used more than one exclamation mark - here I accept there are cultural differences between say American English and British English, but in British English this implies tongue in cheek humour.

Actually I thought I had done rather a good job of self mocking humour - clearly I failed!

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There is a lot of love on here for the Zenith. I don't find it super impressive. I have said so. Many fans will disagree with me.
There's a lot of love for many different devices. Doesn't necessarily mean that you or I will love them, too.

I recommend the Zenith to new vapers because many on the forum recommend them for new vapers, or who otherwise are MTL, low wattage vapers. I have a Zenith, and a Kayfun Lite RTA, another popular MTL low wattage juice attachment, but I'm not personally a fan of either one because I am a DTL vaper. I find the restricted draw of both too restrictive for me.

Different strokes for different folks. :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It is very close to the Nautilus for me. I love the top fill mosty. When I used it solely for a few weeks and then grabbed the Nautilus again, I could tell the difference. The Zenith just stands out because it seems like a, I dunno, cleaner and drier - if that makes sense. I also enjoy some added airflow.
    I use mine on the pico - like mod called evic primo fit. No cap to block it.
    Enjoy!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    as a comparison he fitted His Nautilus Mini with a new primed 1.6 OHm coil set His iStick at 6.8 watts and did the same with another iStick topped with the Zenith and fired up.

Wait until you've gone through the process of refilling the Nautilus Mini and the Zenith a couple times...then you'll see one of the (many) reasons vapers LOVE their Zeniths...:thumbs:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    The Zenith will not however fit on a Pico without maybe a heat sink.

If the Zenith you have is really the smaller one (the D22), it should fit on the Pico with a couple mm to spare before touching the battery cap. At least my 22's do anyway. Maybe they sold you a 24mm full size one instead? Unless you meant Mini in capacity (for TPD reasons).

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I love top fill too - I loved the Triton Mini for that very reason and never could underdstand why they dropped it. Actually the Zenith is pretty similar ... but it, the Triton, came with good readable intruction leaflet!

From what I hear, the Zenith needs a full tank to break in the coil, which is a far longer break-in period than other tanks, but the other features of the tank makes up for that inconvenience for many vapers.

There are other MTL tanks.. but the Zenith for its users was better. You could try the Aspire Tigon, thats supposed to be pretty awesome, and you may like it more - it's the one I would buy for myself, if I wanted a tank with factory coils.

That one is 24mm as well though - which many atty's are these days.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I d I didn't even know they made a 24 mm Zenith. Mine is 22 mm and fits a Pico original just fine. I'm not much of a mtl vaper anymore, but the tank comes in handy in tiny cloud situations. I use the 0.5 ohm "DL" coil, and it ain't a DL experience. That said, the flavor and overall performance is pretty decent for a drop in coil.

As to the Triton mini, that wasvthe only Aspire Nauti tank I liked. The idea of bottom fill turned me off after the second refill. I still have my Triton mini. It's one of those classics that's tough to part with.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I still have my Triton mini. It's one of those classics that's tough to part with.

I just bought a Gold 1 about 2 weeks ago. I'd never had one, and it's been talked about favorably by many people in the last 4 years or so. Since I have several boxes of Nautilus coils, (that I'll never use in the Mini I'd bought, used once, and hated 3 1/2 years ago)...I thought OK...just get 1 of those Triton Minis to use them. That was my rationale for buying it anyway. :D

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    I just bought a Gold 1 about 2 weeks ago. I'd never had one, and it's been talked about favorably by many people in the last 4 years or so. Since I have several boxes of Nautilus coils, (that I'll never use in the Mini I'd bought, used once, and hated 3 1/2 years ago)...I thought OK...just get 1 of those Triton Minis to use them. That was my rationale for buying it anyway. :D
    I hope you like it. Try to remember it has a juice flow control. I forget sometimes and kill the coil. :(

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I hope you like it. Try to remember it has a juice flow control. I forget sometimes and kill the coil. :(

But the jfc is great for stuff like traveling, especially flying. Close it off and no worries about pressure changes causing any leaking. Still, open beats closed when actually vaping.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    The ijoy elf with the naut2 coils was a better vaping experience for me than any of the nautilas tanks. The zenith was an improvement in functionality and coil longevity and at 4ml vs 2ml a great night beach fishing or camping companion.
    It's slower initial break in for flavour seemed like a minor thing.
    6weeks and more per coil vs 14ish days for the nautilas coils. Easy top fill. Easy and clean coil replacement.
    The draw while similar to the nautilas tanks had a particular quality about it that was more what I was looking for.
    I moved from mtl to dl and the zenith and the stock pile of coils sit unused. I even drilled one out in a failed attempt to get more airflow simply because the tank and coils make for such a robust and easy to use device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread