So I Can't Vape 12mg On RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
Hey hi all, if you know me, you may know that i'm fighting for last 2 years to quit smoking, nicotine gums worked but i was getting addicted. Anyway bought 12mg vanilla tobacco, first time tried on tank...was almost dead....body gone cold....then ....

Then vaped with a simple CE4 clearomizer...it worked...but missing the cloud...now I'm vaping Glazed Donuts 3mg by Loaded on my rda (Mutation XS Dual Clapton Build, smok X Cube Ultra)

So just thought...I'f I 50/50 it (12mg with 3mg) then...I think will be a good move? I think my body needs 6mg...?

I'm confused...and failing over and over, can you help me?

Right now no cash to buy a pod to vape 12mg...so you understand my problem i guess.

PS: I don't wana try salt nic base...theres no way out i think...its costly and i'll be an addict...so thinking this maybe a fix.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
If you feel the need for more than 3mg, then you can step up. You know 12mg, at current cloud production is too much, so 6 mg makes sense. Yes you can mix to 6mg average.
I don't see the reason for your desperation, as you have a handle on the variables, apparently.
Yes, some trial and error is involved. Nearly everyone who goes from a tiny high ohm device to a tank steps down drastically in nicotine percentage. You are getting a LOT more nicotine in those clouds!
You seem to be doing fine. Go ahead and mix for an average. When you find your satisfactory level, you can buy or make juice at your preferred level.
You got this. Don't worry too much, go with the flow, your body lets you know when it is right.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
One additional thought. When you think something is not working, you don't have to make a radical change, either. A jump from CE4s or T2 types to a dual coil clapton setup was a BIG jump. Maybe make incremental changes at first. Set the vape aside for some part of every hour, and wait to see how you are feeling, before continuing to add to nicotine load in your body. If I chain vape, usually because I distractedly puff on it while reading, etc., I can easily overdo the nic. And I use a small MTL tank, now, at 10-12 watts. I mix up low mg juice, and use it except when I feel I need a jolt. Another way to go, if you mix your own, or mix different strengths of commercial juice.

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I wouldn't focus on addiction too much in the early stages of completely transitioning to vaping. Maybe long term you want to kick nicotine altogether, fine, but rather progress by taking baby steps than be artificially constrained.
Like the talking porcupine suggests choose something and try to make that work as good as you can. Maybe it's not instantly the best possible experience for you but changing stuff up is still possible. What works, even with some kinks, is the right thing to do. You have 12mg and 3mg juice of the same flavor so you can mix every Xmg inbetween.

If you're on a deserted island you'll first look for stuff you can eat in order not to starve, later you can go about how to make food that actually tastes good. Weak analogy but you catch my drift ;)

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Addiction is a given, if you are trying to quit cigarettes. You are already addicted. What you want is the least harmful delivery of your addictive substance. If you can get it from gum, or snus, or patches, or vaping, then you can succeed.
Keep calm and carry on...(yeah, I can't believe I did it either):D

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
but i was getting addicted.

You're already addicted. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it should be the least of your worries right now.

Let's say your room is messy, and your house is on fire. It's true that having a messy room is a problem, and under normal circumstances you ought to clean it. But if your house is on fire and you're worried about cleaning your room I think it would be safe to say that your priorities are not well-ordered.

Smoking is the fire you need to put out, because smoking might kill you. Nicotine addiction, in the absence pf smoking, is very unlikely to kill you. Worrying about nicotine addiction when you're already an addict and a smoker is like cleaning your room while your house burns down around you. Do what you need to do now to stop smoking, and worry about nicotine addiction later.

I think my body needs 6mg...?

If that's what you need, that's what you need. If you need 12mg use that. I used 24-32mg juice when I started vaping, because the equipment sucked back then and that's what I needed.

I'm confused...and failing over and over, can you help me?

The only real help I can offer is to point out that your house is on fire, and you should put the fire out before your house burns to the ground. You should stop cleaning your room while your house burns down.

PS: I don't wana try salt nic base...theres no way out i think...its costly and i'll be an addict...so thinking this maybe a fix.

I'm not saying you should use salts, because you might be fine without them, but please recognize that you are sitting in a burning building, and that any means of escape is better than just sitting there. You wouldn't normally take an axe to your walls, and doing so might make your room even messier, but if your house were on fire you might do so and count the cost later.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I so understand the frustration of wanting to quit, but having trouble. I encountered my first vape about 7 years ago, quit for a month, then started a really stressful job and I'm sure you know how the story goes.

I agree with others saying you don't need to make huge, radical jumps. If you approach this from a state of calmness, it will be even better. When I quit this time, I was oddly CALM. I guess how ill I was had something to do with that. But, I went from being a 3 ppd smoker to a vaper. When I make up my mind to do something, no matter what, I usually do it. The fact that I was going to get diagnosed with COPD (probably) at my next doctor appointment and the 18 months of pretty much straight pneumonia also helped beat me into a state of reasonableness.

I was really only half awake for most of my quit time, LOL. One thing that did help me was to WIPE any quit attempts, as fast as I could, from my brain including former vaping and dual use. No point dwelling on failure, it tends to produce failure. Vaping having come a long way helped.

I started with my hardest cigarette to skip, the first one. I knew if I didn't, I would fail. I'd be smoking all day long, I know me, so to speak. I just kept delaying and delaying until I had my first cigarette free day.

Getting your nic right should help. Also, instead of panicking about smoking, OBSERVE your smoking, dispassionately. Try to figure out why and how come you are smoking, when you do. My hardest smoking to stamp out was stress smoking, which is not what I thought it would be. So, I stress smoked.... Until I decided to try something else. I developed a plan for stress to not include self-harm (which is kind of why I smoked those cigarettes-- I smoked them HOPING they would be the cigarette that "killed me." I have learned I can wish for death without actively seeking it out, etc. You almost have to befriend your smoking habit, figure out what it is "doing for you" exactly, and kinda go from there. If you don't know the whys and wherefores of your smoking, you won't be able to combat it.

I suffered. I suffered quite a bit. But, I kept reminding myself that if I developed COPD, I would ALSO suffer.

The good news on vaping, I have found, is that the suffering is temporary. It is rare for me to have cravings these days, and I kind of laugh them off, in a way.

Also, vape right before and right after (heck, even during) your cigarette. Pay attention to if it's perceived "satisfaction" is really there. I found it often wasn't what my "mind" wanted to trick me into thinking it would be. It's been a fair amount of time since I've really thought of smoking that much.

I wish you the best of luck, and as little misery as possible. Some folks just don't grab a vape, and ride off into the sunset on a unicorn. I was NOT that type of vaper, it was HARD.

It was also worth it. If I had to do it all over again, I would. The benefits far outweigh the negatives, for me. But, I had to get to vaping alone to discover them.

Best of luck,

Anna

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I suffered. I suffered quite a bit. But, I kept reminding myself that if I developed COPD, I would ALSO suffer.

Indeed. I wake up some days and wonder if it wouldn't have been better if I had never been born. Then I get up and go do what I have to. Because I _was_ born, and there's no changing that now. And existing has its advantages (it's very difficult to get a decent pastrami sandwich when you have never existed, to choose an example.)

But I also watched my mother die of lung cancer, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to go out like that.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Indeed. I wake up some days and wonder if it wouldn't have been better if I had never been born. Then I get up and go do what I have to. Because I _was_ born, and there's no changing that now. And existing has its advantages (it's very difficult to get a decent pastrami sandwich when you have never existed, to choose an example.)

But I also watched my mother die of lung cancer, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to go out like that.
Pretty hard to WANT a pastrami sandwich, if you never existed!:eek:;)

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
So just thought...I'f I 50/50 it (12mg with 3mg) then...I think will be a good move? I think my body needs 6mg...?

I agree with everyone who said it's best to use whatever nicotine level it takes to get you off the cigarettes. If it helps, a lot of people find it much easier to lower their nicotine levels once they're done with cigarettes and fully satisfied with vaping.

Just a note on the math - a 50/50 mix of 12 mg/ml and 3 mg/ml will give you 7.5 mg/ml, not 6. If that works for you, great. If it's still too high, 1 part 12 mg/ml mixed with 2 parts 3 mg/ml is what you need to get 6 mg/ml.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm a subohm ( .6 to .8 ohm coils ) MTL vaper who started at 24mg and quit smoking easily over time. Let the vape take away the cigarettes as you vape. In my case, 24mg juice doing MTL in an eGo knocked my smoking down from 2 PAD to about 6 cigs a day within a week after starting to vape. I continued to let myself smoke those for the first year and then I quit smoking.

Don't worry about quitting cold turkey. Let the vape diminish to desire to smoke. Over time you will be more likely to quit gradually instead of suddenly and that will help with the mental craving for tobacco. Let the vape take the cigs away as you find the sweet spot in hardware and juice. You'll eventually decide that smoking is redundant to the vape and you will quit buying smokes.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
Thanks a lot! Each and every of you, felt like talking to my family, mixed that glazed with 12mg...kinda donuts tobacco flavor on my tank now, just pray for me that .... i can sustain with it, and decreasing gradually don't work for me...lighting up one cig lemmi smoke another pack....even 1 hour ago wishing death for me...life....its...anyway....7.5mg should work scientifically...i know cigg cravings are mental and due to the addictive chemicals on the sticks...I'll update my situation, stopwatch is running, failed many times, lets see once again and thanks again for supporting me, a biiiiig hug to all ! :)

Currently vaping on Kang Vape Mini Kp Box, You may know it...At 40watts, last battery indicator, feels like a diy pod lol, nothing to do, can't buy a pod rn, so its the solution I guess

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You should do this in stages, or phases. First stage is to make a total transition with vaping with no cigs.

Second phase would be to gradually decrease your nic concentration. This could take months, even years. Bottom line is, vaping is safer than smoking. Small steps, brother.

A lot of folks are as addicted to the behavior as much as addicted to nicotine. Nicotine is not the scourge of smoking or vaping. The smoke and hundreds of chemicals created from burning tobacco in cigarettes is. I wouldn't be so over concerned about your nic levels at this point in time. Nicotine is not the enemy. Smoke is.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Yep, but as someone who exists and is uncertain that existence is even a good idea, pastrami sammiches are a powerful argument, but only if they come with sharp mustard and a good pickle.
Now i want a freakin pastrami sandwich. With swiss on rye please. And dont forget the pickle an mustard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread