So I got my ego-t, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragdolltb

May 4, 2012
Florida, USA
There's very little flavor. The batts are both charged up fully, and it's the same on both. I haven't had a chance to try a different liquid yet. I'll do that on my lunch break. But is there something I'm doing wrong, or maybe it's just a weak flavor? it's the Mad 4 from madvapes. The flavor is good, it's just barely there. Some of the reviews suggested letting it steep for a bit, but as a noob, I really don't know what that means, either. lol

Unrelated side question, is there a way to search the forums for your own older posts?

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to ECF , but if your a new vaper , your taste buds are still trashed . You probably should order some double flavor juices for awhile . I know when I started , I could barely taste any of the juices . It took me around three months before I could start tasting the juices . Another thing , the flavor is somewhat subtle , meaning it's not very strong to begin with . If you like really strong flavor , you need to start doing the DIY thing , and make your own e-liquid . At least then you can flavor it anyway you like .

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
The eGo tank setups (both the T and C) models are great for their simplicity and ease of use, but they do tend to mute the flavor quite a bit. I've moved from the C setup I got with my eGo starter kit to using CE4+ (Stardust) clearomizers and I'm getting much better flavor and vapor from that setup. If you like the eGo tank setup and you're happy with the vapor production, you may want to get extra flavor in your juice to compensate for the flavor.

Steeping is the process of letting a juice age a bit before use. Some of the more complex flavors require a bit of time to allow the flavors to mix, and it's usually only a week or two to get them to their sweet spot.

You can find your old posts by using the 'What's New?' => 'My Posts' option at the top of the page.

ragdolltb

May 4, 2012
Florida, USA
Thanks everyone!

Brnk - I don't think i have cartos.... The atomizer and cartridge are separate.

Renzuli - I am new to vaping, but I haven't smoked in 2 years, so taste buds really shouldn't be an issue, and if it is, it's not going to get better. lol. I do plan to look into DIY but I wanted something to get started right away too. Not really sure where to begin with all that either...

Yani- I believe it's a PG/VG blend.

BuGen - Thanks for all the info. I've heard a lot about the stardust, so I will probably look into that as soon as I have a little extra money. :D

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
MadVapes TopVapor line was designed for "subtle" flavors. They are not meant to be overpowering. I haven't tried the Mad4, but I use their Triple Zest (amazing btw) everyday and I still think it is a little weak. I read a post from Hoog the other day where he stated subtle flavor being a top priority in their e-liquid.

One more thing. What strength are you using? I've found that their juices have the most flavor around 16 - 18mg. Anything below that is VERY muted.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Since you are in Florida, Electronic Cigarettes & Accessories | Awesome Vapor can get these to you in a couple of days or so. They are in North Georgia. They say 1.8 ohm, but they all measure 2.0 ohms. This is the famous Boge 2.0 carto you will hear so much about. They will turn your eGo into a vapor producing machine with good taste. Any 510 thread screws right on in place of the cart/atomizer and you can slide the cone over the carto and screw it in place.

Low Resistance Cartomizers by Boge 1.8 ohm
thumbnail.asp

Fill them this way the first time you fill and then pop the cap from time to time when vaping. If the filler turns white again, just add a couple of drops, let it soak in for a second or two, pop the cap back on, and vape. The Boges hold 1ml of juice and you can also buy the XL longer version that holds more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread