Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I was trying to post it without any actual "advertising" but if this is not allowed, go ahead and delete.
Just found it funny how for so long media and pharmacies/ big tobacco is constantly demonizing vaping and now they've found a way to make it "healthy"

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I was trying to post it without any actual "advertising" but if this is not allowed, go ahead and delete.
Just found it funny how for so long media and pharmacies/ big tobacco is constantly demonizing vaping and now they've found a way to make it "healthy"
They don't have to go through the FDA

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Amazing what you can vape these days. Wonder if I can vape those healthy dark greens I'm not fond of eating? I've known people who have gotten addicted to the B12 shots. But I guess that's okay.:blink:
I know a woman who did that diet and got the shots and she always was telling people to get the b12 shots.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
It's like they're on speed. It just didn't seem healthy after a couple shots. One woman's doctor cut her off and she fell into a pretty deep depression.
It doesn't even help with weight loss. Why they are trying to sell the diet with it is awful. I asked a dr. about the popular diet and shot, he told me the only ones who should take the shot were people with anemia and patients who have a the weight loss stomach surgery.
The surgery patients aren't able to eat enough foods with b12 and they require a shot since the stomach is so small.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
This is a sure fire way of getting increased FDA attention. The second you start making health claims, it DOES fall under the domain of the FDA. This is one of the reasons why ECF has never permitted this type of discussion for DIY purposes or the discussion of e-liquids that fall outside of the general VG, PG, flavoring and nicotine realm.

ECF does not endorse or support the vaping of pharmaceuticals or "health aids" because this is exactly the stuff that will force the industry into mandated FDA regulation as drug delivery devices.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It doesn't even help with weight loss. Why they are trying to sell the diet with it is awful. I asked a dr. about the popular diet and shot, he told me the only ones who should take the shot were people with anemia and patients who have a the weight loss stomach surgery.
The surgery patients aren't able to eat enough foods with b12 and they require a shot since the stomach is so small.

It doesn't help with weight loss but if you are a vegetarian, or on a vegetarian diet, your not getting enough b12.

I don't know anything about this diet your talking about, but most dieters have a tendency to cut out a lot of meats.

A responsible doctor would not however automatically give a b12 shot, they would first do blood tests to determine whether or not the patient was b12 deficient, and if such a deficiency was found they would first try oral, or sublingual b12 supplements.

Shots are only necessary if the stomach is no longer properly absorbing the nutrients. (As is the case in older women especially) and the sublingual tablets aren't helping enough to rectify that deficiency.

I AM quite unclear how anyone can get addicted to a vitamin though.. once your at healthy levels of b12 and able to maintain that level through diet or supplements, it's neither here nor there. Your just healthy (provided your not deficient in any other vitamins either).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Going to doctor to get B12 shots was a big thing around here for awhile. Some did well, but only got treatment every 3 months or so. Some were using multiple doctors. It took off like crack. Having B12 taken away after abuse also causes depression until the body achieves balance again.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Here it was promoting energy and weight loss. You always knew who had jumped on the band wagon. Couple years ago it was all things green tea. We've all gotten so lazy and spoiled. Always looking for that quick fix.
I think what bothered me was I asked my friend who was doing it, how much was her copay and when she told me that insurance wasn't covering it, and she had to pay $50 a week. It sent red flags up to me.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Here the "country club" set got the ball rolling. The not so fortunate were at the mercy of the more unethical resources. Had a front row seat from my cashier job. Glad now that at that time I was young and fit so didn't bother. Had other things I wanted to spend money on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread