• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So I need some british Christmas advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have a half niece of about 16 years that I need to buy a Christmas gift for.

We were told not to buy presents for them because they have no luggage space to transport them (we will Be meeting in Missouri) but I figure
A: you don’t not buy Christmas presents for kids, and
B: a gift card doesn’t take much space.

The problem is I need a gift card she can us IN BRITIAN rather than in the US, and is a store of stuff she would like.

AMAZON is pretty international so I figure I’ve got a shot there, but I don’t know for sure and it’s depressingly generic.

Does anyone here have a suggestion? I’m kind of in a bind. I don’t even know where precisely in britian she lives, though I think it’s a bit rural. They used to live in London but moved away.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Best bet is cash.

I am British but live in the US, and I do Amazon gift cards, but Amazon have a US side and a UK side, so not sure if buy a Amazon gift card in the US, it would be good on the UK Amazon site, when I buy the Amazon cards for UK family, I use the British Amazon site.

So again, cash would be the safest way they get something they can use/spend.

• Informative
    Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Best bet is cash.

I am British but live in the US, and I do Amazon gift cards, but Amazon have a US side and a UK side, so not sure if buy a Amazon gift card in the US, it would be good on the UK Amazon site, when I buy the Amazon cards for UK family, I use the British Amazon site.

So again, cash would be the safest way they get something they can use/spend.
    Cash is a no go in this case. Even cards are pushing it a bit. So you’re saying even with amazon I’d need an amazon UK card? Getting one of those might be a pain. I was hoping there was some sort of cool but fairly ubiquitous british shop she might want something from and I could buy a gift card online and have it mailed to me.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    So you’re saying even with amazon I’d need an amazon UK card?

I've never tried a US amazon gift card on the UK amazon site, so can't say for sure they don't work, but do know they have their own sites though, the american site is of course amazon.com, where the british one is amazon.co.uk if wanted to make sure, be best to send amazon a email and check with them before buying gift cards.

Reactions: bombastinator

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    That’s kind of a two years ago thing here. Is it still going in the UK?
    I think the boom was in ~ 2014 + -

as for a present, depends on what she is about. If she's about boys, a big pack of good quality condoms will be a good choice and her crunchy parents won't have to worry about becoming grandparents too early.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread