Status
Not open for further replies.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Having this made by my local machinist. I had to convert all the measurements because the machinery doesn't program in metric. I'm using 1/8" plate for the top and 1/4" for the bottom. I'll have it in a few days and will post build progress here. Thanks, Tourlounette, for a great design and the schematics for us. As soon as I get a drill press I'll try my hand at building this like a real man. :toast:

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
OK. Got the pieces from the machinist. THe only modification I had to make was I needed to open the hole for the battery tube a little more to allow the threads to fit through. Otherwise, everything works and I'm totally stoked!

DSCN0765_zps57034af7.jpg

DSCN0767_zpsdc13ea3b.jpg

Tourlounette

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Montréal
Nice!:headbang::headbang:

Is it possible to know how much it cost?

Well done... Do you like it?

I have just received a new vamo in ss this one. So i will make a an another for my self.
This one will be a bit larger because with my first drawing it is not large enough to put my terminator on it.
Just need 1 mm larger.

Last edited:

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Nice!:headbang::headbang:

Is it possible to know how much it cost?

Well done... Do you like it?

I have just received a new vamo in ss this one. So i will make a an another for my self.
This one will be a bit larger because with my first drawing it is not large enough to put my terminator on it.
Just need 1 mm larger.

I paid $90 for an hour of machine time. Pretty expensive, I know, but I live in Los Angeles. Nothing I can do about that. I plan on getting a drill press and some fostner bits to do it myself next time. The only issue I have is some devices won't make a connection because of the separation plate and the 510 connector. 1mm makes a big difference on dome dripper RBAs. I plan on grinding down some material from the top of the Vamo around the drip well to raise the connector a tiny bit. When I make another set, I will make the top (22mm) holes about .5mm deeper. I love it though.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
I paid $90 for an hour of machine time. Pretty expensive, I know, but I live in Los Angeles. Nothing I can do about that. I plan on getting a drill press and some fostner bits to do it myself next time. The only issue I have is some devices won't make a connection because of the separation plate and the 510 connector. 1mm makes a big difference on dome dripper RBAs. I plan on grinding down some material from the top of the Vamo around the drip well to raise the connector a tiny bit. When I make another set, I will make the top (22mm) holes about .5mm deeper. I love it though.

That price really is not that bad, considering. Doing these oneself without a machine shop is bound to take well over an hour too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread