Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
So, yeah. I went to take the tip off of the Stardust to refill my Cinnamon Vanilla vape and the tip is all weird. Looking at it, I've managed to MELT the edges of the tip. I'm guessing the clearomizer heating coil gets hot and melted it? Either that or the cinnamon is deadly.

So... ProTank? Looking for a reputable place to buy one (I checked the local stores - no go). Where should I point my browser and credit card?

Centurion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
East Coast USA
Cinnamon melts all but the most robust types of plastic apparently. Some other popular flavor(s) do similar. I just got a Protank and am enjoying it, once I jammed a toothpick in one of the airholes to correct the draw. If you were in Canada I'd say Canvape because they're $12 a pop but I don't see anything indicating they ship outside Canada currently so the best retail deal at the moment is ivape ____>ivape.net/index.php/Pro-tank-SPECIAL-SHORT-TERM-SALE.html

If you can get in on a co-op they'd be cheaper but there don't seem to be any co-ops going currently. Most vendors have them at $19 or $20 in the US now.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Thanks, I grabbed 3 from ivape - let's hope I like them and don't manage to melt anything! LOL!

The cartomizer tank itself is fine... it's just the tip that melted. I really think it's from the heat. It really gets hot. The one with my Cinner's Delight is fine - but the Cinnilla is the one I constantly vape...

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
I just got home tonight and these were in my mailbox. I've only been using it for about 10 minutes, but I LOVE this thing. It's got a little heft to it, seems sturdy, was SUPER easy to fill, has a nice cool vape - and lots of it. Best of all, it's not overly airy of a draw.

NICE.

I only wish they made some smaller ones that were a bit cheaper for changing around. I like to have different clearos for each flavor, but if these things pan out how I think/hope... I'll be in love.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Good to see that you found a solution to your problem. :)

I'm pretty sure what happened to your clearomizer tip was a reaction to the cinnamon flavor that you were using. Some flavors, including the cinnamon, citrus flavors, in addition to others have a chemical reaction to certain plastics used in clearomizers and cartotanks (polycarbonate).

I would take a very close look at the plastic tank portion of your old clearomizer and look for any "clouding" or tiny spider web cracking.

I wrote an article about this phenomenon, including a video of a tank melting and falling apart, a list of known flavors to cause this, and what juice delivery devices are safe to use with these juices:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas
I just got home tonight and these were in my mailbox. I've only been using it for about 10 minutes, but I LOVE this thing. It's got a little heft to it, seems sturdy, was SUPER easy to fill, has a nice cool vape - and lots of it. Best of all, it's not overly airy of a draw.

NICE.

I only wish they made some smaller ones that were a bit cheaper for changing around. I like to have different clearos for each flavor, but if these things pan out how I think/hope... I'll be in love.

easy fix, just buy more, lol
i have 6, one for each different flavor.
no waste juice that way

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
I would take a very close look at the plastic tank portion of your old clearomizer and look for any "clouding" or tiny spider web cracking.

Yeah, one clouded and the other's tip melted at the bottom - I think the melting might just be from the heat, I was vaping pretty hard on it at first. Either way, I think this might be a great solution because I love citrus and cinnamon and I'm not giving them up. LOL!

easy fix, just buy more, lol
i have 6, one for each different flavor.
no waste juice that way

Yeah, but these things are freaking expensive. I'm on the hunt for a cheaper alternative for my sometimes-vapes. Anyone got any suggestions to try? But man... these ProTanks are SWEET. Suck the juice fast, but who cares... I'm in love! I'll be on the look out for good sales :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yeah, one clouded and the other's tip melted at the bottom - I think the melting might just be from the heat, I was vaping pretty hard on it at first. Either way, I think this might be a great solution because I love citrus and cinnamon and I'm not giving them up. LOL!
Not going to argue with you, but I've seen acrylic tips "melt" from a cinnamon flavor, and not the heat from a heating coil. It's not uncommon for this to happen as the acrylic plastic seems to be even more vulnerable to the volatile flavors than the polycarbonate plastic used in the tank tubes.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Not going to argue with you, but I've seen acrylic tips "melt" from a cinnamon flavor, and not the heat from a heating coil. It's not uncommon for this to happen as the acrylic plastic seems to be even more vulnerable to the volatile flavors than the polycarbonate plastic used in the tank tubes.

Oh, I think it's totally possible or maybe a little bit of both. Who knows... all I know is that it was melting. I noticed a little bit of melting using another clearo with my blue moo juice too (not nearly as bad though!). LOL! And wow, those videos are crazy! Mine didn't do that, but did cloud. I'm just glad there's a solution for us cinnamon lovers. Yummmmmy! These ProTanks are just plain nice. Hubby stole one of mine though because he likes it too. Hahaha!

Here's my two little babies :)

20130421_115113.jpg

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
Oh, I think it's totally possible or maybe a little bit of both. Who knows... all I know is that it was melting. I noticed a little bit of melting using another clearo with my blue moo juice too (not nearly as bad though!). LOL! And wow, those videos are crazy! Mine didn't do that, but did cloud. I'm just glad there's a solution for us cinnamon lovers. Yummmmmy! These ProTanks are just plain nice. Hubby stole one of mine though because he likes it too. Hahaha!

Here's my two little babies :)

View attachment 201705

They look great! I like the ProTank a lot, too, but I use Kanger mini T3s for my multitude of flavors I like to have around that I know won't melt clearos. If you like the vape on the ProTank, you might like these, too. They seem more resistant to fogging and cracking than the Stardusts, but I wouldn't risk them on any juice that is known to be a tank cracker.

BTW, that little stainless battery in your picture is adorable! Where did you get it?

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
They look great! I like the ProTank a lot, too, but I use Kanger mini T3s for my multitude of flavors I like to have around that I know won't melt clearos. If you like the vape on the ProTank, you might like these, too. They seem more resistant to fogging and cracking than the Stardusts, but I wouldn't risk them on any juice that is known to be a tank cracker.

BTW, that little stainless battery in your picture is adorable! Where did you get it?

Yeah, I like the T3, I have a couple of those... they are a little harder to fill though :/ They are also as expensive as the ProTanks at my local vape shop, but I'll take a closer look online for sure! Thanks!

That is the etched celtic design from TheVaporGirl.com - love her cute stuff. It feels nice in the hand too, it's truly etched so there's a grip to it and it's purdy!

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
The mini T3s are available online for around $5, and the replacement heads are about $2, generally. I've bought them from Sun-Vapers, Stormy's Vapor Cellar, and GotVapes.

Thanks for the tip on the battery! I'm trying to move away from getting any more non-VV batteries, but sometimes they're so cute, I just can't help myself!

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Odd never thought blue moo would be a tank killer. Got a bottle that I don't like so no big loss.

Like I said, I think that has more to do with the heating coil melting it... it's VERY slight and just the edge of the tip. I'm special like that I guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread