So I'd like to move forward in my vaping life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Aug 21, 2010
Tucson
So I've had my KR8 for 5 days now, and I LOVE it! It's perfect for when I'm on the go, 2 charged batteries, + 3 of my custom filled chocolate/vanilla/pipe tobacco carto's all in a PCC and i'm good for a long day.

But with all that I've been hearing about direct dripping... very good vape and such, I'm curious to try. But there's a bit TOO much information out there so far on all of this. Too many different styles, parts, etc for my limited capacity brain to keep it all track of.

When I'm at home sitting in front of my computer or PS3, I have a manual USB PT that I use. What is the best atty/ drip tip combo that will fit on my KR8 PT?

I'm assuming that my KR8 PT is running at 5V, so I also ask, is there a Box mod (i think that's what I'm thinking of) that runs at a high voltage that I can direct drip with the same atty and drip tip, but also hook my cartos to? I'm considering one for if I don't feel like being tethered to my PC or PS3 at home, or maybe if I'm out and about and don't mind having a big clunky box mod. Maybe.

So yeah that's about All I can think of for now, I'm sure more questions will occur to me the second after I post this. Thanks for the help again guys!

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Unfortunately there is no way to drip with cartos. You have to use attys. I do not know if there are adapters to go from a kr8 batt to 510 atty...I only know of the other way around (510 batt to kr8 carto).

Also, I do not know of any mods that are threaded for kr8 cartos, although you can use an adapter.

Dripping is generally done with a 510 atty, where you add drops of juice directly to the atty bridge. So a mod that is for a 510 will work. You can drip with other attys too, of course, as long as you can see the bridge, such as an 801 or 901 atty, and people do this too. You either have to have the PV built for that atty threading, or else get an adapter.

That 5V kr8 PT is well suited with kr8 cartos, since they are around 3 ohms. I absolutely love my 510 PT with 510 3.6 ohm cartos...in fact I like it better than dripping. 5V with a 2.4 ohm 510 atty is over 10W of power, and is very hard on attys.

One of Ken's 5V box mods would be a good call for trying out a 5V PV that is low price:

Box Mod

You could get a 510-kr8 adapter and use your kr8 cartos on it. Or you could get some 510 attys, which are available in several resistances, and try dripping. I would recommend DSE510 attys (3.2 ohms) or higher resistance. 2.4 ohm 510 attys are, at least for me, too hard to get consistent good vaping from, since they get that burned taste easily.

Its a good idea to know wattages and current if you intend to get into HV vaping. Watts = volts*volts/ohms. I like around 6-8 watts. Some like 10 watts, but its too much for me. Current = Amps = volts/ohms. More than 2 Amps is quite a strain on battery health, and will not work on most USP ports, or else fry the port. I use a 2 Amp (rating) external AC/USB converter for my 5V PT, although it will work on a 1 Amp one.

Good luck! Maybe KentC can post his safety chart for wattages. Very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread