So I'm about fed up with pod mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrubOhm

Mar 23, 2019
Fl
Can anyone recommend a simple mod where the variations and controls aren't too convoluted? I've done research but I don't think I'm ready to fiddle with so many settings and be confident that I'm not messing up something on the device. Not just yet anyway. I'm not interested in building coils either. And please, no more smok. Lol

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Most pod mods have no adjustment at all. Generally that’s the problem. Some times you can’t even pick nic levels and there are only a few flavors. You want a zero options pod mod then?

Can you give me an example of an “overly convoluted” pod mod?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’m confused too, about too many settings. I wonder if you actually mean pod or mod? Because as @bombastinator said, I’m not aware of many pods that are anymore complicated than ‘fire button’ and there are a couple that don’t even have that.

What devices have you tried or looked at and what features do you not want?
Please reply @ShrubOhm and give us more info so we can help you.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have got a pod that I won from a contest here. This is it and where it came from.
    https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GTRS-LOCO-AIO-Kit.html
    Very simple, only one button. Refillable, with replaceable coil heads, and adjustable air flow. The only thing I didn't like at first was the 1 ohm coil that is available for it. Bit too hot for me, but I've changed my vaping style for that particular device. I just take smaller, shorter, but faster, tokes. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this device. I don't use it exclusively, but it's always close by!

Reactions: DeloresRose

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m confused too, about too many settings. I wonder if you actually mean pod or mod? Because as @bombastinator said, I’m not aware of many pods that are anymore complicated than ‘fire button’ and there are a couple that don’t even have that.

What devices have you tried or looked at and what features do you not want?
    Please reply @ShrubOhm and give us more info so we can help you.
    There are a couple I’m aware of. The Orion comes to mind. It’s got a whole 3 settings and two coil choices. The most dumbed down vapes I know of are disposables. One piece, no options at all. Put it in your mouth and suck it till it dies. If it’s not the vape you wanted that’s too damn bad. Oh, and in the long run they’re reeeeally expensive.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Welcome :) Yep I agree with @Letitia you actually need a simple to use mod or pen device. A tank with drop in coils and you will be away...

The suggestions above are good or something like the Geekvape flint kit...it has three power adjustments and you can get different coils which will also help taylor you experience. Here's a link...

Flint Kit Geek Vape Online Store

Hope this helps and good luck....always someone around if you have questions :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Because if you're MTL style, Smoant Battlestar Mini comes to mind.

But it's a single 18650 battery mod that's well made, is relatively simple and is cheap. Then couple it with something like the Innokin Zenith tank.
    That one looks pretty complicated. It’s got TC AND custom curves
    $26.91 Authentic Smoant Battlestar Mini 80W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-80W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    There used to be a kanger that was VW only. Didn’t even have a screen. Just a series of lights in 5w increments and an up/down button. Had other problems though so it died iirc.

The secret to overly complicated options is to just ignore most of them.

Vchick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I'm still using my istick, but I did see this pod kit advertised in a contest from Heavens gifts https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Desire-More-Pro-Kit.html
    https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Desire-More-Pro-Cartridge.html
    According to their website it's on pre-order for $19.80 and has a 1000mah battery. That has been my only complaint about pods is the battery life. Though they are in China, my experience with them has been very good. I'm tempted to go ahead and place an order for several and give them a try.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I see the old iStick 30w has had a couple of honourable mentions already; they really are easy to charge and to use - I've had then for three years and they are only just beginning to die. I'd still recommend them, and being honest though I have Picos, when I get back to the UK I will stock up with a few more iSticks.

The Kanger device without a screen was the K Box - I've a couple of them, which along with the iSticks have given great service and have never even hicuppied with me. Sadly they are out of production now and though I did try to source some earlier in the year I couldn't find a UK supplier with any left.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Vladdin RE. There's absolutely no customization except the juice you fill it with. Does a good job delivering MTL satisfaction with draw-activated firing. For best results use 30-50mg salt nic.
    Be careful about leaks though. Some pods will leak, and doing so can mess up the vacuum switch. There were some posts on the Vladdin forum giving suggestions on how to keep that from happening. I got a dead one I lightheartedly hope to take apart and find out exactly why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread