So I'm about fed up with pod mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrubOhm

Mar 23, 2019
Fl
That's fine, but I'm not looking for another pod system. I'm not sure why people keep suggesting them. I did some digging and there are plenty of simple pen style or box mods where it's either just a fire button and adjustable airflow, or ones with the addition of wattage adjustments which I'm fine with.

And if I got confused I could just take it to my vape shop and have my guy do the settings for me and I'll just avoid changing them until I get the hang of it. Honestly I'd rather do that because I don't get judgment for being a newbie.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's fine, but I'm not looking for another pod system. I'm not sure why people keep suggesting them. I did some digging and there are plenty of simple pen style or box mods where it's either just a fire button and adjustable airflow, or ones with the addition of wattage adjustments which I'm fine with.

And if I got confused I could just take it to my vape shop and have my guy do the settings for me and I'll just avoid changing them until I get the hang of it. Honestly I'd rather do that because I don't get judgment for being a newbie.
So an APV mod with lockouts to lower confusion. This is exactly what I got for my sister. We can do this thing. Well even.

So different set of questions entirely

Size?
Power level?
Features?
Cost?

Size is a major variable. On the big end you’ve got ruggedized multiple battery mods like ageis legends that are a bit larger than a pack of 100s but much heavier. They’ve got power, versatility, and resistance to things like dropping. Not small though.

On the other end there are “tiny mods”. They are generally LiPo, which makes them disposable. They’re good for maybe a year and you have to throw out the whole thing. They may claim to be able to do high wattage, but their batteries are so small that functionally MTL only.

In the middle there is various stuff. Larger LiPos, smaller removable battery mods, everything in between. There are also squonkers, which are larger but have the squonk feature. They come in the same various types as well, just with a major size bump due to the squonk bottle.

Power level:
Power level is sort of a subset of size. More bigger batteries = more power

Features:
Ruggedness, efficiency, build quality, squonk, TC, touch screen, wireless charging, Bluetooth, the list goes on. I’m probably forgetting a few. More features make devices larger and more expensive and sometimes are mutually incompatible.

Cost: more money gets you more features.

Last edited:

ShrubOhm

Mar 23, 2019
Fl
So an APV mod with lockouts to lower confusion. This is exactly what I got for my sister. We can do this thing. Well even.

So different set of questions entirely

Size?
Power level?
Features?
Cost?

Size is a major variable. On the big end you’ve got ruggedized multiple battery mods like ageis legends that are a bit larger than a pack of 100s but much heavier. They’ve got power, versatility, and resistance to things like dropping. Not small though.

On the other end there are “tiny mods”. They are generally LiPo, which makes them disposable. They’re good for maybe a year and you have to throw out the whole thing. They may claim to be able to do high wattage, but their batteries are so small that functionally MTL only.

In the middle there is various stuff. Larger LiPos, smaller removable battery mods, everything in between. There are also squonkers, which are larger but have the squonk feature. They come in the same various types as well, just with a major size bump due to the squonk bottle.

Power level:
Power level is sort of a subset of size. More bigger batteries = more power

Features:
Ruggedness, efficiency, build quality, squonk, TC, touch screen, wireless charging, Bluetooth, the list goes on. I’m probably forgetting a few. More features make devices larger and more expensive and sometimes are mutually incompatible.

Cost: more money gets you more features.

As for size, I'd like it to be in the middle ground. I don't really care about huge clouds, and I want to be able to bring it around with me without being too cumbersome.

I'd prefer not to have to charge it every day. I do like the removable batteries, because I'd rather replace the battery when it dies rather than the whole mod.

For features, I like a few that I saw where you can set default modes. If I can figure out what I like then I can set it and not change it up anymore. I don't want to fly through all my juice by setting the wattage super high. I've seen some squonks I liked, but I'm not sure how to maintain those without having to know how to build coils. I don't care about touch screens or anything. I like a sleek look but durable.

As for price, I'm not looking to spend over 100 hopefully.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi. The Pico is a good, comfortable little mod. Quite light, too. The original (Pico 75) is getting a bit harder to find, but its replacement, the Pico X, has been out for a few months. They're both inexpensive, although neither takes tanks much bigger than 22mm in diameter. If you'd prefer to use a bigger 21700 battery, the Pico 21700 might still be around.

The tanks in the Pico kits are more suited to DL vaping. If you're interested in MTL, you might pick up the mod and choose another tank.

There's an Innokin kit that's popular here (the Kroma?), but the mod has a built-in battery. Its MTL tank is supposed to be quite good though.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
ShrubOhm, Goat RDA gets around building coils by using a cartridge. I believe that there are others on the market but I don't know. But they're geared towards DTL style vaping.

But a decent mod and tank combo that comes to mind for MTL is Vaporesso Armour Pro and Drizzle tank, but they have to be bought separately.

As using a 4000 mAh 21700 battery with MTL style vaping will last quite some time between charges.

And the EUC-MTL coils use Stainless Steel, so can even be used for TC/TCR/TC/Temperature Controlled vaping. And the CCell version lasts a decent amount of time and gives decent flavour, also packs of 5 can be bought at a reasonable price.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
As for size, I'd like it to be in the middle ground. I don't really care about huge clouds, and I want to be able to bring it around with me without being too cumbersome.

I'd prefer not to have to charge it every day. I do like the removable batteries, because I'd rather replace the battery when it dies rather than the whole mod.

For features, I like a few that I saw where you can set default modes. If I can figure out what I like then I can set it and not change it up anymore. I don't want to fly through all my juice by setting the wattage super high. I've seen some squonks I liked, but I'm not sure how to maintain those without having to know how to build coils. I don't care about touch screens or anything. I like a sleek look but durable.

As for price, I'm not looking to spend over 100 hopefully.

For most vapers, especially those newly switching from smoking, the battery on a single battery mod is going to have a requirement of changing/charging the battery once per day..

A dual battery mod with the least amount of bells and whistles is going to be made by Squid Industries. Few to no bells and whistles (which is a feature in this brand) greatly increases battery life, and with the Squid Industries Double Barrel when vaping low wattage MTL style the device will last 2 full days between charges, at minimum, if not double that.

It's definitely a pricier brand, but it does seem to be perfect for you and you do get what you pay for. It can sit up to a 25mm atomizer so any modern tank will work just fine as a topper.

Squid Industries_Double Barrel V3

I recommend the Innokin Zlide atomizer tank, it has a wide assortment of coils which fit, and Innokin is a mainstream and popular brand therefore coils should be easier to come across.

I do have to say this mod set up is a little more expensive than others, but it's worth it in the end, especially considering it fits exactly what your looking for...

Squid Industries Double Barrel V3 150W Mod

^^^ 84.95 w/free shipping

Innokin Zlide Vape Tank by Phil Busardo and VapinGreek – VaporDNA

^^ 24.95 plus shipping

Samsung INR18650-30Q 15A 3000mAh Flat Top 18650 Battery - Genuine - Wholesale Discount

^^^ 4.73 each (x 4)

XTAR VC4 Battery Charger

^^^ 14.99

Liion shipping = $10.00 aprox.

Total = aprox. $175.00 altogether with all costs including a 5 pack of replacement coils.

It's cheaper than a months worth of cigarettes and the mod should last you a couple years and holds its resale value well.

Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread