Not open for further replies.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Weird incident where I almost had a seizure. Something's whacky about some hormone (and it may be genetic, my mother has the same issue) and, apparently, I can dehydrate by drinking fluids. In fact, the more water I drink, the more dehydrated I can get.

Figures I'd find a disorder where things run in reverse!

Not the whole reason I dropped off ECF this time. I'm... well... just like that. Wander in and out of forums. I say I'm a bit like crab grass. You're never quite rid of me. I may disappear a while but I usually crop up again. :)

Anyway.

Interesting bit in this is that the VTR was with me. Now, the hospital has a "no vaping either" policy. But as they were pumping saline into me to beat the band, I had to wheel my IV machine into the bathroom often. And, heh, you know vaping don't "smell"? Got away with it for three days. Nobody had a clue.

Hah!

Redruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
Crawley, England
Weird incident where I almost had a seizure. Something's whacky about some hormone (and it may be genetic, my mother has the same issue) and, apparently, I can dehydrate by drinking fluids. In fact, the more water I drink, the more dehydrated I can get.

Figures I'd find a disorder where things run in reverse!

Not the whole reason I dropped off ECF this time. I'm... well... just like that. Wander in and out of forums. I say I'm a bit like crab grass. You're never quite rid of me. I may disappear a while but I usually crop up again. :)

Anyway.

Interesting bit in this is that the VTR was with me. Now, the hospital has a "no vaping either" policy. But as they were pumping saline into me to beat the band, I had to wheel my IV machine into the bathroom often. And, heh, you know vaping don't "smell"? Got away with it for three days. Nobody had a clue.

Hah!

Glad you're on the mend. Had to laugh, secretly vaping would be something I would do too. Always been a rebel lol

Good for you, happy vaping:)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Were you tested for low sodium? That could cause a wide range of weird symptoms.

Oh was I ever. Every eight hours, here came the needle.

Low sodium was the root of the thing. One of the hormones (I dunno, medical I ain't) that regulates the fluid in your blood went bonkers and wasn't dumping enough water so my blood was being basically diluted. What I've read (and haven't understood much of) is it's "dilutional hyponatremia". My sodium wasn't so much falling as the water level was rising. I was dehydrating because of too much water?

I dunno. It's weird. Then again, I'm weird. I come from a weird family. Maybe they're hiding a spaceship in the garage and are lying I was born in Houston...

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Sounds like SIADH, hope you feel better soon!

That's the term! SIADH.

I feel fine now. On fluid restrictions but feel better than the last couple of months. Apparently my sodium inched its way down over time. My mom has the problem but back before they found something that worked for her and stabilized the thing, she'd get loopy and pass out. So I had no idea what the heck was going on with me for a few weeks. I just felt run down and achy. Like severe allergies maybe. No fever so I didn't think "flu". But I got a relative to haul me to the ER fast one day when the world decided to wobble and I could barely get down a hallway without running into the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread