So little options to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyqaz

Jul 6, 2015
India
hello vapers,

I am currently a smoker just like most of your were at one point.
I have decided to make to switch to electronic cigarettes now.

The first e-cig I tried was a really crappy low quality generic e-cig which has like 5 cartridges that came bundled with it. It has a white colour battery with a led on the front which lit up from low to high as the ecig was puffed.
This one was bad, very bad taste, the liquid would basically come into the mouth and that really isn't a good taste.

Next I tried ITC - EON which is a one time use ecig with 250 puffs. I tried the original flavour and it was good, although in around 50 puffs in the thing started blinking.
Crap again.

It's hard to get a good ecig in India.

I have now done some research and have been able to make a shortlist of some kits and j would love your experienced opinions on these. Please keep in mind that most of the good, safe kits are not available here in India, those which are, are at an insane cost probably due to the heavy income tax levied on the product.

The following are the things I am currently considering.
I am open to any type of a system as long as it provides a good satisfaction.
Currently I'm at around 5-8 mild smokes daily.

1: Zaap E-Cig, "Classic tobacco rechargeable electronic cigarette"
DhiERI2.jpg

I haven't tried this yet, although the reviews on this product at flipkart are good.
I won't be able to put liquid juices in this as I am limited to just zaap made flavours I guess.

2: Lightjoy Light
moDIYQT.jpg

This is by lite joy India which I think also operates in the UK.

3: lite joy aerotank clearomiser:

Keep in mind that there are only a few things that are available in India and I am search of the most efficient system.
uis7f2A.jpg

If I'm not wrong, this is where the liquid is out and I would need to buy a battery. But is this a good buy? And if yes what battery do I need to buy with it?

4: lite joy ego t rechargeable battery:
bGAhBD9.jpg

Ok, would this work with the tank above. And now I would only need liquid.
I want to make sure that the liquid does not have the those additives that cause scarring in the lungs that are added with the juice in certain flavours (vannalin and that other one in pop corn) sorry I forgot the name of that chemical.
Which liquid does best with these two?

5: halo TriBeCa:
LlIBURL.jpg

This is a liquid I could get on Amazon India.
Would these go together, what would you recommend for a newbie? Should I just go with the zaap or the lite joy ?

thank you for reading this long post!
Really appreciate your views, insights and recommendations.

Best
Ray

Reactions: NealBJr

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Rayqaz!

I feel "spoiled" here in the US, as we do have a lot of choices available - I often forget that others have very limited selections.

The latter two - the Aerotank Mow and the eGo-T would be grand choices (IMO way better than the zaap and litejoy options.)

The clearomiser is refillable (with the Halo liquid you indicate, as well as any other like liquids.) The chemicals to which you're referring are diketones/acetonin/acetyl propynol. These are often found in custards/butters/vanillas, however, there are some liquids in these families which are diketone-free. I don't buy juices any more - make my own - and there are flavoring options which do not include (or have very minimal) diketones in them.

I think I've tried Tribeca once (I do prefer fruits, chocolates, vanillas, bakery flavors) but I have the ingredients to make a Tribeca clone. I'm curious to see what the rave is.

Back to the Mow tank - you will also need to consider replacement coils. That kind of tank is not "one-use", as long as you get replacement coils. How long between coil changes? Everyone is different. Basically, you'll get a sense that the flavor is off or the vapor production is not as good as it was at the beginning. That's basically the time you need to consider a new coil.

I'd strongly recommend two batteries and at least two tanks (along with a pack or two of coils.) That way, you can be charging one battery while using the other. And, one never knows when something gets dropped/broken, etc.

I wish you well - let us know what you decide!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @Reyqaz. The cig a likes (first 2) do not have a very successful quit rate. The Aerotank MOW is probably your best bet of the ones you have listed. I am not familiar with what is available in India or what you can get shipped in. I'd suggest looking at Fasttech in china for a wider array of options if you can import from there. My personal favorite to recommend to someone quitting the cigs is the Aspire Nautilus Mini and iStick 30 watt battery.

You'll want a backup battery and spare coils at the least with the MOW. You might need a stronger battery for the MOW, it uses a 1.8 ohm coil and the web recommends a spinner( variable voltage) or MOW battery. If there were a manner to know what is available it would make giving advice easier.

Good luck in your journey.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
Welcome Rayqaz!

I feel "spoiled" here in the US, as we do have a lot of choices available - I often forget that others have very limited selections.

The latter two - the Aerotank Mow and the eGo-T would be grand choices (IMO way better than the zaap and litejoy options.)

The clearomiser is refillable (with the Halo liquid you indicate, as well as any other like liquids.) The chemicals to which you're referring are diketones/acetonin/acetyl propynol. These are often found in custards/butters/vanillas, however, there are some liquids in these families which are diketone-free. I don't buy juices any more - make my own - and there are flavoring options which do not include (or have very minimal) diketones in them.

Back to the Mow tank - you will also need to consider replacement coils. That kind of tank is not "one-use", as long as you get replacement coils. How long between coil changes? Everyone is different. Basically, you'll get a sense that the flavor is off or the vapor production is not as good as it was at the beginning. That's basically the time you need to consider a new coil.

I'd strongly recommend two batteries and at least two tanks (along with a pack or two of coils.) That way, you can be charging one battery while using the other. And, one never knows when something gets dropped/broken, etc.

I wish you well - let us know what you decide!

Could not agree more! Out of those choices (I'm sorry it's so limiting for you) the Ego litejoy and MOW tank would be the best one.

blondie57

Moved On
Jul 6, 2015
hey there Reyqaz! Nice to meet you! Wow..you have really been doing your homework! Of all the options, I like the clearomizer and the 1000mah battery the best. I think most every new vaper started out with those kind that "look" like cigarettes...they are just ok...not very cost efficient...short batt life and needing to replace cartomizers....small eliquid capacity. I keep a few around for when I'm out in public when I want to be really discreet or not freak people out.....Eventho ecigs have been around a long time, I still turn heads when I'm puffin on my 1300 mah . I would suggest you do a little more research..you will be surprised how quickly you will outgrow your initial vaping gear....If available,check out some variable wattage batteries...The flavor in different Eliquids responds to different wattages...derived from the range of your battery source COMBINED with the COIL type (that heats up the eliquid) and its ohm resistance ...the tank you choose also needs to complement the coil and battery wattage as well as the screw threading from battery to coil/atomizer to tank. Think of it like shifting gears in a car...First gear will only work well for a certain range...second also..third,etc etc...If you get a battery that only goes to first or second gear, you will not be able to experience flavors that shine at higher wattages. Kanger/MIGCIG/Volcano just a few manufacturers that make Variable Wattage batteries. I am a big fan of a Nautilus Mini ..it's still a simple tank and coil system, but very responsive to variable wattage. Sorry for the long post...hope I have not confused you too much! You can sink alot of cash into chasing the next shiney vaping set up...better to save your money, do some more research and get what suits YOUR needs. Any questions, we are all here to help! There are threads dedicated to just about every type of set up you can imagine. Good Luck ..and keep on vapin'!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't recommend the cigarette kind, unless it's all you can get/afford, in which case it's better than cigarettes. They taste terrible, as you know. But they're not tobacco, so that's good. The battery and tank you picture I know nothing about, but they look like they were made for each other. Most of us like better/more powerful gear, but again, if it's all you can get, it's a lot better than nothing and a huge improvement on the top one. Me not knowing the brand is not significant; a lot of the eGo-type gear is rebranded anyway. They just stick a new label on it. You may find you want 2 batteries; that kind can not be vaped while it's charging. If you vape a lot, you'll be stuck without while you're waiting. A 1000mAh battery is not particularly long lasting.

All e-cigs use a wick and coil assembly of some type. The wick transports the juice to the coil, which heats it and makes the vapor. These do not last forever. The coil burns out, or the wick plugs up, or the coil burns the wick and it starts to taste bad. They will last a week to a month, depending on how much you use it and the juice you pick. Some of them are disposable, you throw it away, tank and all, and use a new one. The tank pictured looks like it will instead use disposable coils; that is you will replace the coil only, and keep using the rest of the tank. Whichever this may be, a source of supply of them will he required. If those are on Amazon, then Amazon will certainly sell the replacement you need, since they won't sell many without.

The Halo juice you picture is good quality, American manufactured using top quality, government inspected ingredients and is available in hundreds of flavors and different nicotine strengths. You don't say how much you smoke. If 10 cigs a day, try starting with 6%/6mg nicotine in your juice; 20 = 12mg; 40 = 18mg; more = 24-36mg. I suggest you order a flavor sample pack from Halo, to try different ones. Finding a flavor you like and in the nic strength you need is important. You are unlikely to be able to quit without. If it is lawful in your country to buy/possess the necessary chemical fluids, making your own juice is an option and much cheaper. This forum has a whole section devoted to DIY juice. I make my own. It requires careful measuring, but is not hard.

Last, if you find you want better equipment/juice than is commonly available in your country, many people on this board will help you get it, including me, provided you don't ask us to break the law. It will still be expensive. You'll have to buy what you want and pay the taxes, duties, shipping, insurance, whatever. But it can be done. Making a trip to the post office for a fellow cigarette quitter two or three times a year is not a lot to ask. You might find a supplier in the "forum suppliers" section of this board who will work with you as well.

Welcome to the board, and I hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: blondie57

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I will third or fourth recommend an Ego styled battery, and preferably one that has variable voltage/wattage. I will explain why they don't recommend the cigarette types.

The e-cigs that are the same size as a cigarette (cigalikes) generally have tiny batteries. Not only do those tiny batteries not last very long, but they don't supply enough power to fully satisfy you. I smoked a pack per day, and when I first tried those cigalikes I would go through three or four of those batteries. Not only that, but the price of replaceable cartridges were high, and you had to buy from that manufacturer since nothing else fit. I went to something that was refillable and used a standard connector.

I went to an ego battery. That pretty much got me to quit. It was bigger than a regular cigarette, and I could refill it with E-juice instead of throwing away cartridge after cartridge. Two batteries are recommended, since you cannot vape most of the ego batteries while they're charging.

That is why I stepped up to a Vamo. It had batteries that can be charging seperately while you vape. This is what made me an official ecig user. Although there are better solutions now than the Vamo, I don't think going with a Vamo or another one of these devices is a good choice for a beginner.

If you can find a local place that sells something like this Vision Spinner type, then buy locally. The prices will be higher than what you can get online, but you don't have to wait months for you to get them. An Aerotank mini style would fit good on that device, but there are several atomizers that work well with that.

There are several options. definately do more research. The cigalikes do have their uses.. for someone who has already quit smoking, they're a great alternative to keep them off of cigarettes. But, I believe they're not strong enough to get someone to fully quit.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Anything that looks like a plastic cigarette will be bad, however, if you really only smoke half a packet or less, you have a chance.
They are unlikely to be 'satisfying' to vape.

I spent $800 on cig-a-likes. I did not stop smoking. I smoked 15 a day at the time I discovered e-cigs.

Two extra comments.

1. DO NOT TRUST ALL REVIEWS, unless the review is on a place (internet site) where there is no money to be made from recommendations. The world is full of fake review sites and reviews driven by commission sales. The "top reviewed US brand" which advertises on 200 fake review sites charges $120 for a $30 e-cig.

2. Litejoy (UK) are the worst brand for over-pricing their products. Now, it may be that in other countries, Litejoy are owned and operated by different people, but make no mistake - as a brand, they are interested in only one thing - your money... and as much of it as they can take.
They were the company that charged £99.99 for a £24.99 mod... and priced their refills at 250% more expensive than all the other brands.
Maybe they are cheap elsewhere, of course.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I don't know what your import laws are in India but there are places you can order online like Vapor-Hub.com, FastTech, vape mall etc. If you are looking for a good starter kit look towards Ego-one or if you want something that is like a cig-a-like the joyetech e-roll is discrete and you can replace coils and refill using your own liquid choice versus pre-made cartridge style like the Zaap one you show in your post. If you want something more customizable look towards a sub-box mini starter kit and get a Samsung 25r battery. An eleaf I-Stick 30 watt with a subtank nano is a nice rig too. There is always e-bay if they ship to India I don't know what the customs laws are so you might research that and then look into making your purchases online. I wish you luck and let us know how you make out.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Anything that looks like a plastic cigarette will be bad, however, if you really only smoke half a packet or less, you have a chance.
They are unlikely to be 'satisfying' to vape.

I spent $800 on cig-a-likes. I did not stop smoking. I smoked 15 a day at the time I discovered e-cigs.

Two extra comments.

1. DO NOT TRUST ALL REVIEWS, unless the review is on a place (internet site) where there is no money to be made from recommendations. The world is full of fake review sites and reviews driven by commission sales. The "top reviewed US brand" which advertises on 200 fake review sites charges $120 for a $30 e-cig.

2. Litejoy (UK) are the worst brand for over-pricing their products. Now, it may be that in other countries, Litejoy are owned and operated by different people, but make no mistake - as a brand, they are interested in only one thing - your money... and as much of it as they can take.
They were the company that charged £99.99 for a £24.99 mod... and priced their refills at 250% more expensive than all the other brands.
Maybe they are cheap elsewhere, of course.

I agree with that. One thing I look for a site, is I look for negative reviews. There will ALWAYS be some negative reviews on a product. I look at reviews with an open mind. You can't please all the people all the time. A good site will list both the bad with the good reviews. I just now went to the cigalike that I tried, and out of their cigalike products, they have two reviews, and both are 5 star reviews.... this is after being released for over 3 years.

When trying to look at reviews about ZAAP that the original poster put up, a bunch of warning signs go off. First, his links to Flipkart were questionable. Only the first name for most users, and all seem like real Indian names. There are no Nicknames, or handles. All reviews are 4/5 stars, All reviews are within a 1 month period, and the Ccapitalization is consistent from one review to another. They all say ZAAP and not Zaap, or zaap, They capitalize the first letters like Awesome, Great, etc. All are in perfectly spelled english, and all reviews say they are helpful %100. The reviews seem padded.

It is so hard to find a good honest review on a particular cigalike. The internet is flooded with sales and fake sites. The best thing to do is to find someone who uses it and ask them..then find someone who's tried it and doesn't use it. Get both sides of the story. I haven't tried that brand particularly, but like what you said, do not trust all reviews.

Until then, take this into consideration:
Cigalikes do not have large batteries.. it is physically impossible with today's technology Expect 2 hours uses.

Cigalikes probably require more nicotine content to make up for lack of quantity of vapor... which reduces the amount of vapor in the process.

Cigalikes do not have the flavor that larger ecigs can have. That can be a good thing or a bad thing.. just don't expect a wonderfully flavorful experience.

Cigalikes are designed to sell their cartriges. When you buy one, expect to pay for the refills. Look at the refill prices before deciding.

If a cigalike sells a larger battery, get competitive prices. Chances are, they're overpricing the battery.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If a cigalike sells a larger battery, get competitive prices. Chances are, they're overpricing the battery.

This is SO important. A 'popular' brand of e-cigs that gets inadvertent free links by the software on ECF (you know who I mean, it has a V and a 2 in the name) sells an after-market battery for it's cartomizer (beginners) system. It is $40 for a 280mAh cig-a-like battery.
and people buy them. $40 should buy a VV/VW mod with a chip in and over 2,000mAh to power your vaping.
It's crazy... they just keep on coming (these brands) and people just keep on buying. It's all fueled (that word has a double meaning, in this instance) by biased reviews and obscene commission. The top reviews recommend the brands that pay them the most. It is a fake as fake can be.

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
Midlands, UK
I just did a little bit of research into online Indian suppliers, nothing fancy, just some googling and online currency conversion. It looks like a lot of the good kit we are used to is actually available in India, but you are right that the prices are not good (e.g. the equivalent of UK £30 for the nautilus mini, £50 for the cool fire IV mod).

Reactions: djsvapour

Reyqaz

Jul 6, 2015
India
Firstly, thank you all for your replies! It's been very enlightening reading about all the different systems available out there!
I am taking time each and every one of your posts, shipping to India is possible but that would be at an huge expense on shipping + insurance. I will update will looking for the recommendations given by all of you and post back soon,
Have a great day / night!

Rey

Reactions: Train2

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hi guys,

So what are your opinions on this cool fire IV mod : Authentic Innokin COOL FIRE IV 2000mah VV / VW Box Mod / 40W / Full Oled Screen | eBay Mobile

This is quite a steep investment for me, but is it worth the ₹?
also which liquid do you recommend with this one, thanks a lot

The Coolfire IV has gotten very good reviews. Here is one that is very detailed:

Halo Torque56 and Tribeca are some of my favorite e-liquids. If you can get replacement coils for the Kanger Aero Mow, I'd use that with the Coolfire IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread