So many clones! .. How about this partricular Kayfun Lite / Svoemesto version >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I am planning on changing from a AeroTank to a rebuildable kayfun Lite. Going to mount it on top of a Caravela mod (clone).

How about this kayfun Lite with svoemesto logo ($34 + Free Shipping from California) ... Kayfun Lite with Clear Tank Full Logo The Best There Is No Thread Leak | eBay

The seller claims: "This is not FastTech, Tobeco or Hcigar" ... He claims this clone he is selling is better ... maybe he's right, but maybe he's wrong? :)

With all these clones out there (to include various different clones of the Kayfun Lite), I don't know a better quality clone from an inferior one.

What do you think of this clone I found on eBay?

$_3.JPG
$_3.JPG
$_3.JPG

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
He's had 5 negative feedback comments - this year alone.

Yup ... I just saw that. Thanks for posting

I think I will give this seller the wave-off

As far as clones of this Kayfun Lite, are there some better than others? ... Any idea as to who is selling a good clone?

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Also keep in mind this is not the '+' model clone, which I prefer due to the better airflow over the KFL. I'm not familiar with this clone but I have tried both ther TOBECO and EHPRO clones and the EHPRO model (KFL+) is worlds above the TOBECO in quality and usability. I bought a second one because I liked it so much!

I bought my last one from this guy: Kayfun Lite Plus Clone by Ehpro Stainless Steel w Adjustable Airflow RBA | eBay for $35 shipped. The price is jacked right now as he explained he is waiting for a restock. I want another, lol.

Last edited:

AR15Keith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
Also keep in mind this is not the '+' model clone, which I prefer due to the better airflow over the KFL. I'm not familiar with this clone but I have tried both ther TOBECO and EHPRO clones and the EHPRO model (KFL+) is worlds above the TOBECO in quality and usability. I bought a second one because I liked it so much!

I bought my last one from this guy: Kayfun Lite Plus Clone by Ehpro Stainless Steel w Adjustable Airflow RBA | eBay for $35 shipped. The price is jacked right now as he explained he is waiting for a restock. I want another, lol.

I got that one too. It is great. Works perfect and great fit and finish. He needs to re-up his stock. I want another one too!! I have a real KFL+ on the way but I only want to fork out the money for one. I like the fact that the one in the link posted comes with a full size see through tank.

Last edited:

jchamb2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Cleburne, tx
I have both the EHpro KFL+ and the Tobeco KFL+, and find that they are both excellent quality. I wasn't too happy with my first Tobeco Aqua clone, but the KFL+ that I just got has been outstanding from the start. Really the only difference I can see between the two is that the EHpro has a flathead screw for the air adjustment and a "frosted" center tank section. The tobeco has the hex screw for the air adjustment and a clear center tank section.

Both were smooth as silk in the threading, and had beautiful finishes, and both produce an outstanding vape with lots of flavor. I don't know if all the Tobecos are this good now, but the one I got certainly was.

YuckMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Minnesota

I got this one before the price went up too. I also have a genuine KFL+ and R91. This EHpro is every bit as good as the originals. The top o-ring might even be better, it's a bit recessed into the top cap. It's harder to get out, but a lot harder to lose too. The draw is a bit tight on it though, but not too tight for my liking.

moogvo

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Cameron, NC
I bought this. 2 of them actually. One of them came from the seller mentioned in the OP. The other one is identical and came from another seller. I got the second one cheaper by about $7.00. I got both of them within a week of the date I bought them.

The original one came with a mini phillips screwdriver. The second one did not. I have had no problems with either of them. They work fine and make clouds of vapor. The machining on both of them is a bit rough. Not nearly as smooth as the Provari I use. There are burrs here and there and the threads feel a bit rough, but it works, screws shut and does not leak. I imagine that the threads will loosen up after some use.

In any case, I had good luck buying from the seller mentioned in the OP.

***EDIT***

I fill mine thru the screw hole on the bottom. I don't have a needle tip. I use a glass dropper from the bottle and it works fine. It is sort of a pain to keep up with that little screw tho. Drop it and you have a parts unit because you will probably never find it.

Last edited:

bludogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Arizona
With all these clones out there (to include various different clones of the Kayfun Lite), I don't know a better quality clone from an inferior one.

$_3.JPG
$_3.JPG
$_3.JPG

The svoemesto emblazoning is off-putting on a clone...and the real devices don't have it...

The fill well looks weird and the screw does not appear to fit in it correctly, nor does it appear to have a grommet for seal. Looks like a tapered head. You can't see into the top cap as shown. The chimney top looks much wider than on my KFL+. My worry is that there is no o-ring in the top cap, or that it's a wierd fit up there.

You can see the taper of the upper chimney from the downward shot in the pic supplied. It's impossible to see anything but where the upper chimney connects to the lower chimney/chamber from straight on with a real KFL+ or decent clone. You wouldn't be able to see anything but the lower chimney/chamber from that angle. This suggests the lower chimney is actually really short in this clone. You can see this again in the dissassembled pieces pic with the lower chimney next to the deck. Seems like the coils would practically be touching the top of the chimney assembly. I dunno how that would perform and would seem problematic.

The channels look huge, which could be a good or bad thing, but definitely different.

I dunno if it is good or not, but the dimensions seem all wrong and it might be worth noting that none of these pieces may be compatible with any other KF(L)(+) or decent 1:1 clone.

Honestly I would recommend just plocking down the money on KFL+ or Russian 91%. It seems like a lot, and they are definitely sold at an inflated premium, but you know what you are going to get rather than potentially flushing 30-40 dollars.

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Thanks everyone for all the info and comments ... Here is what happened;

I bought a Kayfun clone on ebay. Come to find out that it was cut with 4 very wide and deep juice channels. I could not ever stop that clone from flooding no matter how I made the wick.

So, I got fed-up with the whole situation and bought an authentic Kayfun Lite Plus (v2) from 'InTaste' in Germany.

No problems at all anymore.

The only thing I didn't like too much about the authentic Kayfun is the new style drip tip they are now using, so I replaced it with the one you see in the photo below.

Also, I get better results out of this atomizer by using Lily Sugar' n Cream white cotton yarn instead of cotton balls.

IMG_0002.jpg

Kayfun1a.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread