So many flavors, so little time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road_House

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
SE PA
I dove into DIY head first, no looking back now. Put 3-120 ml glass bottles of 60 mg nic in vacuum sealed bags in the freezer, one more vacuum sealed in the closet and 1 unsealed for immediate use, along with about 40 flavors.

Most are TFA flavors with a few FA thrown in. I've had a few winners so far ready to vape right away such as Dragonfruit, Orange Creamsicle, Chai Tea, Pina Colada but a few drain openers as well :p

The Tiramisu at 12% tasted like burnt bacon off a roadkill carcass and my attempt at coffee at 10% tasted kinda like coffee but the kind that you find at the bottom of the pot just before it goes dry after being on the burner a few hours, even with the addition of some Bavarian Crème and Cotton Candy sweetener. Started at 5% coffee 5% Bavarian and 3% Cotton Candy and tested on a Phoenix rba. The coffee flavor seemed muted (50 pg/50 vg) so I went to 10% with the coffee and ended up with burnt flavor. Any advice for a good coffee mix?

It's definitely a learning process as far as what flavors are good for a main flavor, which ones are best as a complimentary flavor at lower percentages, which ones are weaker or overpowering. Seems like the fruity and spicy ones are more forgiving and easy to get a good result.

If I can get a nice mellow coffee and a mild, sweet nutty tobacco going I'll have 6 good flavors to hold me over while I tinker with the rest. Any advice or recipes would be much appreciated. Thanks !

0519131110.jpg

TheElectrician

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2009
Orange County, CA
I dove into DIY head first, no looking back now. Put 3-120 ml glass bottles of 60 mg nic in vacuum sealed bags in the freezer, one more vacuum sealed in the closet and 1 unsealed for immediate use, along with about 40 flavors.

Most are TFA flavors with a few FA thrown in. I've had a few winners so far ready to vape right away such as Dragonfruit, Orange Creamsicle, Chai Tea, Pina Colada but a few drain openers as well :p

The Tiramisu at 12% tasted like burnt bacon off a roadkill carcass and my attempt at coffee at 10% tasted kinda like coffee but the kind that you find at the bottom of the pot just before it goes dry after being on the burner a few hours, even with the addition of some Bavarian Crème and Cotton Candy sweetener. Started at 5% coffee 5% Bavarian and 3% Cotton Candy and tested on a Phoenix RBA. The coffee flavor seemed muted (50 pg/50 vg) so I went to 10% with the coffee and ended up with burnt flavor. Any advice for a good coffee mix?

It's definitely a learning process as far as what flavors are good for a main flavor, which ones are best as a complimentary flavor at lower percentages, which ones are weaker or overpowering. Seems like the fruity and spicy ones are more forgiving and easy to get a good result.

If I can get a nice mellow coffee and a mild, sweet nutty tobacco going I'll have 6 good flavors to hold me over while I tinker with the rest. Any advice or recipes would be much appreciated. Thanks !

View attachment 211559

Lmao @ your discription of tiramisu!!!:D

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Thanks Hoosier. Read the blogs. So when the initial mix smells "right" it is often already over flavored? Hmmmmm interesting.

Nice list on the TFA flavoring thread for suggested percentages. Coffee wasn't listed though :(

Nope. It should say if it smells good, but tastes bad, it is over flavored.

If it smells good and tastes good, it's good. The smells good but tastes bad is way to tell if you are too light or too strong as it can be tough to tell when you're over flavored by just taste alone.

Yeah, I like that coffee isn't listed. Hate the stuff. My sister drinks it and she's really off so there has to be a correlation there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread