So my mom thinks my e cig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilBeast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My dad who was a smoker for about 30 some years finally started vaping after he saw how successful I was with quitting smoking with it. While he still smokes
he has reduced the number of ciggs to about half of what he used to smoke.One the reasons he still smokes is that he told me he feels self-conscious about using his e-cig (ego style) out in public and around people. Its just wrong that everyone wants people to stop smoking but only if its done in a way they like. There's finally a way for people break free from smoking but the public is making it seem like its a shameful and ridiculous act. I honestly think that's holding back a lot people from trying e-cigs and seeing just how helpful and useful they can be.

Last edited:

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
My adult "kids" refuse to be seen with me, their geezer dad when I'm vaping my e-pipe. :)

My daughters don't mind the reo's, but they shake their heads when the see the little purple army on our dining table. They are so glad that I've quit after 40 years of smoking. :D

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
My daughters don't mind the reo's, but they shake their heads when the see the little purple army on our dining table. They are so glad that I've quit after 40 years of smoking. :D
Hey Keith! 40 years for yours truly as well.

Daughter: "Put that down. A cop is pulling alongside us!"
Me: "Why? You know it's just an e-cig that looks like a pipe."
Daughter: "Yes, but it looks like something else!"
Cop: Waves through car window as light turns green and drives off.

Damned kids are on our tails to quit and when we finally do...can't please 'em. :D

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

Damned kids are on our tails to quit and when we finally do...can't please 'em. :D

LOL - love it!

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
I haven't had any looks so far but nobody around here cares what I do which is nice :) then again I don't do it much outside, I really don't like vaping outside very much. strange? I dunno, I really enjoy being able to let the vapor cloud around me and smell it without it whisking away in the breeze :)
It's kind of fun to be vaping outside away from any businesses or houses and have someone downwind say, "Why am I smelling cake?" haha

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA

It's ironic that all their pleas when they were growing up didn't work. I was looking for an alternative to smoking in my then brand new truck - you know that no matter how careful you are, you always end up with burn marks in the carpet and upholstery plus ashes everywhere.
Started with cig-alikes, discovered 808's and t3's, found ecf, and fell into this den of iniquity. 10 months later = 3 reo's, hana mini, 'vari mini, and a small collection of NT liquids. :facepalm:

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
It's ironic that all their pleas when they were growing up didn't work. I was looking for an alternative to smoking in my then brand new truck - you know that no matter how careful you are, you always end up with burn marks in the carpet and upholstery plus ashes everywhere.
Started with cig-alikes, discovered 808's and t3's, found ecf, and fell into this den of iniquity. 10 months later = 3 reo's, hana mini, 'vari mini, and a small collection of NT liquids. :facepalm:
Are vaping paths are so similar it's uncanny.
Plenty of "gear" crap myself and yes... a nice big-assed burn hole in the seat of my new Ford F-150. :( And damn ECF. One of my kids had to forego college because if this joint. Oh well, I keep telling her the tips are good at iHOP.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Apparently I am one of the rare people who are fortunate enough not to receive any major crap from anyone about vaping. A little bit of background since I am new to this sub-forum: I am 22 years old (4 year ex-smoker) and I have been vaping since mid-May ('14) and have been smober [emoji4] since June 4 (older sisters birthday, since was my biggest supporter to quit who didn't nag and the dates lined up pretty well). I also started working at my local B&M mid-June thanks to sisters' boyfriend who works there and got me set up with my MVP2. He even loaned me one of his mechs and rdas to learn on about 3 weeks ago.

Anyways, my parents and very old fashioned grandma (who I live with) have absolutely no problem with me vaping and have never even gotten onto me about vaping in their houses (besides the one time gma had a bad reaction to the vapor from a particular juice, and I immeadiately stopped using that flavor around her). I guess they are just stoked to see me off of the cancer sticks. I am more of a homebody and hardly go out in public, and I have never vaped inside any public place (except in a movie theater on a date, there were only two old ladies and they left about 5 minutes into 22 Jump Street), but when I am outside or in my car I blow clouds, especially on the mech [emoji6]. Most people don't even give me a second look, even when my car gets foggy when my windows are up.

When I see a cop while driving, the rebellious 20-something inside of me grabs my mod (if not already in hand) and makes sure to chuck clouds to see if I will get any reaction. I have never noticed any funny looks or been stopped though. Living in rural NC (argueably the tobacco capital of America), you would think they would be considered taboo, but I suppose not.

The funniest story I have, is the time I pulled into a gas station down the road, and getting back into my car I started to soak my wicks. The people behind me were buying some dutches or white owls (I am sure most know the primary use for those -_-), so I figured they would appreciate a major cloud. As they got into their car I took a huge lung hit and chucked the cloud out the window. Everyone in the car was like D*mmmmmn, and I just grinned. I was like "Milk n Honey e-juice" which is what I was vaping on that day.

I suppose I will end this reply because it is getting rather lengthy, but I would like to note I placed my first order from NT and I am stoked to try it! Also, I apparently love to use and abuse parenthesis (spelling?), so I appologize if it is hard to read with all my pauses for explinations. Looking forward to spending much more time on the sub-forum and thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
On Sunday my mom insisted all my e cigs got smaller, lol! I said, no, those are the exact same things you objected to last time. She tried to argue with me about it but finally gave up. Both my parents still think this is nuts so I don't think I'll be gettind dad off cigars.
Ah well, you know that saying: you can't please all of the people..... :laugh:

I had one or two comments from my husband and one of our sons about why hadn't I stopped using e cigs by now! Tried to explain, even the reduction in nicotine gradually, realised it was a case of some falling on stony ground and just said, "OK then, you want me to start smoking again?" ....silence! :D

Wouldn't care, but my husband likes the smell of a lot of my flavours! :rolleyes:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I may be vaping a long time, and possibly forever. I'm dropping my nic though. Wish I could afford 6mg to match all my leftover 18mg ones, but getting close to using them up.
It's the getting there, or where you want to be that counts - :)

I'm not breaking my neck to get to zero, but I do have quite a few of the same in .6 and zero that I mix, and some .3 & .4.

No matter how ill I was, when I smoked, I still had cigarettes.
Last week, I was so ill one day that I couldn't face using my e-cigs etc. I didn't even miss the nicotine, and that surprised me!

I don't have plans to stop or continue either ...just take it as it comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread