So my mom thinks my e cig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
I've been waiting for somebody to start preaching to me about how dangerous vaping is - just so I can say something like "Oh, you're one of the ignorant idiots who believes everything you see on TV!" :)

I use my REO everywhere I go and don't give a second thought about what anybody thinks of it. I'm not one of the fools who makes a big scene by vaping in grocery stores, restaurants, theaters, etc., but I vape where and when it's courteous to do so. None of my non-smoking friends mind if I vape in their houses or cars (I always ask first), whereas they would have thrown a fit if I had ever lit up a cigarette in their living room! We were over at a friend's house for dinner the other night and one of the (many!) advantages of vaping reared its head...one of the guys had to keep sneaking outside for cigarettes, while I sat in the living room blowing clouds! :) He'd get up from his chair and leave the conversation, eyeing me kinda enviously as he grabbed his cigarettes and headed outside.

My parents have passed on, but I know that my mom (a lifelong smoker who died from cancer and smoked right up to her last day on this earth) would be overjoyed if she knew that I had quit smoking. My dad (a lifelong smoker who died of complications related to COPD) would be happy and proud also. Both of them urged me to quit prior to their deaths. My wife (a nonsmoker) is very happy and supportive also. She gave me a bit of guff about it at first because of the initial expense when I was buying mods and juice like they were going out of style, but when I said "I could always just go back to smoking!", she relented. She doesn't mind the vapor at all and is over the moon happy about the fact that our house and cars don't smell like dirty ashtrays anymore.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    My parents have both seen me Vape now. They don't mind it, and they believe me when I say that it's better than smoking. I find it rather fun to Vape while my dad is smoking a cigar. My Vape even gets bigger clouds than his real cigar and it makes me snicker.
    I wish I could get my coworkers to Vape. I even went to the trouble of picking out and delivering a rig + juice to a friend and he never uses it. Whenever they try mine they just start coughing real bad and give it back like no thx. Heh.

Pictor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2009
    UK
    Vertigo is :( Hope you feel better soon.
    Oh, thank you! Yes, it really is horrible.
    Meds finally seem to be helping a little, but trying to sleep all night in one position is painful! Still awake at 3.45am today.

Never mind ...I'm keeping my hopes up that it settles back down pretty soon :)

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2013
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    My take out of the house vape setup - is VAMO 5 with an Aerotank - in 18650 mode - I really don't care what others think as far as my vaping - if it is a non-smoking facility - I don't vape - but if no one minds I vape away -- I have never been pulled over but I have had several of the local PoPo's drive beside me for a while watching - I just continue what I do best - Vape. If they want to pull me over and talk about it I will be glad to give them an education in Vaping.

Don't be shy about vaping - believe me smokers are not shy about smoking!!

Shipmonster

Aug 13, 2014
    Paradise
    ^that made me think to mention - couldn't begin to tell you how many people come into my office just as the vapor is no longer visible and say how good it smells :)

Like I tell people when they stop into my office. Oh it's my "air freshener."

Yes it's flavored like a doughnut shop....mixed with a candy shop.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    THIS is one of the reasons why I will stick with my Vision Spinners and various clearomizers!

Thankfully, I'm finally starting to see more and more people here in NYC with eGo/clearo combinations, but I *never ever* see anyone around here with any kind of mod, therefore any type of box or light-saber-looking thing is bound to attract some unwanted negative attention from strangers & law enforcement (IMO). Believe it or not, I still get crazy looks from people when I use my eGo. Another negative would be having to give up some of my purse space to carry these things around with me and *that* is more important to me than the quest for the perfect vape.

My eGo Spinners range from 400mah to 1600mah and I can carry them rather comfortably & compactly. I have a wide range of clearomizers to choose from that will work with these batteries, so I am happy with this set up. I just want to be able to charge up, load up, and go. Lately, I find myself using bottom coil clearos more & more, since it is far easier to change out a coil on those, than on the top coil clearos. Just turn them upside down inside a shot glass, change out the coil, top off the liquid, and go about my day. Boom, done... No muss, no fuss!

I started vaping in order to quit smoking, not to start a hobby. I have no desire to rebuild, drip, and I don't even bother pimping out my set up. I don't need girly glitz/bling or fancy drip tips. The most 'girly' I get is a Rainbow Spinner with a matching colored clearo on top. I don't even bother changing out the standard drip tips in the newer ProTanks/Evods/T3Ds, despite being able to. Why? I never wanted to decorate my packs of cigarettes & my lighters when I smoked and these are no different to me.

If others have the time, money, creativity, and desire to use the more advanced personal vaporizers, good for them. As it is, I have a pile of coils that I haven't even gotten around to dry burning yet, so switching over to mods/drippers would be an epic fail for me. Call me lazy, if you want, but this is what has worked for me for over a year and a half. :)

Debbie

Last edited:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2013
    Arvada, CO
    Oh, thank you! Yes, it really is horrible.
    Meds finally seem to be helping a little, but trying to sleep all night in one position is painful! Still awake at 3.45am today.

Never mind ...I'm keeping my hopes up that it settles back down pretty soon :)

One of the fun things about having MS is having vertigo 24/7 since 2008. I'm living on a tilt-a-whirl ride! :p

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2013
    Arvada, CO
    My take out of the house vape setup - is VAMO 5 with an Aerotank - in 18650 mode - I really don't care what others think as far as my vaping - if it is a non-smoking facility - I don't vape - but if no one minds I vape away -- I have never been pulled over but I have had several of the local PoPo's drive beside me for a while watching - I just continue what I do best - Vape. If they want to pull me over and talk about it I will be glad to give them an education in Vaping.

Don't be shy about vaping - believe me smokers are not shy about smoking!!

I was riding down the road vaping my car thick with vape on my MVP2 and there was a car of smokers next to me going :blink: and it was snowing hard and I'm all warm and toasty so at a light they flagged me to roll down my window and asked what I was doing so gave them a quick instruction on vaping. I could see one of the people going "Hmmmmm....." but everyone else in the car acted like I was some sort of crazy self-destructive weirdo. Whatever, I rolled my window back up and continued down the road warm and dry...:evil:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2013
    Arvada, CO
    THIS is one of the reasons why I will stick with my Vision Spinners and various clearomizers!

Thankfully, I'm finally starting to see more and more people here in NYC with eGo/clearo combinations, but I *never ever* see anyone around here with any kind of mod, therefore any type of box or light-saber-looking thing is bound to attract some unwanted negative attention from strangers & law enforcement (IMO). Believe it or not, I still get crazy looks from people when I use my eGo. Another negative would be having to give up some of my purse space to carry these things around with me and *that* is more important to me than the quest for the perfect vape.

My eGo Spinners range from 400mah to 1600mah and I can carry them rather comfortably & compactly. I have a wide range of clearomizers to choose from that will work with these batteries, so I am happy with this set up. I just want to be able to charge up, load up, and go. Lately, I find myself using bottom coil clearos more & more, since it is far easier to change out a coil on those, than on the top coil clearos. Just turn them upside down inside a shot glass, change out the coil, top off the liquid, and go about my day. Boom, done... No muss, no fuss!

I started vaping in order to quit smoking, not to start a hobby. I have no desire to rebuild, drip, and I don't even bother pimping out my set up. I don't need girly glitz/bling or fancy drip tips. The most 'girly' I get is a Rainbow Spinner with a matching colored clearo on top. I don't even bother changing out the standard drip tips in the newer ProTanks/Evods/T3Ds, despite being able to. Why? I never wanted to decorate my packs of cigarettes & my lighters when I smoked and these are no different to me.

If others have the time, money, creativity, and desire to use the more advanced personal vaporizers, good for them. As it is, I have a pile of coils that I haven't even gotten around to dry burning yet, so switching over to mods/drippers would be an epic fail for me. Call me lazy, if you want, but this is what has worked for me for over a year and a half. :)

Debbie

Hey, if it keeps you off smokes it's just perfect!! :thumb:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    I was riding down the road vaping my car thick with vape on my MVP2 and there was a car of smokers next to me going :blink: and it was snowing hard and I'm all warm and toasty so at a light they flagged me to roll down my window and asked what I was doing so gave them a quick instruction on vaping. I could see one of the people going "Hmmmmm....." but everyone else in the car acted like I was some sort of crazy self-destructive weirdo. Whatever, I rolled my window back up and continued down the road warm and dry...:evil:

oh how I look forward to this - not that I don't like the cold (I'm a weird one, I do love cold air) but going out constantly in -20 weather for a smoke, or having my window down in that kind of temperature while driving was brutal. this winter will be so awesome :D

edit - not to mention no more red hands!! i can wear full gloves and vape!! :d :d :D

Pictor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2009
    UK
    One of the fun things about having MS is having vertigo 24/7 since 2008. I'm living on a tilt-a-whirl ride! :p
    It's a pain isn't it!
    I can cope with the normal being careful how I move - been that way for 3 years this time with a bad spell a year ago, but this past week has been the sort that makes me physically ill - couldn't even move my eyes for hours last Wednesday.
    Thankfully, it's starting to settle enough that I can work.

So sorry you've had to put up with it permanently for such a long time! :(

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2013
    Arvada, CO
    It's a pain isn't it!
    I can cope with the normal being careful how I move - been that way for 3 years this time with a bad spell a year ago, but this past week has been the sort that makes me physically ill - couldn't even move my eyes for hours last Wednesday.
    Thankfully, it's starting to settle enough that I can work.

So sorry you've had to put up with it permanently for such a long time! :(

Yeah, the worst part is no being able to read a book. I used to go through several books a week at least...I miss it so much!! :unsure: Long posts on the forum is hell, I have to hold something under the line I'm reading or my eyes fly all over the place.

Pictor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2009
    UK
    Yeah, the worst part is no being able to read a book. I used to go through several books a week at least...I miss it so much!! :unsure: Long posts on the forum is hell, I have to hold something under the line I'm reading or my eyes fly all over the place.
    Thankfully, I don't have that all the time!
    This past week, laying down and getting up in the morning are not good, even though I get help to sit up. Can't read before I go to sleep, can't use the computer easily for a good few hours after I get up ...sit a couple of feet back from the keyboard :laugh:

I like to read before sleep to empty my mind of 'stuff' ...hence me fitfully dozing until around 4am today with back ache ...can you believe it, Oreo Cookie slipped into my mind a few times! :facepalm:

Never mind Megan, with luck, mine will get back to bearable soon - wish yours would be better too! :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Megan and Pictor, I've only had vertigo twice, and it was awful. I couldn't drive or go to work until it improved. These days I suffer from chronic pancreatitis and over the past year I've had recurrent bouts of some kind of colitis. There's a very good chance the colitis is from smoking (ischemic). I felt I had to quit and e cigs were my last chance.

Some others have also quit after seeing that I did.

My mom once told me all she wanted for Christmas was for me to quit smoking. I think they just need to adjust to what the e cigs look like. My dad did ask how it made "smoke". BTW I've been using Vision Spinners and an MVP with aerotanks :). I have a Reo now as well, which I suspect they would like the look of more, but I knew my disabled cousin would get interested, which she did. I didn't want her to see the Reo and want one, too. She isn't capable of having a mech mod or rebuilding. So I purposefully only took my simpler setups with me both times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread