Status
Not open for further replies.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Hey there.. Been lurking the past few days and wanted to say thanks..

I've learned a bunch but my first purchase, well second, may not suffice or be considered a recommended PV/ecig so for now I'll just let that go. I must say however from 20+ years of smoking (mid teens) until today I've had a on and off again affair with analogs. I've tried most everything to quit or reduce, including pharmaceuticals, however nothing worked well and even after 8 months of not smoking I fell back into bad habits sans a personal loss of mine that with stress led me back to the last 4 years of smoking analogs again.

I now have a new product as mentioned and it's a night and day difference. While many may not recommend it or even despise it at times it seems to really work for me; now. I've now had my first day analog free and haven't gone through a full carto that I'm noticing and not a single desire to fire up an analog. I'm feeling so much better, both mentally and physically, that I disposed of the remaining tobacco products/peripherals and continue to vape as I read these forums. :)

I'm sure as I learn more and get more time learning and researching all the better tech out there I'll more than likely graduate to some of the recommended products I've been reading about. I'm just happy that something has seemingly given me the ability and desire to not smoke an analog again. I'm pumped, the wife and kids are pumped and it's a new day tomorrow. I'm glad I'll be around to now vape, read these forums and ultimately be a better father and husband.

Cheers and excellent forum!
~Ictinike

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Welcome. Lots of brain power in this forum. Lots of diverse experience. I'm still a FNG but we all have info to offer. I use to be and Electronics Tech and a Computer nerd. Love to take stuff apart. May even be able to put it back together. LOL was a 2-4 cigar a day inhaling smoker.

You now get to taste thing and not cough up a work of art. LOL

Last edited:

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Hi and welcome! Any PV that gets you to go analog free like that is a good PV. I'm so happy for you that it's working. Myself, my most favorite PV is my Blu, so far. Deemed inferior by many but that makes no difference to me. I like it and it is what made me quit cigs easily. I've had fun trying other things but I still like my Blu best.

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wtg, and Congrats to your day and a half of analog free!!! it does get easier with time. Just STICK with it, and you will be so glad you did!

I started at V4L, I had been lurking there for about a solid week, DAY and NIGHT! for at least 8 hours a day if not more, trying to read EVERY single thing, and with any search engine, you can just plug in your question and away the internet goes..Funny how that works huh? :lol: so I had stumbled upon here as well and noticed that V4L has a subforum as well. which was great. Also I had seen the Good Vendors and Bad Vendors.

As I said I was looking for all the information I could so I could be well informed for this journey!. I also stumbled onto the ..I think it was FDA because I was curious as to what they were really testing. They did 2 products, and explained how it the tests were taken, how the nic travels differently, and what machines and e cigs they used, AWESOME, I did like one product better than the other, and looked up both companies, just out of curiosity. Somehow, I stumbled into facebook pages, I figured if the companies had facebook pages, it could read REVIEWS as well. Also I had planned that weekend 3 days from the day I planned, to grab one and just TRY it, see how it worked, how you draw on it to get the vapor in and it was a disposable, so that means an auto :/. anyway (sorry folks this is gonna be even longer, not helping in the the contribution to my 5 posts I need) but it gives a run down of the before process, and now being 19 days analog free! :headbang: So I got this thing before we ran out grocery shopping, and it wasn't THAT BAD, at first it was producing the vapor at okay production, and I KNEW what company I had planned to go with ..EVEN IF this e-cig I tried was not my cup o' tea again I was just getting a "feel" for my new journey NOW...I had analogs too throughout the day, and eventually I just put the thing down that night. It was very heavy and just not doing it for me..it was a 1.2% and NOT the brand I had seen online where I could find it at a local gas station, but they still had one, and the other one they had was like almost 20 bucks, I sure in the He** wasn't going to pay 20 bucks for something I was going to have to throw away (recycle) They did have a battery recycling program which was great! After 20 batt's you could mail them in, and get a free one. That was cool, but still wasn't the brand I wanted to go with.

BUT....

It did get me to go on to "The V" and get what I needed, because I had talked to a few of the people Nancy, Bham, Audrey and so on of what I needed and what not. I was a bit stuborn and bought a little different, but I didn't buy starter cuz I felt REALLY prepared in my Journey! I even felt like I knew all the people already because I had been lurking for so flipping long and on Fb with them..I just felt good going with the product.

Cry...

Im so glad I did! It has been a Journey for me because I am stubborn and wanted to try ALL the flavors, but just the other day my PG sensitivity kicked in SO BAD, I couldn't even vape that day :( Boy was I suckin!

I am getting the HUGE Vapor Stacks of a Train just hauled full of coal (oh wait water ;) ) and the TH I need, and am down in MG's.
The products and videos I have seen with Snow and Morandir Sir have been amazing and are my references and Go To's. I even have gotten onto Tanks now, as the girls kinda (Harmony, Granny, AzVitesse, LadyStrick9, Demon, Flame, CeCe, you guys are my girls! And I love you for being there and pushing me to tanks :lol: ) got me in that direction and SO FREAKING glad I am using tanks now! And even an Ego though I use sticks when out. Scared my tank might leak o_O and that would be so bad. But I did end up using my ego and tank yesterday while out at least in the car. All I can say is, I am so loving that I have converted, my family at "The V" who are all truly amazing and SO glad I didn't have to stumble to find the right product for me, have converted 2 people so far, and full of so much knowledge that I can inform others to try a different product than analogs.

Morandir Sir, Snow for ALL the dedication you guys put into the videos, the data and watts and volt's and reviews, you guys truly Rock :headbang: And to the rest of you, new (SurferBill) and old forum people (Stephanie, Emma, ect.) there, thanks for being there, and being there for my journey as well! Muah! Forum Group ..Aka Bham and Audrey :) For listening to all my babble on FB :) lol You guys are awesome!

Good Luck with y our Journey Ictinike because it can be frustrating, can be awesome, and fun and hobbifying! But you are on the right path!

Happy Vaping :vapor:

Last edited:

conflator

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
Rule #1: what works for you, works for you.

Stick with it, and *enjoy*. I managed to get of cigs for 6 months once, and managed to fall back on them again. After a week of vaping, I know absolutely that's not going to happen this time, because I like this so much more than smoking. It's not a one to one replacement, but the things that are better end up more than making up for the things that are different.

Good luck to you, and don't be a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread