• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So relived.....Happy Vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
I have been miserable the last 2+ years. Every is day the same. Wake up and puke. Take nausea meds and try like hell to get on with the day. Sometimes I have energy but most of the time I don't. I went to part time last year because my job is so physically demanding as (Carter) and I just didn't feel like I could give it my all. I also get horrible attacks where stomach pain drops me to my knees, sometime for a few hours at a time, luckily these episodes are few and far between, but usually end me up in the ER just the same.

I have given up nearly everything I enjoy doing just to sit at home and rest. My Dr I "thought" did every EXPENSIVE test he possibly could and everything always comes up as normal. Last year he told me Its all because I'm depressed and have anxiety, and that I should go on antidepressants. I told him no and left. I knew something was wrong, I KNOW my body and he gave me Chantix once :) I just wont take those kind of drugs from him anymore lol.

Well last week I had to go in for a meds check :( for restless legs and my nausea medicine. He was very surprised I was still taking the nausea kind so he suggested one final test. Fine I said thinking this is his last chance.

Today I went and had a Hida scan, the Tech and I talked quite a bit. He was just a super great guy, and he told me I should have seen another DR. Mine sucked. This test was the very first test I should have been given, and I failed brilliantly :) yes I am ecstatic! It has been my stupid gallbladder all along. Maybe now I can get on with my life and stop questioning my own sanity.
Just had to share my great news!

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Thats great that now you know.I went for 2 years with sickening vomiting,dizziness and severe headaches,burning painful headaches and saw several different docs.They all said I was fine.I finally saw a nuerologist that did several cat and mri scans and they found an infection in my mastoid that had spread to the skull and all surrounding tissue.The inside of my ear and areas surrounding it were detroyed.Finally on July 6th I am having surgery to clean out the infection and rebuild everything.ALWAYS GET A 2nd 3rd or 4th doctor to look at you.We know what we feel.They dont.We need to find one that cares and wants to help us.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Ah beans, different problem, DH has lived that same story for like 15 years---me along with him. He was in torturous pain.
In March of this year (because he was told it was all in his head), I got him to see my doctor. The VA doctors' (and note the plural) past answer was to keep loading on the meds.
On the first visit to my doctor, and the appt lasted maybe twenty minutes, he sent him to an Orthopedic doctor. On April 1 (yeah April fool's day) he had surgery on his right rotator cuff. You wouldn't believe the change around here even though he still is on some pain (we're pretty sure the left is torn too). He has hope in his eyes that I haven't seen for years. He has been taken off two of his meds (withdrawal has been really fun!!!). He feels like the morphine can be cut too so as soon as he's over the last med cut, he starts on that.
For us both that feeling of dread is gone. We are now looking at a happy future that we didn't think would happen even though we probably have another surgery to go through.
I can't begin to say how happy I am for you---life as you know it has changed for the better.

Keys, I'm so happy for you too.
(((hugs))) for you both.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Well again it's all in my head. :( The tech doing my scan said it was absolutely not normal. There was obvious problems with my gallbladder. I called the Dr yesterday and he said it was totally normal. WTH? I asked him to review the scan himself, which he didn't do, so I just dont know who to believe now, and he never got back to me.

Keyz, I'm so sorry for all your trouble. My father has spent the last 4 years in your situation. The VA told him he had a tooth infection and treated him for 2 years with antibiotics. When he finally went to a new dentist they did a scan and the infection spread to his entire upper and lower jaw bone and effectively killed both. He ended up having his lower and upper jaw totally removed to save his life.It's taken 2 years of DRs and surgeries but They rebuilt his entire face with titanium, grafted bone they took from his legs and skin and muscle from where ever they could. He looks incredible now. Just as handsome as ever! I'll make sure to say lots of prayers for you. Good luck!

jj2 God the VA is just terrible! Our poor men and women who gave so much get so little in return. I hope things get worked out soon for you two. It's so hard living with chronic illness, it just wears on the spirit. I'll keep you in my prayers also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread