Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I only started vaping last month. I started out with a KR808D-1 and cartomizers. My REO is the first time I have used an atty. So, I am learning about them as well as my new REO.
I feed juice till I see it just start to come through the holes in the well. My problem seems to be that I feed more juice before I need to. I just don't know when I need more in my atty. I am constantly pulling off my drip tip and looking to see if I can see juice in the atty. I am guessing that juice should be visible around the outer part. I am also paying attention to the noise I get when I fire the atty. When I am just getting the hiss and not a lot of gurgling I get worried that I am going to burn it up. Ok, I am OCD about this and it is not letting me enjoy my REO like I should.
Bottom line, what will help me vape this REO with pleasure instead of worry.
:confused:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
You will get it figured out. Its almost impossible to tell by looking so no need to do that.
Its all by feel, taste and sound IMO.

Really no way to teach it though, you just have to gain experience .... Good luck.

I have told a few people to start dripping before their REO arrived. Its good practice to get the feel for it.
And its a bit easier to control how much you get in the atty.

If you have too hard of time, the REO works great with 510 LR cartos too.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
I like Grim Green and OrthChri's approach (both have youtube review videos out). you press the bottle until you see some liquid pouring out the well. Then you dry hit your atty to dispers the juice into the atty. And happily vape away.. Once the flavor mutes & Vapor becomes a lot less repeat process... Works for me..

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
I like Grim Green and OrthChri's approach (both have youtube review videos out). you press the bottle until you see some liquid pouring out the well. Then you dry hit your atty to dispers the juice into the atty. And happily vape away.. Once the flavor mutes & Vapor becomes a lot less repeat process... Works for me..

I do that dry hit thing often, it spreads the juice nicely and also lets you know when you're dry. To feed, you can't beat blind squonking: Dry hit while squonking until you feel the gurgle, then stop. Followed by a quick dry hit to spread the juice.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
When you guys say "dry hit" I think of drawing from a powered up atty that has little or no juice at the coil. Hot, metallic, air. YUCK!

I think "primer puff" is a more apt description in the context of what y'all are talking about, but that's just me.

Just an observation.

Hey man, I'm German, and English is actually my third language.. Primer Puff is def more appropriate and exactly what I was looking for to describe the process.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have much respect for multi-linguists. I've been trying for years to gain some functional fluency with Spanish, and I'm not even close. Then again, I haven't truly devoted myself to the endeavor.

In my line of work, being able to say "Sit down and shut up" is usually sufficient until someone fluent can arrive.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I am trying, and seems to be a little better. I flooded it really bad once, don't know how all of that juice got in there! Now it is doing better. I find I have to blow into it really gentle sometimes or it acts like it can't get air. I am trying to "feel" more than freaking out about the level. Sure is harder than what I imagined. But this REO is worth every bit to be my main PV.
Thanks for all of the suggestions, you are all great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread