Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It's those f like and Google +1 buttons. They take forever to refresh.... Can something be done about them, please?

Rolygate, thanks for your efforts. I read your announcement re. the update.

However, my F connect button is not disconnected, and the f like and Goggle +1 are even slower than before. It really makes navigating the forum a pain.

Last edited:

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
It's those f like and Google +1 buttons. They take forever to refresh.... Can something be done about them, please?

Rolygate, thanks for your efforts. I read your announcement re. the update.

However, my F connect button is not disconnected, and the f like and Goggle +1 are even slower than before. It really makes navigating the forum a pain.

Same thing still happening for me....I realize you all are trying to work on this and appreciate the effort and work you all do Rolygate, just would be nice if it was like it use to be.

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught
Yep, slow here too. The scroll, page up/page down is the biggest difference speedwise. I remember when something similar to this happened with other sites, never got any better, still the same slow page load. No like facebook!

Pscript: post times are still an hour ahead, DST, its 1:50 here in Calif. right now, but new posts reading 2:50pm. Checked settings and re-clicked DST correction but not self-correcting.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
There are several issues here so let's go through them one by one.

1. After we do a series of major upgrades, as we just did, it takes time to identify the bugs and remove them. We already made changes to the FB and Google stuff, and the problem has gone for some/many people. It may take some time to work out exactly what the problem is for those remaining - as none of the tech staff have this problem.

2. As reported by one or more members who then installed Firefox, it's fixed for them (they were using other browsers). That leads me to think that it's stuff held within a browser from the first version before the fixes. To remove it you need to:
a. Download and install CCleaner, a junk file remover that cleans out old stuff.
b. Navigate away from ECF, to another site.
c. Flush all cookies and the cache.
d. Shut the browser.
e. Run CCleaner and remove all junk and temp files it advises can be safely removed.
f. Reboot the PC.
g. Try now.

As always, you must create a restore point or run an image creation onto a USB disk with Acronis or Macrium for example, before you do anything to your PC.

3. If this doesn't fix it, install a Firefox plugin that blocks scripts - it is reported that this will fix the problem. Apparently Ghostery is the most successful for this (www. ghostery .com) but you can also try No Script and Adblock. As far as I know this fixes it.

4. You can also make changes to your hosts file on the PC if you are OK with stuff like regedit. You need to make a careful note of what you did, though. Add:
127.0.0.1 connect.facebook.net
127.0.0.1 plusone.google.com
[thanks snork, progg]

All I can say is that no admins or tech staff here have this issue, and we are using a variety of browsers including Opera, Firefox and Chrome (or safe versions of Chrome like Sware Iron). So it's very hard for us to replicate the problem.

Flushing/cleaning everything and rebooting should fix it. If not, add a Firefox plugin and that will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread