So the pen just wasnt enough... So I went Juicy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
Well after making the pen, it was leaving a bit to be desired. Sure it was a great hit... after taking a 20 sec drag holding that tiny painful button, Im sure a good 10440 lithium would of solved the problem but I wanted extended life too and a lithium just delivers too much current for me (voltage is fine, its the amps that it delivers). So I happened to be at wallmart and I picked up some 2450 mah AAs and a charger then found my self in radio shack ;) and picked up a battery box and some more switches. I pulled apart a broken battery (2 in 2 days from getting them from ecig) found that the battery was good the switch was fubar (as always) said **** it tossed it in the parts pile and used the connector.

The vapor is amazing and unlike my passthrough I made I dont have to feather the switch to not toast the atomizer. This delivers a lower overall amperage I would believe (NiMH vs lithium) and provides a nicer, larger hit with the atomizer barely getting warm under almost constant power (feathering slightly). Im in love, too bad my camera takes forever to take a pic so no good clouds... yet :evil:

EDIT: FYI that white stuff on the inside is the superglue I covered the solder connections with vaporized, I thought it was dry when I tested it.

Last edited:

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
I could but I enjoy the overall capacity that the 3 2450mah AAs have, plus lithium power seems to get the atomizer too hot for me, if I use this atomizer on any other power source it has a funky burnt aftertaste. Ive used every single technique in the book on proper inhaling and whatnot, I like with the AAs I can give it constant power where as with any of the higher current power sources (lithium, passthrough, etc) I need to have the power source pulse instead of being constant. I can achieve this with a switch but I like being able to be lazy and hold the button the whole time. It could just be the bestecig atomizers but it works for now. I may look into some lithiums in the future (got my eyes on some 12,000 mah D cells for a megamagnum maglight or something).

I would like to recess the connector so only a little bit of the atomizer shows, or just the mouth piece sticking out. The only problem is gluing in a piece to hold it and be sturdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread