Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
We need Michael Moore to do a documetary about e-cigs vs fda.

Just think if we had both and their fan base on our side!!! Regardless if you like or hate them, having them on the e-cig side would help alot.

Yeah, right. Michael Moore is going to retire from professional liberalism to do a pro-vaping documentary. That's gonna happen.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Yeah, right. Michael Moore is going to retire from professional liberalism to do a pro-vaping documentary. That's gonna happen.

Considering his opinions regarding the care of 911 workers (or lack thereof), I would imagine Michael Moore would be in favor of e-cigs from the harm reduction standpoint.

This isn't one of those issues that can be easily defined by party affiliation or the perceived "left or right" of a person.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Considering his opinions regarding the care of 911 workers (or lack thereof), I would imagine Michael Moore would be in favor of e-cigs from the harm reduction standpoint.

This isn't one of those issues that can be easily defined by party affiliation or the perceived "left or right" of a person.

Agree and agree. But here's the thing: whatever Moore might intuitively feel on the issue would be irrelevant and subordinate to what he must appear to feel in the eyes of his following. That, for the most part, is true of any political cult figure whose visible beliefs are essentially their job description. Limbaugh is certainly no different in that regard.

I better stop before this thing gets yanked and tossed Outside.

dynasty

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
colorado
What we need is more big names with cult like followings to get on board. Michael Moore was just the first name that came to mind. The answer to would he do it is irrelevant. Changes aren't made by the 25% of the informed population, they are made by the 75% of sheep. We need the shepards to sway the sheep in our direction.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
I can't ever see being on the same side of anything as Michael Moore.

I can't ever see being on the same side of anything as someone who could say that. (I can't ever see being on the same side of anything as Rush L.) :shock:

Oh wait, we're both here, aren't we. We both support the continued lawful availability of ecigs, don't we.

You see the absurdity of your statement? As Coz just said above, there IS no left or right about vaping!

There are, and from its very beginning have been, people with beliefs ranging over the entire political spectrum here on this forum, including both extremes and all the waypoints along the middle.

And it does our common battle no good at all to try to shoehorn an issue that completely lacks an ideological "side" into one or the other!

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I can't ever see being on the same side of anything as someone who could say that. (I can't ever see being on the same side of anything as Rush L.) :shock:

Oh wait, we're both here, aren't we. We both support the continued lawful availability of ecigs, don't we.

You see the absurdity of your statement? As Coz just said above, there IS no left or right about vaping!

There are, and from its very beginning have been, people with beliefs ranging over the entire political spectrum here on this forum, including both extremes and all the waypoints along the middle.

And it does our common battle no good at all to try to shoehorn an issue that completely lacks an ideological "side" into one or the other!

Completely agreed.

This is one of those issues that points out how bad the dogma of either party is for our general population.

Things have to be pragmatic- not ideological. The "harm reduction" manner of dealing with nicotine addiction is a fine example of the many issues that do not bear a party stamp.

To hell with both parties. And a big elbow in the ribs for anyone doesn't see that. There are many issues that just get ignored because ideologues are too busy preaching the religion of wedge issues through hyperbole and deception.

The founding fathers were reasonable. AND most of them smoked!

/off rant

Just contact your in-office politicians. Forget their party and talk to them.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado

Funny isn't it. The same people that spout how great it is that Rush talks about it, are the same people who would hate it if Moore did the same.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Funny isn't it. The same people that spout how great it is that Rush talks about it, are the same people who would hate it if Moore did the same.

Agreed. It really chaps my behind that this happens.

The only reason that these two demagogues have any mind share at all, is because the general public is lazy and are more prone to listen to *what they are told* rather than look at raw information and form their own opinion.

And it's not a left or right issue. There are points where both the left and the right can be demonstrably shown to actually be correct.

Sadly, we never make the rational choice about how our government should work. And that fact reflects itself in the media we *allow* to provide information to us. It re-enforces stupidity.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City

Actually if you look at the Limbaugh threads, pretty much everyone here (even the vocal liberals) said it was a good thing. Now why couldn't the righties do the same if Moore promoted ecigs?

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Michael Moore saying "Government needs to stay out of our lives by determining e-cigs as an adult personal recreational device and nicquid should be regulated as a tobacco product."?
Could that really happen, even theoretically?
Oh, happy day!

No but he may come at the issue from another angle. Specifically as a harm reduction or "safer" alternative. He could get jacked up about the FDA/Big Tobacco/Pharm collusion possibility. It would be a possibility considering his previous views.

Hudsonkm

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
Illinois, US
I really can't stand Rush, but if he wants to back e-ciggs more power too him. I would love to see Moore backing them as well. The more famous faces we get behind them the better.

Leonardo Dicaprio vapes.... And he also has money...

Where are the celebrities that use E-Cigarettes during all of this? They have the financial means to aid in support of the vaping industry and yet still we hear nothing from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread