So what’s new????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
This is super general, but in the last year and a half I feel completely disconnected with news on vaping. I just had my second child, moved to another state, and started a new job in this year and a half time off the grid and haven’t kept up with anything. I’ve been scrolling around forums, but there are so many posts it makes my head spin. Anyone up for the challenge of giving me a detailed yet condensed version of any news good or bad concerning vaping that has come about in the last year or so? Any new positive research studies published or completed in the last year now that vaping has been around for many years?? I am ready for some good reading on some longitudinal studies which hopefully we will get someday soon.

Thanks for any replies and saving me from hours of post scrolling (sorry new mom here, just don’t have time for that these days LOL).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Welcome back and congrats on your new addition to the family.!

Bad news first. The torches and pitchfork crowd made a big move against flavorings as tempting the innocent children of the country. The only good news was the FDA put more restrictions to ensure age compliant sales rather than ban them outright, although they have to be sold in convenience stores in the back behind a curtain like those adult video tapes you could get before the internet killed off that business model. Also, Tommy Vapes became the new face of Juuling on Fox News. He didn't do us any favors.

The good news. 21700 batteries have become more popular in more devices so better battery life and high CDRs are improving life for vapers, and squonking has been making a solid comeback.

On the medical front more and more healthcare providers are getting comfortable with vaping over smoking. No amazing positive study publications, but a fair number of really crappy and easy to shred negative papers.

Oh, and the Black Friday sales were fairly good this year.

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
Also, mods are starting to be modeled after animal genitalia:
hVwhkL2.jpg

Hugo Vapor Orbiter

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
Welcome back and congrats on your new addition to the family.!

Bad news first. The torches and pitchfork crowd made a big move against flavorings as tempting the innocent children of the country. The only good news was the FDA put more restrictions to ensure age compliant sales rather than ban them outright, although they have to be sold in convenience stores in the back behind a curtain like those adult video tapes you could get before the internet killed off that business model. Also, Tommy Vapes became the new face of Juuling on Fox News. He didn't do us any favors.

The good news. 21700 batteries have become more popular in more devices so better battery life and high CDRs are improving life for vapers, and squonking has been making a solid comeback.

On the medical front more and more healthcare providers are getting comfortable with vaping over smoking. No amazing positive study publications, but a fair number of really crappy and easy to shred negative papers.

Oh, and the Black Friday sales were fairly good this year.

Thanks! I recently purchased some flavors from Wizard Labs and scrolled around to make sure all items were still available for purchase, nicotine etc. was glad to see everything was still available. Granted I have a good stash in my freezer, but still. I also noticed all these new AIO devices that weren’t around when I last bought a tank or coils or any of that. So I bought a Cobble to give it a whirl and thought it a cool little device. Well I’m glad there hasn’t been any major terrible changes in the last year and a half!
Also, mods are starting to be modeled after animal genitalia:
hVwhkL2.jpg

Hugo Vapor Orbiter

Lol. Well ok then, good to know

Reactions: Eskie

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Gottlieb from the FDA has said some encouraging stuff recognizing that vaping has value in helping adult smokers get off cigarettes. But he has launched a huge campaign against teenage vaping. And said that stopping the teen vaping epidemic is so important that the needs of adult smokers will be sacrificed if necessary in order to protect the kids. So far though they have turned their fire on the pod mods that are popular with teenagers and not taken action against other types of vaping equipment. Teen smoking has gone way down at the same time as teen vaping has increased. But the FDA is arguing that vaping is a gateway to smoking. The logic would make your brain hurt.

States are putting more taxes and restrictions on vaping.

The picture seems to change every day and predicting what will happen is pretty much a guessing game. Since the corporations are still running the show I guess we have to wait until they decide which way to go.

Congratulations on your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread