Status
Not open for further replies.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I'm a long time vapor of close to 10 years and haven't thought about starter equipment in quiet awhile. A very good friend recently made a very smooth switch from analogs to a juul. She tried my Topside this past weekend and really liked the variable wattage but is not ready for a rda. She wants something simple with VW and onboard charging So whats hot on the market right now for a great Christmas gift.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm too settled in my ways (mechanical squonkers) to pay attention to what's "hot" on the market, but it might help others if you'd state how much you're willing to spend.

Personally, If I were looking for a regulated device, I'd want something with an Evolv dna board in it.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Hah,
I thought you were going to ask what the market will do once Juul is gone.

Perhaps a refillable pod can be considered. One that either has a fire button or not, but still has a draw similar to the analog. There are lots to pick from but the two I find reliable, predictable and flavorful are the Innokin EQ and the Vapresso Zero.

For a larger size I'd say the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit or a Vapresso Cascade one.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Hah,
I thought you were going to ask what the market will do once Juul is gone.

Perhaps a refillable pod can be considered. One that either has a fire button or not, but still has a draw similar to the analog. There are lots to pick from but the two I find reliable, predictable and flavorful are the Innokin EQ and the Vapresso Zero.

For a larger size I'd say the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit or a Vapresso Cascade one.

The Innokin Kroma really fits her style

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I'm considering recommending a billet box clone with a nautilus/atlantis/kanger screw on coil as my standard.

It's a DNA VW chip. Has big capacity. 60W. Decent run time. Allows screw on coils with an easy path to rebuilding. MTL or DTL.

Just a bit messy to refill, but given how many niches it can fill, I feel like it would be a decent intermediate device.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would go with an Innoken Kroma kit personally. But there is on accounting for taste and etc.

This might be one of those situations where it's better to have her input, honestly? Like take her to some vape shops and see what seems to float her boat if there are any decent ones near you?

If you want to get a better/external mod, that is quite fine and I am sure she would love it. But, I would take the Zenith over the Nautilus any day of the week, and the N2 was my quitting tank. It's just a better vape, the coils last forever, easy topfill etc. It has a ton going for it.

Anna

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
images

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I love my Orion. I'm not a mtl user much anymore so I haven't tried mtl with the 0.5 ohm pods. Is it a good enough mtl experience for someone who likes the tight draw on something like a Juul?
My wife direct lungs her Innokin EQ and gets great production from the 0.5 coil. No giant cloud, mind-you. Just a great "hit".

The duckbill tips on some of the new stuff is similar to puffing on a well seasoned tobacco pipe. (As in seasoning reducing the airflow.)

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I would go with an Innoken Kroma kit personally. But there is on accounting for taste and etc.

This might be one of those situations where it's better to have her input, honestly? Like take her to some vape shops and see what seems to float her boat if there are any decent ones near you?

If you want to get a better/external mod, that is quite fine and I am sure she would love it. But, I would take the Zenith over the Nautilus any day of the week, and the N2 was my quitting tank. It's just a better vape, the coils last forever, easy topfill etc. It has a ton going for it.

Anna

Anna, she's a true retro girl. She saw my original Vaporflask BF and had to have it.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I'm a long time vapor of close to 10 years and haven't thought about starter equipment in quiet awhile. A very good friend recently made a very smooth switch from analogs to a Juul. She tried my Topside this past weekend and really liked the variable wattage but is not ready for a RDA. She wants something simple with VW and onboard charging So whats hot on the market right now for a great Christmas gift.

Huh !.

Errrrrrr.......I'd guess something which houses a ermmmmmm........drop in coil ?......maybe. :lol:

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread