So what is this NJOY starter kit made of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
I see all sorts of reference to battery types, model discussions etc...What I can't figure out on here or on the njoy site is what type of battery is this and what kind of refillable cartomizer can I use? For now, I've easily been able to pop off the top of the cartomizer and drip juice into it...my concern is long term that plastic tube is going to wear out and not have a good seal. Anyone know why the big secret or lack of info on this forum? Perhaps i just don't know how to search properly :)

Vap0r Lew

• Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Affiliate links/banners not permitted

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
I bought their disposable as well at first, but now have the RECHARGEABLE. Are you saying it's a 510 connection? I'm quite happy with the amount of vapor, battery life, taste etc. I just want to buy a refillable cartomizer for this battery. I've been popping open and refilling the "disposable" cartomizer that came with it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
....... Anyone know why the big secret or lack of info on this forum? Perhaps i just don't know how to search properly :)

The secret? Get a better PV (personal vaporizer).

Rule of Thumb: "generally", the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

At a minimum, I would get a model PV about the size of a sharpie pen, like the Kgo and some refillable cartomizers, This will give you better performance and the batteries will last about 6 hours of average vaping on a charge, If you get the clear cartomizers, you can see when you need to add more eliquid. Or you can get a tank cartomizer and go most of the day without running out of eliquid:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.browse&category_id=52

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA

Rule of Thumb: "generally", the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

Generally speaking that's nonsense! People hear are far too bias to huge mods and whatnot.
The eRoll, Modern Vapor Sidesho, 510, 808, White Cloud Cirrus 3, Halo G6, and etc and very good cigalikes and spare one from looking silly when using them too :ohmy::p

Last edited:
Reactions: Racehorse

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Glad someone made your answer finlly. Opinions are are just that and actually, nJoy hits very nice. I myself use a 5 volt passthough thingy 808-1 d that makes ego look like a toy. The size threads determines the size carto. Those smaller cartos hit great. I use eroll half time because of that. Smaller cartos feisty good vaper with proper drawing technique. Same with 808. The 510 and efo cartos and devices arent doing it for me unless its a dripping atty or pyrex glas / tank 1.7-ish atty with most but not all juice types.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Generally speaking that's nonsense! People hear are far too bias to huge mods and whatnot.
The eRoll, Modern Vapor Sidesho, 510, 808, White Cloud Cirrus 3, Halo G6, and etc and very good cigalikes and spare one from looking silly when using them too :ohmy::p

I said "generally" for a reason. But my point is still accurate. Your mini-battery stick model PV's do not have the consistency, performance or much less hassle factor of a good PV such as the Provari, Vamo, Darwin, Zmax, Kgo, etc. And how one looks is completely subjective. Many of us do NOT want to look like we are still smoking or pretending to smoke analogs. We want to break the bad perception that smoking and vaping are the same thing.

And I have read far too many posts on various vaping sites, as well as talked with local people, that due to the poor performance of most cig-a-like models, many first-timers viewed vaping as a scam and went back to smoking. The majority are not like the person in the following post from ECF (yesterday) who gave vaping a second chance:

From Joyetech eGo-c:

"Hi all,

I'm a 31 y.o. heavy smoker (smoking since I was 13) who lives in rainy Berlin and is fairly new to e-cigs - up 'till now I only used nasal snuff and once had the cheap-... "Health e-Cigarette" fake I bought from a flea market for about 10 bucks.

I used it for a week, then it died on me, I threw it in the trash and kept smoking my daily 20-25 'real' cigarettes since I just thought all e-cigs are joke. Last few days, however, I'm coughing a lot, can't catch my breath and generally don't feel ok after a smoke (also perhaps because I had a fair amount of joints without filter this week..), but anyway, I found this forum, lurked for a while, saw few video reviews and decided to finally invest in a good device to finally rule e-cigs completely out.

I read a lot of topics here and got some initial impressions about brands, mods and liquids, so today I ordered a Joyetech™ eGo-C Type A brushed metal kit from Joyetech's website and also 30ml of 2.4% (24mg) 50/50 'Dark Vapour' juice from some other website since I was not sure if the kit will come with full tanks. I wait for the parcels on wednesday...................."

Last edited:

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs

You must've missed the part where I said I'm very pleased with the performance of my NJOY ecig...I'm not looking for a low rider with a hydraulic kit to go bouncing down the road with and turn heads. I'm happy w/my cig-a-like thank you. Just looking to figure out what size connection I need to retrofit an off the shelf refillable cart is all. Don't be h8'g on my hardware :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

You must've missed the part where I said I'm very pleased with the performance of my NJOY ecig...I'm not looking for a low rider with a hydraulic kit to go bouncing down the road with and turn heads. I'm happy w/my cig-a-like thank you. Just looking to figure out what size connection I need to retrofit an off the shelf refillable cart is all. Don't be h8'g on my hardware :)

Glad it's working for you, then. Hopefully you will be able to continue with it and not find the inconsistency that many do not like with this model a problem.

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
I trust your Super Member oppinion :) I bought the 5pack of carts on sale at my local Hess station for $15. They said they're lowering the price in various markets...lucky me I suppose. A quick youtube search and I discovered how easily these NJOY carts can be oppened and refilled. I don't wiggle it on the battery like the video...that seems likely to create a long term problem. I grab under the threads w/a fine needle nose wrapped in a paper towel and wiggle. Takes only a few seconds to pop open, refill and seal back up. I figure the cart will losen up and leak eventually, but I do have 5 of them. I'm in no rush, but would like to get an actual cart MEANT to be re-filled. I don't want to walk around with a giant canister hanging out of my mouth. I discretely pull this out of my pocket and hit it wherever I feel like it. I go easily a day and a half with the 1 battery, but did get a 2nd from NJOY. They actually gave it too me because I called to inquire as to how they claim a cart lasts 2 packs of cigs when you only get about a hundred puffs. They explained 3 or 4 puffs is about equal to a smoke and offered me a battery or 5 pack of my choice in good faith. EXCELLENT customer service IMO. I will continue to HIGHLY recommend this product (of course w/a refillable cart:)_ )

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
I said "generally" for a reason. But my point is still accurate. Your mini-battery stick model PV's do not have the consistency, performance or much less hassle factor of a good PV such as the Provari, Vamo, Darwin, Zmax, Kgo, etc. And how one looks is completely subjective. Many of us do NOT want to look like we are still smoking or pretending to smoke analogs. We want to break the bad perception that smoking and vaping are the same thing.

And I have read far too many posts on various vaping sites, as well as talked with local people, that due to the poor performance of most cig-a-like models, many first-timers viewed vaping as a scam and went back to smoking. The majority are not like the person in the following post from ECF (yesterday) who gave vaping a second chance:

From Joyetech eGo-c:

"Hi all,

I'm a 31 y.o. heavy smoker (smoking since I was 13) who lives in rainy Berlin and is fairly new to e-cigs - up 'till now I only used nasal snuff and once had the cheap-... "Health e-Cigarette" fake I bought from a flea market for about 10 bucks.

I used it for a week, then it died on me, I threw it in the trash and kept smoking my daily 20-25 'real' cigarettes since I just thought all e-cigs are joke. Last few days, however, I'm coughing a lot, can't catch my breath and generally don't feel ok after a smoke (also perhaps because I had a fair amount of joints without filter this week..), but anyway, I found this forum, lurked for a while, saw few video reviews and decided to finally invest in a good device to finally rule e-cigs completely out.

I read a lot of topics here and got some initial impressions about brands, mods and liquids, so today I ordered a Joyetech™ eGo-C Type A brushed metal kit from Joyetech's website and also 30ml of 2.4% (24mg) 50/50 'Dark Vapour' juice from some other website since I was not sure if the kit will come with full tanks. I wait for the parcels on wednesday...................."

^That's a pretty good take on it.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
ps. Please do not buy the NJOY carts. Are they out of their minds? $21.99 for 5 cartomizers? WTH??

It seem to me that NJOY are the kings of taking peoples money. The reason certain brands avoid standard fitments is to stop their customers buying accessories elsewhere.
Nothing would surprise me at the moment. The most expensive brand in the UK charge £3.99 ($6) per cartomizer. So that's even more expensive than NJOY.

They say their products are good for 2 packs (or whatever) of cigarettes both in nicotine and puffs and charge as much as feasibly possible.

It's lies, and not even close to the truth. Lies to sell expensive products. I wish there were laws against it.

Personally, I think using these types of e-cigarettes turns the user into a patsy. Also, because google takes money for advertisements, the big brands get all the exposure and the independent vendors who sell non-specific kit are left fighting to sell their stuff.

I learned the hard way, spending $200 on a product that did nothing to help me replace smoking with vaping.

Please forgive me for my ranting.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA

From Joyetech eGo-c:

"Hi all,

Oh my!! lol

Well I am no newbie and have been e vaping for 4 years. I smoked near 2 packs a day for 26 years (ugh!). "My" stick like e-cigs have done the trick for me, my entire family and others... and "I" still look cute using them. Fair enough? :p BTW, it is the cigalikes that get people interested and away from the real thing and not something that looks like a microphone lol. Some may wish to move to something more powerful and some may not. I've never had any of the issues you quote with the various mini I use.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It seem to me that NJOY are the kings of taking peoples money. The reason certain brands avoid standard fitments is to stop their customers buying accessories elsewhere.
Nothing would surprise me at the moment. The most expensive brand in the UK charge £3.99 ($6) per cartomizer. So that's even more expensive than NJOY.

They say their products are good for 2 packs (or whatever) of cigarettes both in nicotine and puffs and charge as much as feasibly possible.

It's lies, and not even close to the truth. Lies to sell expensive products. I wish there were laws against it.

Personally, I think using these types of e-cigarettes turns the user into a patsy. Also, because google takes money for advertisements, the big brands get all the exposure and the independent vendors who sell non-specific kit are left fighting to sell their stuff.

I learned the hard way, spending $200 on a product that did nothing to help me replace smoking with vaping.

Please forgive me for my ranting.

Oh my!! lol

Well I am no newbie and have been e vaping for 4 years. I smoked near 2 packs a day for 26 years (ugh!). "My" stick like e-cigs have done the trick for me, my entire family and others... and "I" still look cute using them. Fair enough? :p BTW, it is the cigalikes that get people interested and away from the real thing and not something that looks like a microphone lol. Some may wish to move to something more powerful and some may not. I've never had any of the issues you quote with the various mini I use.

There are those who are successful using tiny stick battery models. But there easily appears to be a much higher percentage who find the cig-a-likes inferior in performance in comparison to better battery models. And then there is the cost factor as detailed in the above post.

I would be fine with models like the Blu or Njoy if they also offered an upgrade to a better performing model AND didn't lie about their over-priced product and what it provided. I can't remember seeing one post from some vaper who uses a model like the Kgo, Provari, etc stating they don't work well, vaping is a scam, so I'm going back to analogs. I've seen hundreds of posts like that (and personal interactions locally) about models like Blu, NJoy, Smoke 51, etc. And unfortunately, most people are not persistent enough to find a site like this and find better options.

When a model like the Blu or NJoy can provide 10 - 12 hours on a battery charge, allow the user to adjust the warmth of the vapor, not die due to liquid getting in the battery and not diminish in performance as the battery drains, I will be the first to state what a great PV it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread