So what Tank System is your fav

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLiquid530

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
Marysville
So I have an iclear 30 and ProTank2 and for a little bit they vaped great but have just ran into to many issues. Iclear is constantly flooding, PT2 floods or doesnt vape too good, so my question is what is everyone's favorite, and I assume if it's your favorite then it's considered your own personal best. I want to dive into this whole carto tank thing but there are tons of options so what do you use. Pics, links, anything to help me and anyone else that is in the same situation. The thing I don't understand is a lot of people swear by the 2 tanks that I already have and they almost seem.like too much trouble at times. I understand that somethings you just have to tinker with but man there are days I just want to relax and just vape, and if my only option is having to constantly tinker with stuff to vape then I guess I'm stuck because I don't ever plan on going back to cigarettes. So any info is appreciated......

Things I own as of right now

Zmax Mini
Halo Triton Kit
MVP 2.0
Mechanical mod

PT2
Iclear 30
IGO-W
AGA-T 2
The Rocket
Trident Clone

Just thought I'd give you people a little extra info what I own

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I have never understood why people rave about crap that you constantly fiddling with to keep working, it started with the 510 ecig. The 510 sucked, I had an 801 and never had the problems they did with the 510, and mine held more liquid and had a bigger batt.

I'm the same today, I vape to stay off analogs, not to fiddle all the time or blow massive clouds, so for the last year and a half I've been using carto tanks. I used the Smok Tech DCT's with Smok Tech cartos, never had one short out or burn, they just plug up about every two to three weeks and I replace them.

I use the 2 hole, single coil at 1.7 ohms on a mech mod and it works great for me, and one batt lasts all day. I get my stuff from Hoosier Ecigs and if their out, next is SmokTek.com and then MadVapes, and have had no trouble with them. You'll want to read through this to help you get started: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-5-baditudes-cartomizer-tank-setup-guide.html

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
I have a couple RDAs, but my 5 carto tanks from IBTanked get used most. With carto tanks once you have it set up right there is no fiddling. Just change the carto when it goes bad and you're off and running again. If you get a refilling tip or tank tool like the Slap Yo Mama you'll save your orings and refilling will be as fast as with any clearo. The Slap Yo Mama has the added benefit of enabling you to switch cartos without emptying your tank first.

Here's a 19mm IBTanked with an IBTipsy driptip.
19mm_ibt.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I still think a good ole boge in a nice pyrex tank on a VV or VW device cant be beaten for consistency and on the go vaping. Dont let anyone say you cant get massive clouds. Myself and others Ive hung out can blow giant , face disappearing clouds on a kicked device, like the Saber Touch.

Now if you have certain needs such as loving NET tobaccos that clog cartos, making it that I need to go thru 2-5 cartos a day, then I have to say Either my Odysseus or Kayfun are there for me. With my NETs I have to soak and dry burn the coil after 4ml but its cheaper than the money I was spending on boges.

Its all a matter of need and money. Yes the Odysseus and Kayfun have to be "built" the fiddle factor is rather low, easier than fiddling with a Vivi Nova and do not leak.

Odysseus
miuq.jpg

Kayfun lite
wre0.JPG

Boge in a Pyrex IBTank
molehillmountaindriptip.jpg

Boge in a Kir Fanis Tank
ibtsaber003.jpg

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Cartomizer life all depends on how many ml run through them and the flavor and type of juice. I use mostly Naturally Extracted Tobacco so they are notoriously known for gunking up real fast. If you like real sweet flavours, that also cuts the life of a carto.

Its hard to gauge life on days as people consider using 3ml a day a LOT while others can make those 3mls go for days. Im my case it is not unheard of going through 6 to 12 mls. I stay at 12mg to 4mg of nice depending on time of the day.

I like threads like this, because its not about what you use, or how much it costs, or rarity of what you carry, its all about not smoking cigarettes. People tend to push their preferences regardless of someones experience or needs. No one quitting smoking needs to be jumping into a rebuild able anything, our nerves are on edge already and add learning how to take an atomizer apart, put it together, make the coils, worry about OHm/ resistance, wires, wicking material , air intake, flooding, dry hits, etc.

Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I couldn't agree more. These are the tanks I run, I prefer the larger of the two for a few reasons. 1st : I don't have to fill it as often. 2nd : imo, because it's bigger the increased volume of liquid helps pressure juice into the hole in the carto. Also I've tried a few different cartos and I believe the single hole is better than two smaller holes. I couldn't imagine running anything else that I had to tinker around with all day. These Pyrex tanks are bullet proof no leaks etc. I used to smoke 2plus packs a day and I haven't touched a cig since I got my setup. 2months. I will admit to vaping over 12ml/day. But that's another story.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
How do you like that zmax mini? How long have you had it? I've got a vamo v3 and I'm going to get 2 more mods one for each have of my parents to quit smoking and I have been thinking about that zmax mini as well, thanks good luck. Read my post with a good Pyrex tank you'll never have to fidget with stuff to get your nic fix.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

BigLiquid530

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
Marysville
There are some really nice setups. So what are price ranges I know they vary slot because some people like the personalized glass ect, I'm pretty basic for now so how much would one of these setups cost.

As for the Zmax I really do like out a lot but I had gotten both the MVP 2.0 and Zmax the same day and for some reason I pick up the MVP but that may be also because the PT2 is on the Zmax and all it does is flood and gurgle lol

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
So I have an iclear 30 and ProTank2 and for a little bit they vaped great but have just ran into to many issues. Iclear is constantly flooding, PT2 floods or doesnt vape too good, so my question is what is everyone's favorite, and I assume if it's your favorite then it's considered your own personal best. I want to dive into this whole carto tank thing but there are tons of options so what do you use. Pics, links, anything to help me and anyone else that is in the same situation. The thing I don't understand is a lot of people swear by the 2 tanks that I already have and they almost seem.like too much trouble at times. I understand that somethings you just have to tinker with but man there are days I just want to relax and just vape, and if my only option is having to constantly tinker with stuff to vape then I guess I'm stuck because I don't ever plan on going back to cigarettes. So any info is appreciated......

Things I own as of right now

Zmax Mini
Halo Triton Kit
MVP 2.0
Mechanical Mod

PT2
Iclear 30
IGO-W
AGA-T 2
The Rocket
Trident Clone

Just thought I'd give you people a little extra info what I own

CONSTANT FLOODING! Do you chain vape? Vape and vape and vape until your topper is hot? I do, and my toppers leak because the juice heats up so much that the VG and PG thins out and leaks out of EVERYTHING except a Boge Carto tank. I use RBAs, RDAs, cartos, clearos when I am not chain vaping. When I am on a vape tear, I stick to Boge carto tanks on my VV/VW mods =]

Zmax Mini
MVP 2.0
VV eVic
Bolts
eGos
VV Grippers
Mechs
+ more

Iclear 30s
IGO-W /iGo L
AGA-T2
Rocket