photo.php

• Winner
Reactions: gerrymi

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Random thought - flavored cough/cold syrups are okay because we want to entice kids to take it? But only when we want them to....?
Observation:
They used to make them taste like poo on purpose. Either to discourage accidental ingestion, or ostensibly to make people think it's "medicine"...as in "if it doesn't taste bad it won't work".

Now apparently we have a "you just have to keep it out of their hands, even if it tastes good" philosophy.

So yeah, interesting observation on your part.

And rhetorically, no, cough/cold syrups are pretty much useless. Big gimmick, IMO. You won't find them in my house. Warm tea with honey for older kids/adults.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
An eliquid tax can't come close to replacing the tobacco tax. Consider this math. I used to spend $3,000 a year smoking a carton a week. A liter bottle of 100 mg nic will last me 4 years. My cost of ingredients is less than 10 cents a day, under 40 a year. If that bottle of nic were taxed the same as the cigarettes it would cost $12,000. In states with much higher cig taxes it could be twic or three times that amount.

You're comparing the cost of DIY liquid to commercial cigs. That's not exactly apples-to-apples.

For a reference point on DIY vs Roll your own, this is the path I took.

I spent ~$850 per year on roll your own cigs (2 PAD).
I now spend less than $100 a year on DIY.

While not as big of a savings as going from tailor made cigs that cost thousands a year, still a noticeable difference.

Observation:
They used to make them taste like poo on purpose. Either to discourage accidental ingestion, or ostensibly to make people think it's "medicine"...as in "if it doesn't taste bad it won't work".

Now apparently we have a "you just have to keep it out of their hands, even if it tastes good" philosophy.

So yeah, interesting observation on your part.

And rhetorically, no, cough/cold syrups are pretty much useless. Big gimmick, IMO. You won't find them in my house. Warm tea with honey for older kids/adults.
Agreed on the cough syrup usefulness, the pharmacy will add flavoring to any liquid prescription too lol so silly *facepalM*

Reactions: AttyPops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread